G-NEOX
G-NEOY
G-NEOZ
Print Wikipost

NEOs and a couple of SH changes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I think that's the only bit which (in practical terms) is new here: BA have long blocked out the last two rows on NEOs, as is mentioned up thread and in the removed CE Club table discussion. However people often did move to the final row on boarding, either with or without crew encouragement, but the EASA ruling now makes it a no go zone. It's all a bit daft, the NEO arrangement was intended to standardise IAG's fleet in this area, and the Recaro seats are a lot lighter from a fuel usage point of view, but the extra capacity factor of NEOs now seems to be ebbing away.

I haven't yet been on a NEO where I've been asked to wait before disembarking, though it has been reported upthread.
There are 2 obvious solutions that BA could adopt. They could put lead ballast in the forward hold, or they could move Club Europe to the rear. I'm not sure which would be the least popular.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
I wonder if things like the table in forward rows will help? The story is that power points would not fit on the Pinnacle seats with the table, but the CEO's seem to mange? If its just the NEO's, I wonder if its directly to do with the weight of the heavier engines or the FBW system which has been reprogrammed to mimic the ceo models? My guess is that it is the latter, apparently the A318 and A380 feel the same to fly. Although pilot inputs in the flight deck are different, the effect of control surfaces is very different.

I guess loading more luggage at the front would help for now, maybe even removing the containers from the rear hold - although that would relegate the A320neos to T3 and LGW. More likely that Airbus will issue a software update to 'fix' this issue.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: BAEC
I had noticed on EF that some Neo flights had rows 29/30 missing or they were blocked out.

As mentioned up thread, this means the ‘densification’ and smaller toilets and galleys are now all pointless. I’m sure BA are thrilled by this...

What will this mean for the deliveries scheduled early next year?
T8191, florens and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by BrianDromey
I wonder if things like the table in forward rows will help? The story is that power points would not fit on the Pinnacle seats with the table, but the CEO's seem to mange? If its just the NEO's, I wonder if its directly to do with the weight of the heavier engines or the FBW system which has been reprogrammed to mimic the ceo models? My guess is that it is the latter, apparently the A318 and A380 feel the same to fly. Although pilot inputs in the flight deck are different, the effect of control surfaces is very different.

I guess loading more luggage at the front would help for now, maybe even removing the containers from the rear hold - although that would relegate the A320neos to T3 and LGW. More likely that Airbus will issue a software update to 'fix' this issue.
The tables would help, of course, but their contribution would not be great. BA have a bigger problem than the LCC's because Club Europe in the front is only 4 across, whereas in all economy its 6 across. Removing Club would go a long way to solving the problem.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by rapidex
There are 2 obvious solutions that BA could adopt. They could put lead ballast in the forward hold, or they could move Club Europe to the rear. I'm not sure which would be the least popular.
Heavier passengers at the front, lighter ones at the back.
I wonder if it's been discussed by the board. Imagine them trying to implement it.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by rapidex
Removing Club would go a long way to solving the problem.
You're a brave man to float that notion!
rapidex and bmibaby737 like this.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:23 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Schind
Heavier passengers at the front, lighter ones at the back.
Well why do you think they added all the Do&Co puds and cheeses to the CE revamped menus?
rapidex and Mordac like this.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
At least there would be two toilets for the CE pax if seated at the at the rear.

Plus the queue for the single front one would balance out the tail heaviness!
Crampedin13A likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: BA Gold
After managing to avoid Neo's since introduced mostly due to a lack of flying BA Short Haul, I had the misfortune of riding on one yesterday, and stuck in the back to get the full experience. Yes, and I'm with others that say those seats are bad. The three back rows were blocked out on the flight and the flight seemed pretty much full otherwise in Economy although the internal system I was looking at said otherwise (I couldn't see 11% empty seats let alone any, so it was counting the back rows). The Ceo's running V2500's are more reliable, and don't have CoG/load issues, which nullifies the Neo fuel savings.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Radio 4 is covering the BA neo issues on You and Yours today I believe.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 3:11 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Originally Posted by Raffles
Radio 4 is covering the BA neo issues on You and Yours today I believe.
starts at 18 minutes past midday BST

https://www.bbc.co.uk/schedules/p00fzl7j
Old Sep 26, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
Trimming the NEO

Sat on the A320N and the captain has just announced that the rear 3 rows need to remain unoccupied throughout the flight to keep the aircraft trimmed correctly.

Now I’d understand it if this was a charter for the Fatfighters club or we were at a STOL, it was hot and high or we were attempting a TATL, but this is a WAW-LHR short hop, its cool and raining and we’re not on a twin otter.

Surely they’re not razzing it to the max this evening and its going to be at the peak of its abilities?
Old Sep 26, 2019, 10:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
May be worth having a look at thi thread from post 533 onwards NEOs and a couple of SH changes
Old Sep 26, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
It makes me wonder if BA (and LH etc) will or should have some recourse to Airbus for the Neo CoG cluster f**k.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Was the Club cabin particularly large? Might explain why 3 rows instead of the 1 reported elsewhere

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.