Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2020, 9:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Thanks will check them out.

Yes thought this could be a prime destination for Reward flights - being flexible on dates hopefully should help.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 3:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by TPRun
Hi all

is there a forum thread to find potential travel buddies? Specifically to use one of these 241s!

can be as simple as someone looking to fly to a destination at the same time and back (not necessarily spend time together at said destination..)

Thanks in advance for any info!
**deleted**

Last edited by TPRun; Jan 30, 2020 at 3:04 am Reason: A quick look in the Ts & Cs answered my own Q!
Old Jan 31, 2020, 5:45 am

Probably a stupid question hence why not in the wiki - do i get any Avios or Tier points when using the voucher? Guessing not.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by wdcosta117
Probably a stupid question hence why not in the wiki - do i get any Avios or Tier points when using the voucher? Guessing not.
No.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 6:10 am

Thanks to this thread and all the tips & the reward flight finder site we've got First out (789 from LHR) and CW back (788) to the Far East within T-90 (being fairly flexible both on location and times certainly helps)

BA were very happy to assist with an Open Jaw booking. I found the availability to be surprisingly good!!
Old Jan 31, 2020, 6:13 am

Thank you.

Going to call them tonight for Maldives outbound 20th January 2021 (believe thats T-355 at midnight uk time) for 2 seats in CW.

Do people normally call 5mins beforehand? Is japan or US offices better? Guessing with the US they will be getting ready to close?
Old Jan 31, 2020, 8:19 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold
Thank you.

Going to call them tonight for Maldives outbound 20th January 2021 (believe thats T-355 at midnight uk time) for 2 seats in CW.

Do people normally call 5mins beforehand? Is japan or US offices better? Guessing with the US they will be getting ready to close?
Standard practice is to book the outbound online. You only need to call to add the return to the existing booking.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 9:17 am

Oh didn’t know that or must have mis read. I thought you called for both legs, makes sense however to book online for the first part.

Does anyone know roughly how much taxes will be on this route. Can’t do a dummy booking as believe it or not all redemption flights to the Maldives have been purchased already.

I can check Avios by using other websites.

I did a dummy booking for Turks and Calcio’s and came up 137,500 Avios plus £500 pp in taxes return in CW. Would Maldives be roughly the same? Sorry again for all the basic questions.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 9:19 am

Oh didn’t know that or must have mis read. I thought you called for both legs, makes sense however to book online for the first part.

Does anyone know roughly how much taxes will be on this route. Can’t do a dummy booking as believe it or not all redemption flights to the Maldives have been purchased already.

I did a dummy booking for Turks and Calcio’s and came up 137,500 Avios plus £500 pp in taxes return in CW. Would Maldives be roughly the same? Sorry again for all the basic questions.
If you punch in the route to Matrix - ITA Software by Google that should give you a breakdown of TFC.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 9:21 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Can’t do a dummy booking as believe it or not all redemption flights to the Maldives have been purchased already.

Do a dummy cash booking, the TFC should be the same. Just be careful not to complete it

Or you can use e.g. ITA matrix (ah, beaten to that suggestion)

​​​​​
Old Jan 31, 2020, 9:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
You can also do a quick check on Reward Flight Finder:Peak (75,000 Avios each way)
Off-peak (62,500 Avios each way)

Taxes: £573.78 per person return
Old Jan 31, 2020, 9:25 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
You can do either. The risk with online is the seats are not confirmed until you have gone through all the stages and paid, if you call they can hold the seats and potentially beat someone online - saying that I have always done online and always got what I wanted.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 7:40 am

Any successful story on booking 2 first reward seats LHR-SCL in Jan or Feb in the past? I managed to bag two CW seats by calling BA at mid-night, but was told there's uncertainty when first seat will be available at all.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 7:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Yongie
Any successful story on booking 2 first reward seats LHR-SCL in Jan or Feb in the past? I managed to bag two CW seats by calling BA at mid-night, but was told there's uncertainty when first seat will be available at all.
As you know it is peak time for SCL. It is completely pot luck since last year when I was looking to book, there was only 2 days in the whole month that there was availability.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Dselvan
As you know it is peak time for SCL. It is completely pot luck since last year when I was looking to book, there was only 2 days in the whole month that there was availability.
2 days, great! At least some hope :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.