G-NEOY
G-NEOZ
Print Wikipost

NEOs and a couple of SH changes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
Originally Posted by G-BUSI
What is the reasoning for T3 and those routes?
I suspect so it's easier for aircraft swaps due to IRROPS - remember the galley layouts, etc., will be different.

If an aircraft is swapped for one with different galleys, the catering load will have to be remade.
G-BUSI likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by Dover2Golf
With the recent highlights of the difficulties faced by wheelchair users at LHR including the loss of Frank Gardiner's chair

https://inews.co.uk/news/frank-gardn...st-wheelchair/

and the undertaking given by LHR to start delivering wheelchairs at the aircraft door rather than baggage reclaim I was left wondering about the increase problems faced by people with restricted mobility in the 'densified' cabins.

I'm a pretty big guy - was a rugby prop once and I find aircraft toilets a pretty tight fit and getting smaller, goodness only knows how someone who needs some degree of assistance manages with the new even more cramped space flex cabins with their 'enhanced' toilet facilities.

At present of course the Montreal Convention prevents the taking of any action against an airline while the disabled person is actually on the aircraft - almost as though they are tolerated but not welcome but surely this cannot last and better facilities must be provided.?
I think PRMs (Passengers with reduced mobility) are probably better off with the space flex cabins as the two toilets are essentially separated by a removable partition. If a PRM needs to use a toilet, the F/A can combine the two toilets into one large one.

The people at Airbus clearly thought about them. Now it's just a matter of thinking about the world population getting increasingly fatter...
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by WorldLux
Now it's just a matter of thinking about the world population getting increasingly fatter...
Don't worry - BA has shown surprising forethought here, and it doing its heroic best to curb the obesity crisis via CE catering, 3 halved prawns at a time...
Old Apr 8, 2018, 2:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Slightly OT, but regarding the W&B issue: An article was published in the Swiss press about the same W&B issue on the LX A320s.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 3:24 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Is it true that "NEO" refers to "Not Enough Overheads"?

In my own perverse way I'm actually looking forward to having a go on one of these.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 3:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by bisonrav
Is it true that "NEO" refers to "Not Enough Overheads"?

In my own perverse way I'm actually looking forward to having a go on one of these.
NEO is "New Engine Option".
Old Apr 8, 2018, 4:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Just flew on BA1337, LHR-NCL on G-MEDN, will be making a mini trip report with many images.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 5:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by tedcruz
Just flew on BA1337, LHR-NCL on G-MEDN, will be making a mini trip report with many images.
Thanks for that, and to make it easier to find here is the URL:
Travelling on G-MEDN
Old Apr 9, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: BAEC
Is G-MEDN a brand new NEO aircraft or a refurbed older Airbus? I can’t tell from the 2 sources I briefly looked at.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 7:17 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Is G-MEDN a brand new NEO aircraft or a refurbed older Airbus? I can’t tell from the 2 sources I briefly looked at.
Refurbed former BMI mid haul aircraft, I think.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Refurbed, it was previously a mid-haul configuration aircraft.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 8:36 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
It is 9 years old.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Honours Silver, Marriott, Hyatt, IHG
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
It is 9 years old.
For those of us of a certain age, I see the ex BA 757 G-BIKT has been restored to the UK register. It was built in 1985. Makes G-MEDN seem like the spring chicken it really is!
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
It is 9 years old.
Thank you.

So just to clarify or at least curb some of the speculation, once BA get a NEO delivered (which I understand is imminent) then it may be the case these speculative pain points mentioned here could appear, i.e lack of recline or no recline, lesser pitch etc. Or it’s not the doom & gloom that BAFT makes out...unusually as @tedcruz has shown with his report today.

Therefore was this all just simply a change of the back galley/toilets plus an extra row(s) (space flex) and the rest of cabin is business as usual with newer interiors?
GDOCA likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
So just to clarify or at least curb some of the speculation, once BA get a NEO delivered (which I understand is imminent)
They have (at least) one already, according to BApilotinsider, scheduled for maiden passenger flight on Thursday: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29615374-post2042.html

BAFT being what it is, I'm sure we won't have to wait long for someone to report back.
rockflyertalk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.