G-NEOX
G-NEOY
G-NEOZ
Print Wikipost

NEOs and a couple of SH changes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2018, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Wow. Those look incredibly uncomfortable in Y, I hope thats not the case when sitting on them.

Thank you for the photos.
They look the same as Vueling use, just without the antimacassars (although the Vueling seats also recline slightly). That makes somewhat sense as previous IAG investor days suggested they were trying to unify the fleet. I can confirm that the Vueling ones aren't any less comfortable than standard BA seats have flown on both last week on ~2hr flights (BCN, BLQ). My OH moaned that she was sliding forwards on the Vueling seat.. I said she should be grateful there is room to slide forward into! The Vueling seats also do not have the nets in the knee area to put things in (like a bottle of water) which I found as the biggest annoyance. Not sure if this is also the case on the BA NEO?

john
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 3:38 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by john205
[...] The Vueling seats also do not have the nets in the knee area to put things in (like a bottle of water) which I found as the biggest annoyance. Not sure if this is also the case on the BA NEO?

john
There is storage according to the pictures posted upthread.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 3:44 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by BOH
Why this so easy for Easyjet to do so effectively and proactively but not BA I have no idea.
It's because U2 is very open about being a LCC. Everybody knows the procedure - if you're not in the front 90 people in the queue, you get your bag taken off you. Gate agents are able to be quite militant about it.

With BA, the expectations are very different. There is no orderly queue forming at the gate at T-45. There are plenty of DYKWIAs who want to keep their bags when they turn up at T-21. While BA claims to be a premium carrier, it can't enforce carry-on restrictions in the same way.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 3:56 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by florens
There is storage according to the pictures posted upthread.
That's an emergency exit which has the old seats... not the new ones.
florens likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 4:15 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
What I don’t understand is BA have all this feeder traffic (unlike FR/U2) yet continue to degrade their CE product, now no middle table, I really don’t get it. (Please explain!)
The competition are not noticeably better is the only answer.

Im reserving judgement until I actual sit in one of he seats, which may be a long long time I’m now US based.

Having recently tried DL shorthaul in the US, with free WiFi messaging, drink/ snack and decent IFE, EU based airlines do now seem to be heading a completely different way.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 4:19 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Deltus
It's because U2 is very open about being a LCC. Everybody knows the procedure - if you're not in the front 90 people in the queue, you get your bag taken off you. Gate agents are able to be quite militant about it.

With BA, the expectations are very different. There is no orderly queue forming at the gate at T-45. There are plenty of DYKWIAs who want to keep their bags when they turn up at T-21. While BA claims to be a premium carrier, it can't enforce carry-on restrictions in the same way.
Read my post! I said perhaps those in boarding groups 1 and 2 should be guaranteed as these groups both have the CE and status pax in them. Then someone could turn up at T-21 and still board with a large carry-on. It would be a simple computer algorithm to work out at say T-45, based on the number of seats checked in on each flight to know at what point in the boarding process to start putting bags in the hold at the gate....still allowing for a DYKWIA GCH knob to turn up at T-21 with the large rollaboard, large laptop bag and suit carrier As for BA claiming to be a premium carrier, as someone said about 10 posts ago....every man and his dog knows this is utter BS.

Last edited by BOH; Apr 19, 2018 at 4:55 am
Old Apr 19, 2018, 4:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by megaloman
That's an emergency exit which has the old seats... not the new ones.
Indeed. Sorry about that!
Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:33 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj

The competition are not noticeably better is the only answer.

Im reserving judgement until I actual sit in one of he seats, which may be a long long time I’m now US based.

Having recently tried DL shorthaul in the US, with free WiFi messaging, drink/ snack and decent IFE, EU based airlines do now seem to be heading a completely different way.
Seen the new AA 738MAX cabin and configuration. In Economy, all have headrests, USB sockets and holders for tablets. They also have wifi onboard which is not really new. And let's not talk about free snacks and drinks. Who would have thought a few years ago that we would be praising US airlines in this forum?
Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:40 am

Programs: BAEC
Now that’s more like it
Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by BOH
As for BA claiming to be a premium carrier, as someone said about 10 posts ago....every man and his dog knows this is utter BS.
I don't agree - every man and his dog who reads FT/HfP/Business Traveller knows it, but there are a lot of men and a lot of dogs out there who don't. There are a lot of once-a-year flyers who still think BA is a step up - I was speaking to a colleague only a few weeks ago who was shocked when I told her that BA charges for drinks in short-haul.

BA *could* fix the storage problem by taking the cases off everyone in Group 4/5, but pax will be a lot more reluctant to go with that than they are on FR/U2.
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:06 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Deltus
BA *could* fix the storage problem by taking the cases off everyone in Group 4/5, but pax will be a lot more reluctant to go with that than they are on FR/U2.
I don't agree at all, everyone understands that there is a finite limit to the number of carry-ons in an aircraft cabin. A passenger can be "reluctant" as he wants to be....if the choice is the baggage goes in the hold or he/she does not fly then it is a simple choice to make. Once boarded they will see with their very own eyes that the overheads are full. BA / FR / U2 all use the same type of planes (320 or 737 series) so it will not reflect badly on BA in any way. Anything is better than the current farce of BA often allowing everyone to board (mainly at the outstations) and only then miraculously discovering that not all bags will fit on a full flight. Other airlines (not just the budget ones) manage this very well and bags are proactively taken from pax at the gate. BA now have the mechanism with the boarding groups to actively manage this rather than the current farce.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Are the new seats the same as Iberia Express has on their A320s? Been on them in LGW-MAD, and didn't find them that unpleasant, tbh.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 10:12 am

Anything is better than the current farce of BA often allowing everyone to board (mainly at the outstations) and only then miraculously discovering that not all bags will fit on a full flight. Other airlines (not just the budget ones) manage this very well and bags are proactively taken from pax at the gate.
And so who is responsible for carrying out said task. There's a reason you wont see it as much at the outstations for 2 reasons, firstly, BA put the handling agents under huge pressure in terms of On Time Performance, i.e it's quicker to allow everyone to board and if there are any baggage issues (Most of the time there is not - even on full flights), than to take a quota of bags on each flight. Secondly, BA are demanding ever cheaper Handling cost. This directly impacts the number of staff available at the gate. BA are soon to eliminate the Turn Around Co-ordinator position completely in the interest of saving more money giving even fewer ground staff to deal with the turn. Believe it or not, RYR and EZY are prepared to pay for more staff during the Turn-arounds.
hugolover and florens like this.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Yes, the same. I quite liked them too, to be honest, but anything is better than IB/I2's current seats.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK *G, Virgin Flying Club, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
What I find the most annoying about the BA A320neo is not the seats but that BA was too cheap to fit the Airspace XL luggage bins which are available for this aircraft despite the well known issues with cabin baggage.
florens likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.