G-NEOX
G-NEOY
G-NEOZ
Print Wikipost

NEOs and a couple of SH changes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: BA, EI, IB, Hilton Honors
What's the window set up like on row 27 of the 321neo? Neck straining required?
Old Sep 28, 2019, 2:16 pm

Programs: BA, EI, IB, Hilton Honors
To answer my own question: row 27 has now window, neither does row 37.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I’ve had A321 NEOs for the last 3 weeks on the evening flight out of MAN. Told that all pax have to sit in their allocated seats and there is to be no movement into the empty rows. I did end up near the back on one of them due to a SDC and there was some grumpiness that the empty rows couldn’t be used.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 6:19 pm

Programs: BAEC
Do we think there’s any chance of BA changing the economy seat back to Pinnacle or even a new design? Or are the Recaro seats here to stay...
Old Oct 12, 2019, 2:29 am

I would say a very small or no chance. Annoys me, I was flying to Italy the other day in an A321 exit row (by co-incidence the aircraft involved in that smoke-in-cabin incident) with my partner in the unusual 2 pinnacle seats with massive legroom and I couldn't help but feel it pretty much doesn't get better than this in terms of classiness and comfort on an intra-europe flight. As soon as I lose my status and can't select exit seats, and as soon as it becomes too common to be in a recaro cabin it will make the decision easy for me to fly EasyJet or Ryanair if they are cheaper. What's the difference?
Old Oct 12, 2019, 2:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
My most recent flight was on a neo. The CSM summed up the aircraft as "great for the pilots and bean counters, horrible for the passengers and crew".
Old Oct 12, 2019, 2:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by APUBleed
I would say a very small or no chance. Annoys me, I was flying to Italy the other day in an A321 exit row (by co-incidence the aircraft involved in that smoke-in-cabin incident) with my partner in the unusual 2 pinnacle seats with massive legroom and I couldn't help but feel it pretty much doesn't get better than this in terms of classiness and comfort on an intra-europe flight. As soon as I lose my status and can't select exit seats, and as soon as it becomes too common to be in a recaro cabin it will make the decision easy for me to fly EasyJet or Ryanair if they are cheaper. What's the difference?
The biggest one for me is the that I find Luton and Standsted really nasty airports. Having said that I've not been near either of them for 5 years so maybe out of date. Gatwick is bearable and I've flown Easyjet from there and not had any sense of slumming it. I use BA because of status benefits, and in my case burning through Avios as I find earn on LH burn on SH to be what works for me.

In truth on Euro SH it's far more about airport accessibility and experience, flight timing and circumstantial benefits like BAEC status that determine who I fly with.
TedToToe likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 6:23 pm

I think what’s disappointing is that the new seats aren’t comfy or aesthetically pleasing.

The Pinnacle seats and mood lighting throughout make the cabin seem elegant and modern, even on older aircraft. They also have added benefits such as the adjustable headrest and tablet holder pocket.

If BA can fit 180 Pinnacles on an A320 then why is there a need for the Recaros? Are the older seats really that much heavier? They can’t be too bad or why would BA retrofit the older models with them.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by BAeuro
I think what’s disappointing is that the new seats aren’t comfy or aesthetically pleasing.

The Pinnacle seats and mood lighting throughout make the cabin seem elegant and modern, even on older aircraft. They also have added benefits such as the adjustable headrest and tablet holder pocket.

If BA can fit 180 Pinnacles on an A320 then why is there a need for the Recaros? Are the older seats really that much heavier? They can’t be too bad or why would BA retrofit the older models with them.
Comparing like with like, A320ceo refits have 180 Pinnacle. A320neo has 12 rows Pinnacle and the rest Recaro.

While I agree the Pinnacle are the far superior seat, behind the emergency exit, the legroom with the Pinnacles is not great, whereas the Recaros have much more space for your legs. So for me, even though the new Recaro seats are inferior, it does allow for more legroom which is my preference. Obviously 168 seats Pinnacle is best, but if they are going to 180, I’d take the Recaros over full Pinnacle.

Just my 2 cents.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by george77300
Comparing like with like, A320ceo refits have 180 Pinnacle. A320neo has 12 rows Pinnacle and the rest Recaro.

While I agree the Pinnacle are the far superior seat, behind the emergency exit, the legroom with the Pinnacles is not great, whereas the Recaros have much more space for your legs. So for me, even though the new Recaro seats are inferior, it does allow for more legroom which is my preference. Obviously 168 seats Pinnacle is best, but if they are going to 180, I’d take the Recaros over full Pinnacle.

Just my 2 cents.
That’s a valid point actually.

I just wish the seats had something more going for them, even if it was just a headrest, BA short-haul seats have always had one.

Has anyone else noticed the Recaro build quality seems poor, with bits coming off or broken already?
george77300 likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 6:44 pm

That’s a valid point actually.

I just wish the seats had something more going for them, even if it was just a headrest, BA short-haul seats have always had one.

Has anyone else noticed the Recaro build quality seems poor, with bits coming off or broken already?
Completely agree. If they put the Pinnacle headrest on the Recaro, that’s the best (180 seat) scenario for me, it really would be nice to have a headrest.

(Obviously CY168 as before in Pinnacle throughout is better, but that of course isn’t going to happen.)
Old Jan 29, 2020, 10:31 am

Anyone know when the NEO balance issue is likely to be sorted? I see that the last few rows are still blocked off on most 32N flights.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 10:38 am

Anyone know when the NEO balance issue is likely to be sorted? I see that the last few rows are still blocked off on most 32N flights.
Latest I heard is that a software change is needed. Personally I'd rip the Spaceflexes out, replace them with actual galleys and proper loos, throw whoever thought about this product at Airbus and whoever bought it at IAG/BA into a lake with a catapult. After having tarred and feathered them, but not before having forced them to work on one of those planes on, say, a LHR-LCA.
BA235, bwaflyer and megaloman like this.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 2:42 pm

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Compo ?

i wonder if BA will be getting compensation from Airbus for this debacle ?
Old Jan 29, 2020, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by 13901
Latest I heard is that a software change is needed. Personally I'd rip the Spaceflexes out, replace them with actual galleys and proper loos, throw whoever thought about this product at Airbus and whoever bought it at IAG/BA into a lake with a catapult. After having tarred and feathered them, but not before having forced them to work on one of those planes on, say, a LHR-LCA.
Why isn’t it a problem on (say) easyJet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.