G-NEOW
G-NEOX
G-NEOY
G-NEOZ
Print Wikipost

NEOs and a couple of SH changes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2018, 3:30 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by Deltus
So... according to BT, BA says half of this thread is rubbish: https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...ing-explained/

Anyone have any more details? Is the pitch still reducing, but still with the original seats? That sounds even worse tbh...
Interesting update on the A320ceo and A321ceos.

With the 2 toilets being relocated on the A320s, this leaves space aft of row 28 for two additional rows, or just about. Looking at the LOPA plan, I suspect the pitch may be tightened from row 13 aft but if the pitch adjustment is made over 16 rows, then we're probably looking at no more than a 1cm reduction in row separation.
florens likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
It hasn't been running since Friday, but I noticed G-MEDN has was allocated to the following flights tomorrow. I guess this may change if they're doing some modifications to the aircraft.
Tuesday 13 March
LHR-EDI BA1440 1125

EDI-LHR BA1449 1350
LHR-EDI BA1452 1640
EDI-LHR BA1459 1855

Turns out it's not running. Wonder what happened to it?

Last edited by layz; Mar 13, 2018 at 4:46 am
Old Mar 15, 2018, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here's a look inside the densified A321, it doesn't look good: https://saveecrewards.co.uk/blog/look-g-medn

It seems there's no USB chargers in the seats at the back, has anyone sat further forward and able to comment whether sockets in the front rows were installed.

When I first read this thread my view was although they were taking away the screens and reducing the pitch at least we were getting something in return (sockets in the front section, USB in the remaining seats), I'd say now that there's no positive from a passenger perspective.

I won't post all the pics from that article, but here's the worst one for me. This is the final row...
FlyerTalker688786 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 6:15 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by layz
Here's a look inside the densified A321, it doesn't look good: https://saveecrewards.co.uk/blog/look-g-medn

It seems there's no USB chargers in the seats at the back, has anyone sat further forward and able to comment whether sockets in the front rows were installed.

When I first read this thread my view was although they were taking away the screens and reducing the pitch at least we were getting something in return (sockets in the front section, USB in the remaining seats), I'd say now that there's no positive from a passenger perspective.

I won't post all the pics from that article, but here's the worst one for me. This is the final row...
This doesn't address the front of the plane. What (if anything) has happened to Row 1 legroom, the wardrobe, and the two J lavs?
Old Mar 15, 2018, 6:19 am
Suspended

Thanks. Now I am interested to hear what cabin crew would say about the new layout!
Old Mar 15, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: BA Gold
My parents flew on G-MEDN on BA1479 GLA-LHR this morning. An interesting development when landing at LHR - pilot wouldn't let anyone disembark until luggage was off "in case plane tilted", noting that due to galley, extra seats and baggage carts in hold all at the rear then he had a fear that the stability of the plane could be adversely impacted. My dad's view was that the pilot did sound genuinely concerned.
florens likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 6:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by GrayBDG
My parents flew on G-MEDN on BA1479 GLA-LHR this morning. An interesting development when landing at LHR - pilot wouldn't let anyone disembark until luggage was off "in case plane tilted", noting that due to galley, extra seats and baggage carts in hold all at the rear then he had a fear that the stability of the plane could be adversely impacted. My dad's view was that the pilot did sound genuinely concerned.
I would think Airbus engineers would have calculated all scenarios before put forward the design, no?
florens and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sts603
This doesn't address the front of the plane. What (if anything) has happened to Row 1 legroom, the wardrobe, and the two J lavs?
As G-MEDN was a midhaul aircraft it never has had two toilets at the front of the plane. There's a seatmap there that shows there's now one extra row in the front section, this to me means that once the BA fleet are densified they'll get rid of the extra toilet otherwise the ex-midhaul aircraft will have one more row than the original BA fleet.

Another possibility no one has mentioned is the BA refurbs will keep the extra toilet but they will have the slimline, non-reclining seating up back to make up the space which is why there's been some confusion.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 6:45 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chongcao
I would think Airbus engineers would have calculated all scenarios before put forward the design, no?
this should help explain https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29477193-post88.html
Old Mar 15, 2018, 7:04 am
Suspended

That is Shocking KARFA!
Old Mar 15, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
Sounds like the warning was fairly legitimate and could be the norm for the new densified fleet. Not great...
Old Mar 15, 2018, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sounds like the warning was fairly legitimate and could be the norm for the new densified fleet. Not great...
We'll see over time I'm sure. It could be just a case that the pilot was being extra cautious (which I'd rather they would be if they're uncertain)
Old Mar 15, 2018, 9:08 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by layz
We'll see over time I'm sure. It could be just a case that the pilot was being extra cautious (which I'd rather they would be if they're uncertain)
I mean I think one thing is for certain - this is not sustainable. There is nothing that makes passengers more angry than not being able to deplane quickly upon arrival. Nevermind that I can see the EU 261 argument of when the plane arrived if passengers were knowingly going to be kept on board. So some solution will ultimately be worked out.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
I wonder if there is something special about MEDN too. I've had this on two occasions on MEDN, once arriving in BEY and another in CAI. Never on an another aircraft.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 10:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by BA6501
I wonder if there is something special about MEDN too. I've had this on two occasions on MEDN, once arriving in BEY and another in CAI. Never on an another aircraft.
Is it because of the extra fuel tanks maybe?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.