Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2020, 12:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Amex BA Premium Plus
Are the avios and Amex voucher refunded automatically or someone has to manually process it?
I had a booking LHR-EZE for April, which I cancelled yesterday since all flights to Argentina are suspended from next Monday. However, I was hoping to be able to rebook for September ( I couldn't simply change the dates because the original booking was made 10 months ago, therefore beyond the 1 year validity). There's a bit of availability for September (plenty of it only until August), but I haven't received the Avios and voucher back. I have enough Avios to rebook without waiting for the Avios refund, but I need at least the voucher.
Since it's impossible to contact BAEC over the phone, I'm afraid I'm going to lose the current availability for September.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Lovecraft
Are the avios and Amex voucher refunded automatically or someone has to manually process it?
I had a booking LHR-EZE for April, which I cancelled yesterday since all flights to Argentina are suspended from next Monday. However, I was hoping to be able to rebook for September ( I couldn't simply change the dates because the original booking was made 10 months ago, therefore beyond the 1 year validity). There's a bit of availability for September (plenty of it only until August), but I haven't received the Avios and voucher back. I have enough Avios to rebook without waiting for the Avios refund, but I need at least the voucher.
Since it's impossible to contact BAEC over the phone, I'm afraid I'm going to lose the current availability for September.
From memory it does take a couple of days for the avios and voucher to be returned to you. Given what is happening on the phone lines, i think your best bet would be to sit tight and hopefully the voucher will come through tomorrow and you can book. Best of luck
Lovecraft likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 12:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Amex BA Premium Plus
Can I book with pure avios now, and later apply the Amex 2x1 when is refunded?
Old Mar 14, 2020, 1:03 pm

Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold
Each time I’ve had to can peel a 241 booking theAvios have been refunded immediately and the voucher returned to my account with a few minutes.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 1:18 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by mst1
Both my wife and I cancelled award flights about 2 months ago, that both had 2-4-1 vouchers in use. When they were refunded we received the the miles and money back, but the vouchers haven't reappeared. Any ideas who I might contact to restore these?
Are you sure that the vouchers haven't expired? You should be able to check on Ba.com: My Executive Club - Manage my Account - View eVouchers (I think - that's from memory).

If not then you are overdue your vouchers back and you could call BA on your usual contact number - obviously when some semblance of normality has been restored, or a least a lull between the crises.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 1:20 pm

Can I book with pure avios now, and later apply the Amex 2x1 when is refunded?
Afraid not. At least the outbound leg needs the voucher applied at the time of booking. (There is a process for letting people book the return leg online using full Avios and then phoning to get the voucher applied.)
Lovecraft likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by bakera
Each time I’ve had to can peel a 241 booking theAvios have been refunded immediately and the voucher returned to my account with a few minutes.
If the cancellation has to go for manual processing, then it usually takes a few days. In the current crisis, who knows?
Old Mar 14, 2020, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BA Amex, Flyingblue Silver
I have 2 tickets to Rio De Janeiro departing on 19th March returning 24th March. Both are in Club World and on the same booking.
One is a reward flight with a companion voucher used for the other one both are in Club World.
If I claim the "book with confidence voucher" how does it work for reward flights in this case?
Do I have different options if the flights end up being cancelled?

All advice appreciated. Just not confident to take the outbound at the moment.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 2:15 pm

I have a return booking to the US for July using a 241. If BA start cancelling flights over the next few months and il affected what are my options? Would they rebook me on any other flights/airlines in the same class or does there need to be award availability?

Thanks
Old Mar 14, 2020, 2:18 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tom31
I have a return booking to the US for July using a 241. If BA start cancelling flights over the next few months and il affected what are my options? Would they rebook me on any other flights/airlines in the same class or does there need to be award availability?

Thanks
you will be able to either cancel and get everything back, or rebook on another ba flight on the route. For the rebooking there doesn’t have to be reward availability, revenue availability in the cabin would be fine.
Highfly76 likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 4:19 pm

Programs: BAEC
Has the FT hive mind started speculating about the chances that vouchers' validity could be extended due to the pandemic? I had a Seoul and Tokyo open jaw, but the outbound got cancelled so I used the opportunity to scrap the whole thing. My voucher expires in July, so there's a decent chance I might be able to find a good redemption, but what if it expired next week? Would that be the kind of thing that BA would make goodwill gestures about or rather stick to the book?
Old Mar 15, 2020, 2:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by fruitcage
Afraid not. At least the outbound leg needs the voucher applied at the time of booking. (There is a process for letting people book the return leg online using full Avios and then phoning to get the voucher applied.)
Is there a time limit for phoning up to get the voucher applied to the return leg?

I expect to book a return leg online tonight but don’t want to be calling the call centre to get the miles refunded at such a busy time when others should clearly get priority. Wanted to check it doesn’t need to be done within 24 hours.

I wonder if I could just use the web form to request the refund?
Old Mar 15, 2020, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by psychopompos
Has the FT hive mind started speculating about the chances that vouchers' validity could be extended due to the pandemic? I had a Seoul and Tokyo open jaw, but the outbound got cancelled so I used the opportunity to scrap the whole thing. My voucher expires in July, so there's a decent chance I might be able to find a good redemption, but what if it expired next week? Would that be the kind of thing that BA would make goodwill gestures about or rather stick to the book?
Some people have been given 6 month voucher extensions on request.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 2:44 am
A13

I have a 2-4-1 redemption to LAS next month which looks like it wont be going ahead.
Looked at changing the dates to end of the year, could see lots of availability but website threw up error saying the new dates were more than 365 days out from original dates (obviously the case as booked at t-355).
Any way around this on the phone or will i need to cancel, wait for the avios and voucher (expires dec 20) to be returned and then rebook?
Old Mar 15, 2020, 3:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, BA Amex, Flyingblue Silver
since all flights to Argentina are suspended from next Monday.
Has this been announced somewhere? Do you mean from Monday 16th? Is it for BA flights? I have flights to Rio in Brazil departing 19th March and wondering if they will be cancelled....?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.