G-NEOZ
Print Wikipost

NEOs and a couple of SH changes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2018, 5:37 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by MFCC
Club loads will be capped on long flights due to limited available galley space.
This to me is the most interesting bit... I imagine BA makes more profit from CE than the M&S food... yet rather than limiting the BOB sandwiches they often don't load anyway in order to maintain the ability to sell more CE they've chosen to cut back on CE in order not to annoy quite so many ET pax.
Expect CE fares to go up (and good sales to be cut back) quite a bit on routes where the new galleys are used to try to compensate - wonder how the market will bear this?

Are the first NEOs still planned for T3 routes only?
Old Jan 1, 2018, 5:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
And i don't get why there is no map, is it such a financial issue to have them?
There'll be a licensing cost for the software, but I imagine the real incentive is the lower fuel bill - the screens and video equipment needed to operate them weigh a fair bit and carting them around Europe every day will have a cost implication.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 5:47 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by MFCC
  • Pinnacle seats (current) for the first 12 rows on 320C&N, and the first 14 rows on 321C&Ns. These will have both USB and a conventional plug socket
  • New Recaro seats aft of Club which will just have USB power. These seats will not recline.
Many thanks MFCC for sharing this info. Do you know if the seating pitch will change in the section of cabin where the current Pinnacle seats will be fitted?
Old Jan 1, 2018, 6:22 am

Programs: EasyJet Flight Club
With sharkletted 320’s to Gatwick (seeing as they are newer) - smaller subfleet, or would make a difference on longer routes like the Canaries?
Old Jan 1, 2018, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Prospero
Many thanks MFCC for sharing this info. Do you know if the seating pitch will change in the section of cabin where the current Pinnacle seats will be fitted?
I believe seat pitch in Club is staying the same. I think we’re getting 180 on our 320s, instead of 186 at airlines such as EZY and this is the reason for it.
Prospero likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

I see the inability to recline seats in short haul a positive! I hate it when the passenger in front reclines. Whilst the seat pitch is reduced, didn’t our resident experts tell us there would no loss of legroom because of the design of the seat?
I agree with this and I rarely recline on short flights. In fact, I find the whole thing of reclining in Economy a bit off: there just isn’t the space.

Oddly, despite all the cutbacks and negative developments, the 4 sectors I did on BA (2 of which were on CJ) during 2018 were rated among my best flights of the year. AUH-LHR in CW, LHR-TXL in CE, GVA-LCY-GVA in ET, all really good flight experiences. Just got lucky with excellent crews, I suppose.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
By way of comparison, the Lufthansa A320NEO seat map can be found here:
https://www.lufthansa.com/mediapool/pdf/08/media_1555228708.pdf

Last edited by TedToToe; Jan 1, 2018 at 7:44 am
Old Jan 1, 2018, 7:47 am

For those upset with the loss of the moving map, I agree that I'll miss this but have found that Google maps and GPS Status apps running in parallel on my phone give me the same info.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by madfish

Don’t let that get in the way of some BA bashing. Points such as no recline I take to be a good thing.
i’m (genuinely) glad many on this forum seem happy with the changes to a non-reclining 29in legroom seat, but I find it a bit strange to dismiss those who are not as ‘BA bashers’. I’m one of those who are not happy at all about the change. ‘Short haul’ can mean 4 hour long flights to Turkey, Cyprus, or Madeira and many of us connect from long haul flights. I was very glad when AF made a u turn on their non reclining domestic seats and it’s one of the reasons I usually do not use U2 on longer routes (I frankly don’t care not reclining on a 50 minutes London-Manchester, my back certainly does on a London-Istanbul).

so personally I do think that this is a significant deterioration as is the loss of a toilet on some aircrafts. The only thing I’m personally very happy to hear is that duty free is being discontinued but I’m sure many others do not share my enthusiasm.

Regarding changes to CE I too very much hope it will mean an improvement to medium catering but will wait and see...
Old Jan 1, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic

i’m (genuinely) glad many on this forum seem happy with the changes to a non-reclining 29in legroom seat, but I find it a bit strange to dismiss those who are not as ‘BA bashers’. I’m one of those who are not happy at all about the change. ‘Short haul’ can mean 4 hour long flights to Turkey, Cyprus, or Madeira and many of us connect from long haul flights. I was very glad when AF made a u turn on their non reclining domestic seats and it’s one of the reasons I usually do not use U2 on longer routes (I frankly don’t care not reclining on a 50 minutes London-Manchester, my back certainly does on a London-Istanbul).

so personally I do think that this is a significant deterioration as is the loss of a toilet on some aircrafts. The only thing I’m personally very happy to hear is that duty free is being discontinued but I’m sure many others do not share my enthusiasm.

Regarding changes to CE I too very much hope it will mean an improvement to medium catering but will wait and see...
not only on 4 hours routes. I am regular CDG-TUN travelers and take the 07:15 flight usually wich takes generally 02:20. The seat recline is what makes the flight great. As soon as the seat belt sign is off, everyone reclines his seat and sleeps until almost the end of the flight. Obviously, no one complains as the seat pitch is okay.

Another great set of enhancements made by Budget Airways. Ryanair seems more and more appealing now.
ahmetdouas likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by PJSMITH0
What amazes me is the aircraft and product have not even entered service and the whinging and complaining is already in full swing. I have flown both Ryan air and EasyJet and I was totally unimpressed by both. Let’s get the aircraft into service and if they are that bad we have a simple choice, complain or take our business elsewhere.
So if you were unimpressed with Ryanair's 30 inch non reclining seating than how impressed would you be with BA's 29 inch non reclining seating?
Old Jan 1, 2018, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by luxurytravelled
With sharkletted 320’s to Gatwick (seeing as they are newer) - smaller subfleet, or would make a difference on longer routes like the Canaries?
what i can tell you is my lgw-Fnc in the autumn is now showing an a320 with emergency exits rows 12 and 13 instead of 11 and 12 as the standard 320s.
luxurytravelled likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 9:17 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
So if you were unimpressed with Ryanair's 30 inch non reclining seating than how impressed would you be with BA's 29 inch non reclining seating?
Due to the now very different thicknesses of the two seats, you can't sensibly use pitch in this context. There isn't more legroom on Ryanair. You can, just about, use pitch on easyJet to BA comparison since there isn't a huge difference, but if it's like the Lufthansa Neos the seats will be thinner still in the new arrangement, at which point the pitch on the LGW ex BMIs will not be comparable with the pitch on the Neo. Pitch stopped being meaningful in this context about 10 years ago.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 9:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by LordBuckethead
There'll be a licensing cost for the software, but I imagine the real incentive is the lower fuel bill - the screens and video equipment needed to operate them weigh a fair bit and carting them around Europe every day will have a cost implication.
That sounds wonderful! So BA will add 12 seats - 18 seats (ha, how much weight each?) and 12-18 adults passengers (average 75KGs per person), not to count 12-18 extra lifejacket and extra emergency equipment...Math is wonderful.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 10:00 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by chongcao
That sounds wonderful! So BA will add 12 seats - 18 seats (ha, how much weight each?) and 12-18 adults passengers (average 75KGs per person), not to count 12-18 extra lifejacket and extra emergency equipment...Math is wonderful.
I don't follow.
More seats = more passengers = more revenue = justifies the additional weight carried.
TV screens + moving map + video equipment = no extra revenue = does not justify the extra weight carried.

Simple mathS indeed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.