Wiki Posts
Search

Travelling on G-MEDN

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2018, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Travelling on G-MEDN

Yesterday I was fortunate enough to fly on G-MEDN, the first aircrafr with the extra row of seating and with the rear toilets being fitted into the back wall of the aircraft. The first thing that I have to clarify is, there is still recline in all seats!! The only seats which don't recline are the ones in row 37. A few positives which I would like to mention are:In the back left toilet, there is a special seating for disabled passenger. The new strip lighting by the seat numbers is a nice touch.
One big problem with the toilets is when the seat belt signs go off. The cabin crew are trying to sort out the tiny galley wit the BoB. But they constantly have to move as they aare blocking the entrance into the toilets. You can also see how BA are maximising space, by putting one of the crew seats into the toilet door.

In conclusion, there is'nt really so much of a difference, seats are the same andthe seats do recline. It's only the toilets which I found OK to move around in which is the biggest change.

Last edited by tedcruz; Apr 9, 2018 at 6:04 am
Old Apr 9, 2018, 5:30 am
Original Poster

The back left toilet

The built in crew seat and galley

The aircraft, you can make out the blue strip lighting

The galley in full

Both toilets, and the in built crew seat and pa on the toilet door.

Two more cabin crew seats opposite the galley

The entire galley working area

The toilet

The bay change area

The disabled assistant seat
Old Apr 9, 2018, 5:40 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Thanks for that update tedcruz, the photos relating to the baby change / reduced mobility facilities will be very useful for some travellers who will have specific concerns in this area. For other passengers, I suspect very few will notice the difference, which may explain why this hasn't had much feedback yet.

Related threads:
NEOs and a couple of SH changes
Short haul 'densification'
Old Apr 9, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Do the last two rows have windows, or is it like row 25 on the A319? Looks like they don’t from the pics.

Also the blue lighting where the seat row numbers are was a BD thing so unlikely it’ll be rolled out across the fleet.

Lufthansa have a similar arrangement, but with an orange light.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jwhite9185
Do the last two rows have windows, or is it like row 25 on the A319? Looks like they don’t from the pics.

Also the blue lighting where the seat row numbers are was a BD thing so unlikely it’ll be rolled out across the fleet.

Lufthansa have a similar arrangement, but with an orange light.
Only the last row has no windows.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 6:01 am
Suspended

I can not stop noticing how light the load is...

To jwhite9185, I believe the last row of this airbus has no window. The original design was to put 2 toilets there.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 6:05 am
Original Poster

It was'nt such a light load. The photo is taken from row 35.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by tedcruz
LX/LH only misses a window on the very last row. Not sure how they manage that.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Firstly, big thanks to the OP for posting this - really interesting seeing as I have A321s frequently on my regular route.

From the seatmap, it does appear that BA has squeezed an extra row before door 2 (i.e Row 9 Exit Row becomes Row 10 on the new config) and the second extra row comes after door 3.

Therefore are there any changes around Row 1 as well or are all of the changes at the back of the aircraft?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 8:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
I shall try to avoid that one then.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

This is row 37.

Last edited by tedcruz; Apr 9, 2018 at 4:10 pm Reason: Typo
Old Apr 9, 2018, 4:48 pm

The handrail lighting is part of the original BMed/bmi fit when the aircraft was delivered (also on G-MEDU). These two aircraft also have full mood lighting as well. It won't be a feature on any of the refitted aircraft.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by chongcao
To jwhite9185, I believe the last row of this airbus has no window. The original design was to put 2 toilets there.
I for one would appreciate a window in the toilet. Something to look at while you do your thing.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:24 pm

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
How to the seats compare comfort wise?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 2:53 am

The first thing that I have to clarify is, there is still recline in all seats!! The only seats which don't recline are the ones in row 37.
Super clear

Thanks for all the details - interesting that BA now have a row of non-reclining seats that aren't by the exit. The back couple of rows should be best avoided.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.