G-NEOY
G-NEOZ
Print Wikipost

NEOs and a couple of SH changes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by TonyVD
What I find the most annoying about the BA A320neo is not the seats but that BA was too cheap to fit the Airspace XL luggage bins which are available for this aircraft despite the well known issues with cabin baggage.
Makes me ask a further question as to BA (IAG) customer/user/ involvement/feedback with service users and development?

Is there a user group involvement with BA/IAG product development? Just wondering.

Old Apr 22, 2018, 9:33 am

A few more photos on head for points yesterday, in particular showing the power sockets incase people are interested.

https://www.headforpoints.com/2018/0...t-photographs/
Old Apr 22, 2018, 12:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TonyVD
What I find the most annoying about the BA A320neo is not the seats but that BA was too cheap to fit the Airspace XL luggage bins which are available for this aircraft despite the well known issues with cabin baggage.
I am sure BA/IAG now will continue to sends thousands emails per day by asking people to check luggage for free in zone B, and continues to make hundreds of announcement per day to ask people at the gate to gate check their luggage to get priority boarding. These measures are much cheaper than the airspace XL luggage bins. Almost sounds perfectly to match a typical Alex Cruz enhancement (cost cutting).
gordon0808, megaloman and tedcruz like this.
Old May 1, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
A couple of AA passengers on a codeshare from BUD tonight (on a new NEO) clearly underwhelmed by their first inter-Europe J experience (“Are you sure this is business class? Maybe they put it at the back, have you checked there?”). I have to say, now the CE shelf has gone, it does feel a little embarrassing as a J product. At least put a little cushion in the middle seat like Finnair do! Or something to differentiate it, other then the floppy white headrest cover. Also legroom in row 1 also feels reduced - not sure if imagining it or not!
Old May 1, 2018, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by thebilly_b
A couple of AA passengers on a codeshare from BUD tonight (on a new NEO) clearly underwhelmed by their first inter-Europe J experience (“Are you sure this is business class? Maybe they put it at the back, have you checked there?”). I have to say, now the CE shelf has gone, it does feel a little embarrassing as a J product.
I hope you reminded them this was a premium/quality operation.
RoyalSwazi likes this.
Old May 1, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by wythy
And so who is responsible for carrying out said task. There's a reason you wont see it as much at the outstations for 2 reasons, firstly, BA put the handling agents under huge pressure in terms of On Time Performance, i.e it's quicker to allow everyone to board and if there are any baggage issues (Most of the time there is not - even on full flights), than to take a quota of bags on each flight. Secondly, BA are demanding ever cheaper Handling cost. This directly impacts the number of staff available at the gate. BA are soon to eliminate the Turn Around Co-ordinator position completely in the interest of saving more money giving even fewer ground staff to deal with the turn. Believe it or not, RYR and EZY are prepared to pay for more staff during the Turn-arounds.
Disagree about the turn round and pressure on the on time departure. Twice in last week experienced BA incapable of dealing with too many bags in cabin...ex MAD...pa announcement bags to be left in aisle to await collection for hold...issues over pax not being able to lock bags...have important docs in bags...arguements over time delay at LHR for bag pick up....transfer pax late boarding yet no space for overheads...a complete farce.
Old May 21, 2018, 11:43 am

Apologies if the answer is in here already but I can't find it. Can anyone confirm if the A320neos still have a bulkhead ahead of Row 1? And if so, is it on both sides or just D-E-F?
Old May 21, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Originally Posted by BobServant
Apologies if the answer is in here already but I can't find it. Can anyone confirm if the A320neos still have a bulkhead ahead of Row 1? And if so, is it on both sides or just D-E-F?
It’s still there on both sides ! I didn’t think it would make much difference but I am finding it strange without the middle tray in CE.
Old May 21, 2018, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Chris9642

It’s still there on both sides ! I didn’t think it would make much difference but I am finding it strange without the middle tray in CE.
Thanks - good news, I really dislike Row 1 without a bulkhead, especially on the A side.

Looks like I have an "old" A320 outbound to LIS and a Neo coming back in Sept - will be interesting to see how different they are.
Old May 21, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Originally Posted by BobServant
Thanks - good news, I really dislike Row 1 without a bulkhead, especially on the A side.

Looks like I have an "old" A320 outbound to LIS and a Neo coming back in Sept - will be interesting to see how different they are.
not much different - I noticed a huge difference in engine noise - I think - unless I was imagining it 😂

Also totally different setup in rear galley with the toilet embedded in back wall. Hated the look of the new seats - I had a wander down to look - exactly the same as the new easyjet ones as we knew but at least the easyjet ones have a splash of colour - looks so cheap and awful
Old May 21, 2018, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Chris9642

not much different - I noticed a huge difference in engine noise - I think - unless I was imagining it 😂

Also totally different setup in rear galley with the toilet embedded in back wall. Hated the look of the new seats - I had a wander down to look - exactly the same as the new easyjet ones as we knew but at least the easyjet ones have a splash of colour - looks so cheap and awful
Some of the pictures of BA interiors just look drab and morose - how much more would it cost to spec a couple of coloured panels on the seats?

I was on a new 186 seat Easyjet A320 last month - EDI to ALC so around 3 hours. The seats were surprisingly comfortable and the legroom decent enough, and as you say a wee bit of colour goes a long way, the orange trims made quite a difference.
Old May 21, 2018, 2:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
I travelled on G-MEDN on Saturday to Madrid. 37 rows ( don’t remember that many rows on an A321neos before but don’t pay that much attention to the back) .

Asked the cabin crew if 5(3 shopping would be round as there was something I wanted To buy She said to me there was now no longer any room on this A321for the shopping carts so it wasn’t included.

I Heard shopping was going but on only on the new news. This aircraft still had the tables in CE.

A tweet to the social media team to gmive feedback on a great flight, mediocre boarding experience, amazing crews but no shopping despite the aircraft having the magazines and was this a waste of fuel carrying 180 magazines round Europe unnecessarily.

This is resulted in a call on Sunday and we chatted about the good, the very good, the mediocre, to the bizarre (lack of Parmesan inGF) and were there any plans for some premium/artisan gins in GF. Had a lovely follow email at the end of the day with answers to a few questions raised,, I think there will be some tweaks to priority boarding for group 1s in the offing.

Genuinely impressed with the responsivness of the Twitter team, their actions but they said if someone was asking the question it was always good to research the answer share with the team in case other people asked that question.

The lovely agent gent said they could pretty much do anything apart from holiday bookings as they came under the umbrella of Customer Relations

and considerable resource/investment was being made available to ensure BA can keep abreast of the social media game.

Still waiting to find out if shopping is discontinued on the A321s back to topic.
Old May 21, 2018, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

In-flight retail has been discontinued on all aircraft fitted with the Space-Flex galley. This includes the converted A321ceos and the new A320neos. Eventually I think the plan is to get rid of it completely, at least on short haul.
florens and rockflyertalk like this.
Old May 21, 2018, 3:17 pm

Programs: BAEC
I thought inflight shopping had gone completely. Not that I ever brought anything, therefore wouldn’t pay attention.

I wonder if the CE tables will be reinstated...
Old May 21, 2018, 6:08 pm

On my course for the NEO, it was suggested that High Life shopping would be available in the future with you placing orders with the crew using the ipads, taking payment, and then having it delivered to your home. There were quite a lot of rolling eyes and snorts of derision as we wondered if our wonderful payment machines and the back office organisation would be up to this!
Dover2Golf, rockflyertalk and MFCC like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.