G-NEOY
G-NEOZ
Print Wikipost

NEOs and a couple of SH changes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by simons1
Shame about the trumpet though. Maybe BA could have a violin.
Only if it pays for its own seat
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:20 pm

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
A few thoughts:
- I'm glad the safety video is going. The comic relief video is awful, far too long and poorly demonstrates the safety features on each aircraft. Good riddance to that! Im not a massive fan of the connections video either, but its not quite so excruciating.
- In the US Southwest flights have WiFi and there is a moving map function on the splash page, I wonder if BA will do similar. If they do, the moving map won't be a huge loss.
- The seats do look hard and thin - I'm not sure how BA can market itself as a premium airline with exactly the same seats as easyJet. Not a problem at LHR, of course, where easyJet are locked out. Perhaps why LGW is getting the A319s.
- If BA are having the factory-fit SpaceFlex (as Vueling do) there are two toilets at the rear, not one. Both are, apparently, tiny.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:40 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by BrianDromey
- If BA are having the factory-fit SpaceFlex (as Vueling do) there are two toilets at the rear, not one. Both are, apparently, tiny.
That's interesting. Swiss, Lufthansa, and Air France are currently boosting the density of their A320 aircraft and also went with the Space-Flex option. These aircraft have one toilet at the rear.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Prospero
That's interesting. Swiss, Lufthansa, and Air France are currently boosting the density of their A320 aircraft and also went with the Space-Flex option. These aircraft have one toilet at the rear.
The new A320NEOs being delivered to Lufthansa have two toilets at the back. I attempted to link the seat map in reply 67.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:52 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by TedToToe

The new A320NEOs being delivered to Lufthansa have two toilets at the back. I attempted to link the seat map in reply 67.
Gotya, thanks.

I see now there are variants of the Space Flex concept

Source: https://runwaygirlnetwork.com/2015/0...galley-option/
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Prospero
yes on the Pegasus A320 NEO I flew on the summer there was only one tiny toilet. Ridiculous for a 180 seat plane, I hope BA has 2 at the rear.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:06 pm

Does anybody know what PRM Capability is?
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas

yes on the Pegasus A320 NEO I flew on the summer there was only one tiny toilet. Ridiculous for a 180 seat plane, I hope BA has 2 at the rear.
Perhaps BA are banking that less liquid consumption due to BoB will require less facilities for its disposal.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:10 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis

Passenger with Reduced Mobiity
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by bisonrav

Passenger with Reduced Mobiity
Ah, thank you.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:25 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
In airline speak a PRM is a Person with Restricted Mobility.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
People with Reduced Mobility Travel Rights

As someone who transports people for a living I know far more about this than is sensible!
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold
None of this sounds good to me The Gatwick fleet is going to be preferable after these changes but this made me wonder, would the current G-GATx layout not have been a good compromise here for the Heathrow A320s? This manages to fit 177 of the current seats at 30" pitch (up from 168 on the current LHR fleet), full galleys front and rear and 2 rear toilets in the normal places. The only loss is the front wardrobe, but with a bulkhead fitted instead this layout would be fine.

i've no idea about the economics of this (presumably the spreadsheet said 180 seats are required) but the space flex fit out can't be cheap, and the existing seats being removed are only a couple of years old. I wonder if some of these nearly-new seats will now be used to update the ex-bMI aircraft at Gatwick which are looking quite tired these days.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:47 pm

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
A certain whiff of BS here as Ryanair or Easyjet have both had allocated seating for a number of years...
I didnt say it was recently. It was circa 2010 but it was so bad on Ryan Air I haven’t been back. I flew EasyJet from Split in September. My seat cushion was missing but fortunately 2A was free. The staff uniforms looked so cheap and it was not a patch on the Thomas Cook flight I took on the outbound trip.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 12:26 am
amt

Programs: BA GGL & CCR
Following the timelines of other budget carriers, the window blinds will be the next to go or perhaps the seat back pockets...

Blaming lack of comfort on other passengers for reclining is just directing misguided anger that should be going towards the airline for squeezing seats so close together they can’t be reclined without impacting the person behind.
RoyalSwazi, wrp96 and headingwest like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.