G-NEOW
G-NEOX
G-NEOY
G-NEOZ
Print Wikipost

NEOs and a couple of SH changes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2018, 3:53 am

I have my first Eurotraveller flight on a NEO tomorrow morning. Has someone actually sat in/reviewed the new seat experience? I’m currently in Row 12 (second over wing exit) so my understanding is that this is the last of the old style seats. However, I’m considering moving myself back a bit to see what it’s like, especially if there is yet to be a trip report of actually sitting in these seats?
Old Aug 17, 2018, 7:12 am

Now the good Airbus economy seats ‘enhanced’?

.... After row 12 on BA850 to Warsaw this afternoon the seats change from the tasteful leather with the BA logo to cheap and nasty ultra LCC slim seats that look hard as rock. Is this new?? One of the few premium things about the BA Europe economy cabin now gone. What exactly is the difference between BA and Easyjet now?
Old Aug 17, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Sounds like one of the new A32X Neos.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Short Answer: Very Little except BA is noticeably more expensive for both fares and BOB.

The row 12 part has thrown me. All the flights I've taken the seats change from CE - ET with ET being the newer, slimmer etc etc EZY style of seat. It sounds like you had a half finished aircraft lol. I haven't sat in one of the newer ET seats so can't comment on comfort.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 7:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by APUBleed
.... ........................... What exactly is the difference between BA and Easyjet now?
The buy-on-board food and drink tends to be cheaper on Easyjet, overall.
Marschel and TWCLAM like this.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by TWCLAM
Short Answer: Very Little except BA is noticeably more expensive for both fares and BOB.

The row 12 part has thrown me. All the flights I've taken the seats change from CE - ET with ET being the newer, slimmer etc etc EZY style of seat. It sounds like you had a half finished aircraft lol. I haven't sat in one of the newer ET seats so can't comment on comfort.
Well I assume it goes to row 12 because that’s the max potential CE seats. But only row 5 is actually ET today (also ‘enhanced’ with no middle tray). So rows 6-12 are lucky to get the ‘CE’ seats.

Ill give BA one thing - by setting a new low in the economy cabin you do at least make the CE product seem a bit more premium now. If you turn McDonalds and turn it into feces, suddenly the McDonalds looks better than it did.
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 7:37 am

Another enhancement. No video screens anymore for the safety demo. Unless I’m mistaken if I recall they used to flip down. An audio announcement has replaced the video.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 7:40 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

I guess this is what happens when you have a Vueling CEO

Seriously, that new cabin looks like a Vueling one.
lhrpete and Worcester like this.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 8:49 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The Warsaw flight today was on G-TTNA, which is a NEO. The trick to these aircraft is to be in the first 12 rows since they are still Pinnacle.

Photos here, and the rest of the thread (click top right hyperlink) has the full story.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29655533-post349.html
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Another enhancement. No video screens anymore for the safety demo. Unless I’m mistaken if I recall they used to flip down. An audio announcement has replaced the video.
i actuall prefer manual demos but however silly it may sound ill really miss the flight map.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 8:55 am

Really? Well then, with the current safety video being the tortuous horror that it is, that can only be a good thing. Unless the audio announcement is in the same vein.
wrp96, simonrp84 and Marschel like this.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
No recorded audio announcement - it’s read out by cabin crew on the PA system.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by sb1982
No recorded audio announcement - it’s read out by cabin crew on the PA system.
Ah, well back to the (not so distant) old days then. Let's hope they stick to a short, sweet standard script rather than an overlong, painfully unfunny 'comedy' version.
12939 likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: BA Gold; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by orbitmic

i actuall prefer manual demos
Likewise. Not having to watch the safety video is the best thing about the NEO.
orbitmic and wrp96 like this.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 9:55 am

The final enhancement was in-seat usb power in an exit row that actually didn’t work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.