Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2020, 8:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
The GUF restriction has always been that you just need to book using the voucher by the expiry date, and all flights can be beyond the expiry date.

Are you thinking of the 2-4-1 restriction? That is the one where you need to book for all the outbound flights to take place prior to expiry.
Yes sorry, it’s the companion voucher. Brain fart.

thanks
Old Jan 1, 2020, 1:30 pm

Programs: BAEC: Gold Guest List
2 vouchers in a year?

I’ve met the £10k spend threshold on my BAPP card already after I applied for my BAPP 9 weeks ago due to house renovation work.

Should I cancel this card and reapply for another BAPP straight away then I know will obviously get my pro-rata annual fee back - I know I would get no avios bonus, but would the then newly issued card / account accrue further fresh spend towards another second 241 voucher in the same year to the same BAEC account (as it is a different Amex card account to the one I’ve already accrued the 241 voucher on)?

or, would I be better swapping to the free BA Amex until the spend requirement resets? (I will probably achieve another £10k of spend the next 4/5 months too)
Old Jan 2, 2020, 9:15 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by Swadbus
I’ve met the £10k spend threshold on my BAPP card already after I applied for my BAPP 9 weeks ago due to house renovation work.

Should I cancel this card and reapply for another BAPP straight away then I know will obviously get my pro-rata annual fee back - I know I would get no avios bonus, but would the then newly issued card / account accrue further fresh spend towards another second 241 voucher in the same year to the same BAEC account (as it is a different Amex card account to the one I’ve already accrued the 241 voucher on)?

or, would I be better swapping to the free BA Amex until the spend requirement resets? (I will probably achieve another £10k of spend the next 4/5 months too)
If you cancel there is no guarantee you would get approved for the card again.

If you are going to spend another £10k then it is whether you value the 5000 extra Avios you would earn more than £65 (assuming a 4 month spend).

I'd personally stick with the BAPP - if you hit the spend quickly then you would have enough flexibility to use both the vouchers at the same time.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 10:04 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Just used my first voucher for 2 tickets to SCL in June in F. Pretty nice to save 238K Avios and a great start to another visit to Easter Island as well as first trip to Atacama and the Galapagos. This seems to be one route with quite a lot of availability in all classes.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 10:21 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Originally Posted by moral_low_ground
Just used my first voucher for 2 tickets to SCL in June in F. Pretty nice to save 238K Avios and a great start to another visit to Easter Island as well as first trip to Atacama and the Galapagos. This seems to be one route with quite a lot of availability in all classes.
Quick aside , if I may - i have been wanting to go to Easter Island for a long time now - and via Galapagos would hit 2 bucket list items in one trip! I'm fairly regularly in San Jose for business, so can i ask what route you've got planned and were there any good deals on the tickets? I might surprise my younger daughter and book us some flights this year.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 10:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wanderingjock
Quick aside , if I may - i have been wanting to go to Easter Island for a long time now - and via Galapagos would hit 2 bucket list items in one trip! I'm fairly regularly in San Jose for business, so can i ask what route you've got planned and were there any good deals on the tickets? I might surprise my younger daughter and book us some flights this year.
Sorry to interject. Best way to Easter Island (Rapa Nui to give it the proper name) is on the daily (sometimes twice daily) LATAM flight from SCL If you book it early on the LATAM chilean website (if your spanish is good, you will have no issue or use google translate), often the business class price is cheaper than economy but this trick only works on the LATAM Chilean website. The business class service is nothing to shout about since no domestic lounge access and the food is just ok but if you get the 787, flat bed is comfortable for the 4.5 hours. Alas, no avios on LATAM anymore.
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 10:36 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
I am just in the process of planning things and will happily share itinerary etc. Currently looking at going Easter Island first, then fly to Galapagos for 7 days (approx), 2 days in Buenos Aires then Atacama and back to SCL for trip home. First time I went to Easter Island I stayed at the Explorer hotel which was probably the best place to stay on the Island and I had a really fantastic time.
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 1:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Potential travel buddies?

Hi all

is there a forum thread to find potential travel buddies? Specifically to use one of these 241s!

can be as simple as someone looking to fly to a destination at the same time and back (not necessarily spend time together at said destination..)

Thanks in advance for any info!
Old Jan 4, 2020, 3:31 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver
My partner and I have decided to use our 241 voucher to visit Brazil in July business class to Rio de Janeiro, Latam flight from Rio to São Paulo and fly First from São Paulo back to London. Quite looking forward to it as we’ve been talking about visiting Brazil for years!
RockyRobin likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 6:15 am

Just used my second 2-4-1 voucher for a trip to the FE in July

Out to Singapore in F
Back from KL in J

Would have ideally come back in F as well but given the trip is in July probably wishful thinking to expect availability at this point
Old Jan 9, 2020, 3:32 pm

Hi guys, in 2-4-1 T&C it says I need to use Amex card to pay taxes, but does it have to be on my name (voucher issued on my name), or can we pay from my companions Amex card?
Old Jan 9, 2020, 4:03 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by oruvin
Hi guys, in 2-4-1 T&C it says I need to use Amex card to pay taxes, but does it have to be on my name (voucher issued on my name), or can we pay from my companions Amex card?
Per the wiki: (emphasis mine)

Q: How do I pay the taxes, surcharges and fees?
A: An American Express card must be used to settle the taxes, surcharges and fees for both passengers. The Terms and Conditions state you must use the same American Express card that the voucher was earned on to settle this payment, but in practice any American Express card can be used. You may not use a Visa, MasterCard or other payment form to settle these fees.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by AndyUK_101
Just used my second 2-4-1 voucher for a trip to the FE in July

Out to Singapore in F
Back from KL in J

Would have ideally come back in F as well but given the trip is in July probably wishful thinking to expect availability at this point
Bit of a shuffle

Spotted some new availability from BKK and tried to swap my return from KL to BKK but wasn't able to as it is in a different zone

So cancelled the booking, rebooked out to KL in F and back from BKK in J and paid the £70
Happily enough the Singapore seats reappeared so then changed the outbound to SIN on the new booking and as it was with 24 hours, no fees

Bit of a faff and some time on the phone but have ended up with my ideal flights, timings and locations with the added benefit of flying in F rather than J for the outbound

Pretty happy with things
Old Jan 10, 2020, 9:40 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
.........Are you thinking of the 2-4-1 restriction? That is the one where you need to book for all the outbound flights to take place prior to expiry.
Karfa is so on the ball that I hesitate to correct him/her, but isn't the 2-4-1 restriction that the outward bound leg(s) has to be FLOWN, not only BOOKED before the expiration?
Old Jan 10, 2020, 9:47 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by Full Score
Karfa is so on the ball that I hesitate to correct him/her, but isn't the 2-4-1 restriction that the outward bound leg(s) has to be FLOWN, not only BOOKED before the expiration?
Yes, that's correct but it's actually what KARFA said!

You'll note he explicitly said the flights had to "take place", i.e. be flown.

The GUF on the other hand simply has to be booked before expiry, not flown.
KARFA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.