G-NEOY
G-NEOZ
Print Wikipost

NEOs and a couple of SH changes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TCX69
BA474 on Monday is due to be operated by a densitied A320ceo with 180 seats. The cabin layout will be exactly the same as the A320neo.
Originally Posted by notakeenflyer
Thanks, I'll bring a cushion then
Not quite the same. The densified A320ceo has all Pinnacle seats still. Only the neo has the new slimlines. So for behind row 12, you will find the A320ceo more comfortable.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by george77300
Not quite the same. The densified A320ceo has all Pinnacle seats still. Only the neo has the new slimlines. So for behind row 12, you will find the A320ceo more comfortable.
That's good to know, cheers. I should probably have a cushion with me anyway, as I'm travelling down with GWR on one of their new IETs, and they seem to think sticking a thin towel to a piece of moulded plastic is a good enough seat for an Intercity rail journey.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 4:28 pm

Programs: BAEC
So I’ve just got off my 3rd A320neo flight and thought I’d just give my opinion and things I noticed.

•The manual safety demo is now accompanied by a pre recorded tape (a la easyJet) and not the cabin crew reading the script (This must be a new addition)
•The cabins are showing wear and tear already and don’t look ‘new’.
•The Recaro seats are AWFUL. They are of such poor quality . The covers on the armrests are all coming off, my tray table catch was all broken off and the leather on the seats is saggy already.

I know BA won’t be changing back to Pinnacle throughout anytime soon but these seats can’t become the norm, I have never seen this amount of wear and tear on the old pinnacles .
Okay I’ll shutup now
Old Sep 5, 2019, 4:50 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BAeuro
So I’ve just got off my 3rd A320neo flight and thought I’d just give my opinion and things I noticed.

•The manual safety demo is now accompanied by a pre recorded tape (a la easyJet) and not the cabin crew reading the script (This must be a new addition)
It is new yes, but you won't hear it all the time, if the staffing level is at a certain point you will get a live broadcast rather than the tape. I think the tape is a bit slow too, so if there is a quick take off (NCL, LBA, EDI) then they will probably prefer not to use the tape.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 12:28 am

Programs: Confirmed
Originally Posted by chongcao
  • All LHR 320 and 321CEOs to be retrofitted with new seating and SpaceFlex Galleys. [translation: [b]more seats per plane and less legroom per seat]
  • New Recaro seats aft of Club which will just have USB power. These seats will not recline. [translation: if you have no status, you are not going to enjoy the recline nor the power socket, second class citizens anyone?]
  • No video screens, manual demo every time. [translation: more work for crew just like those working for Ryanair, manual demo every flight]
  • There’s no waste bins or cold potable water tap at the rear, so all water runs and clear ins in ET will have to be made from the Club galley after they have completed their service. [translation: 1, when you go to rare lavatory, do expect to stump on the waste bags as there is no other place to hold them; 2, do not expect free water any more as the crew are unlikely to finish the service for those added capacity and they have to run up and down few times more to give you free tap water]
  • No duty free on any short haul flights, no space for the trolleys! [translation: no translation needed]
  • BOB is here to stay, as is M&S. There are no plans to add free water/tea/coffee despite any rumours. [translation: even if BA change its course on BOB where they are going to put the free stuff?]
Just quote from the OP. I counted 6 MAIN NEGATIVE points. The new A320 will have the seat capacity of A321 in the old days and the new A321 will have seat capacity for an A330... Welcome to the new Ryanair of Heathrow. And congratulations to all BA passengers, you will thoroughly enjoy the travel experience of sardine in the can. You are now the human cargo for the Vueling London Airways.
You meant Level
Old Sep 6, 2019, 7:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SKRan

You meant Level
Alex Cruz was the man for Vueling, before Level was born. Level is relatively new and was operating IB owned widebody aircraft A332 exclusively until recently. Thus the reference of Vueling, not Level.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 3:45 pm

Programs: BAEC
Will BA change back to better seats or stick with the Recaros in the long term? Do we know if BA are pleased with seats or not?
Old Sep 16, 2019, 4:09 am

Concerning the 320NEO
Reported on Head For Points - following an EASA airworthiness directive about centre of gravity concerns - that BA (and some other airlines) are having to block out the last row of seats (sometimes block the last two rows). Not sure whether Airbus can fix this with software or whether they will be a permanent reduction in seating capacity on these planes.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 4:43 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Right. I did not post until I had actually flown one of these. Yesterday BA422 LHR-VLC was operated by G-TTNF ( I wish that it was TTFN - but there we are!). I was much impressed and frankly all the Bogeymen stories proved unfounded. I went and tried 2C and made HI try 2F. It is a tighter fit but no way were his knees up against the back of the seat in front. Whether I could have used a laptop or not I do not know. I do not use laptops on aircraft.

Returning to my own seat, I had no problem with there being no table as I remember that prior to BMI's demise and integration, there were none. There were 5 rows of Club ( as opposed to 10 on the way out!). There is a different note to the engines, and I found them quieter and the aircraft seems to climb faster. All in all, in CE I was perfectly happy with the aircraft. I also was pleased that there seemed to be more provision for hand luggage in CE.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 4:54 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rcspeirs
Concerning the 320NEO
Reported on Head For Points - following an EASA airworthiness directive about centre of gravity concerns - that BA (and some other airlines) are having to block out the last row of seats (sometimes block the last two rows). Not sure whether Airbus can fix this with software or whether they will be a permanent reduction in seating capacity on these planes.
I wonder if the issue is specifically NEO models? Are CEO with the spaceflex interior also impacted?
Old Sep 16, 2019, 5:24 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
only NEOs

Originally Posted by BrianDromey
I wonder if the issue is specifically NEO models? Are CEO with the spaceflex interior also impacted?
EASA's airworthiness directive only says NEOs

https://ad.easa.europa.eu/blob/EASA_...AD_2019-0189_1
Old Sep 16, 2019, 8:21 am

Programs: Mucci des Ancients Matelots
damn, you guys are fast. I was on my first NEO last night and got chatting to the crew who told me about the centre of gravity issues and that BA cannot fill the last row anymore due to the cargo layout.

As to my experience, I missed the map and the centre table but liked that Mrs Gaxxy could sit next to me in the middle seat while we dumped our detritus in the aisle seat. The crew were not happy about the plane and the galley size.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: British Airways Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Flew on BA NEO today after boarding an announcement was made that no passengers can move to the ‘free’ seats at the back of the plane and that this will be checked throughout the flight.

😐
Old Sep 16, 2019, 8:50 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by nshep
Flew on BA NEO today after boarding an announcement was made that no passengers can move to the ‘free’ seats at the back of the plane and that this will be checked throughout the flight.
I think that's the only bit which (in practical terms) is new here: BA have long blocked out the last two rows on NEOs, as is mentioned up thread and in the removed CE Club table discussion. However people often did move to the final row on boarding, either with or without crew encouragement, but the EASA ruling now makes it a no go zone. It's all a bit daft, the NEO arrangement was intended to standardise IAG's fleet in this area, and the Recaro seats are a lot lighter from a fuel usage point of view, but the extra capacity factor of NEOs now seems to be ebbing away.

I haven't yet been on a NEO where I've been asked to wait before disembarking, though it has been reported upthread.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
They put more seats in it, making everything more uncomfortable, and now they can't use them. Nice result.
I wonder if they will ever re-configure these planes if the problem becomes permanent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.