Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2020, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by SAGAMAN
The long standing option of cancelling a flight and seeking a refund of money,voucher and Avios now appears to be taken away by BA
It should still be available, but you may have to phone to get it. When is your booked travel?
Old Mar 16, 2020, 1:32 pm

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Silver, Accor Platinum, BA Blue
I have been keeping an eye on flights opening up for our Honeymoon in September, in First class (we have booked Business already), today 6 opened up in F. Made the call to use existing avios, pay the taxes and use a live companion voucher so I may get them whilst they are available and assuming the world is back to normal by then.

Do you expect BA to refund me the appropriate Avios and voucher once things are calmer?
Old Mar 16, 2020, 1:32 pm

Programs: BA, SQ, VS, Lifetime Diamond Club Appreciator, Mucci
Originally Posted by SAGAMAN
The long standing option of cancelling a flight and seeking a refund of money,voucher and Avios now appears to be taken away by BA

Only offer seems to be an e voucher but I have one already for a flight I now cannot take in April
Seconded. It was there at lunchtime when I checked earlier; now gone.

An outrageous and deliberate attempt to avoid refunding people in cash.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 4:05 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Globaliser
It should still be available, but you may have to phone to get it. When is your booked travel?
Interestingly on a reward booking I have towards the end of this month clicking on the normal link at the bottom of MMB for "Cancellation options for this booking" sends me straight to the "Future Travel Voucher Application" page too. As you say, it should be available still by phone.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 4:09 pm

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
see the method described in the wiki about booking one way online and calling later to apply the voucher across the two bookings. Not advisable if you are doing a UK-US rtn due to increased cost, but it's an option where you don't have to call right now.
thanks
unfortunately we don’t have enough Avios to book without applying the voucher straight away
Old Mar 16, 2020, 4:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FrequentSherm
I have been keeping an eye on flights opening up for our Honeymoon in September, in First class (we have booked Business already), today 6 opened up in F. Made the call to use existing avios, pay the taxes and use a live companion voucher so I may get them whilst they are available and assuming the world is back to normal by then.

Do you expect BA to refund me the appropriate Avios and voucher once things are calmer?
sorry been a long few days probably sounds easier than I've read it 🤣

you have 241 booking in J
you now made new booking in F on same flights with new voucher?

if so then yes you can cancel the first booking and get Avios voucher and taxes back minus the 35£ per pax but can't have stuff swapped over to the booking. I take it you now have 2 new complete bookings including the return?
Old Mar 16, 2020, 4:33 pm

Just cash, so you lose your Avios and voucher?
Old Mar 16, 2020, 4:37 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bargi
Just cash, so you lose your Avios and voucher?
is this in reply to the issue of cancelling rewards online a few posts up? You may have to call to do a normal cancellation rather than going for the voucher - obviously unless your travel is imminent it may be best waiting a few days to call.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
is this in reply to the issue of cancelling rewards online a few posts up? You may have to call to do a normal cancellation rather than going for the voucher - obviously unless your travel is imminent it may be best waiting a few days to call.
Yes it was, not sure why didn't quote properly.
Flight is 25th this month, will string it out as long as I can
Old Mar 18, 2020, 7:05 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Silver, Accor Platinum, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Hawk777
sorry been a long few days probably sounds easier than I've read it 🤣

you have 241 booking in J
you now made new booking in F on same flights with new voucher?

if so then yes you can cancel the first booking and get Avios voucher and taxes back minus the 35£ per pax but can't have stuff swapped over to the booking. I take it you now have 2 new complete bookings including the return?

Hi, Yes its a bit of a mixed approach...

I had originally:
2 x J from LHR to JNB,
2 x J from SEZ to LHR
The return from SEZ was booked online at 1am so i used a shed load of points and called BA to get the bookings linked and get points back.

I now have in addition, 2 x F from LHR to JNB, I had sufficient points to nab the seats when using another 241 voucher so four seats total from LHR to JNB and i only want to keep the 2 in F.

I am hoping that a call to BA when things calm down will see BA return to me the taxes i paid in nabbing the 2 x F, the voucher i used to do so and the points difference. Can anyone see why they would not?

Thanks,

Stuart
Old Mar 19, 2020, 7:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
Getting through to US/Asia at midnight to book return

Hi all

Booked outbound to Male via Avios + 2-4-1 voucher a week ago and now need to book the return leg. We do not have sufficient Avios to book the return leg online (which would be twice as much without applying the 2-4-1 to the return leg) and therefore I need to phone either the US or Asia office. In light of the current environment, is it remotely possible to get through to an operator? Which would be the best office to ring? Can't think of any alternatives to this...

Thanks all for being an incredible resource.

Mark
Old Mar 19, 2020, 8:04 am

I seem to be slightly confused to the current situation with the refund policy BA have in place in particular with the 241 voucher.

I currently have the 241 booked in J for end of May till beginning of June for Atlanta (241 voucher expires in end of May)

If I request for a cancellation, normally I should automatically getting back the taxes + Avios minus the £35 cancellation fee per person right?
If I were to consider the Future Travel Voucher option, what would I be getting back exactly?

Apologies if this has been covered.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 8:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sbp88
I seem to be slightly confused to the current situation with the refund policy BA have in place in particular with the 241 voucher.

I currently have the 241 booked in J for end of May till beginning of June for Atlanta (241 voucher expires in end of May)

If I request for a cancellation, normally I should automatically getting back the taxes + Avios minus the £35 cancellation fee per person right?
If I were to consider the Future Travel Voucher option, what would I be getting back exactly?

Apologies if this has been covered.
yes unfortunately online only offering voucher need to call but at the moment only dealing over the phone for people travelling within 72 hours t
. Someone further up posted a way to get around the voucher and get refund online.

but no panic as long as you do it 24 hours before travel same cancel policy applies
Old Mar 19, 2020, 8:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by markm1980
Hi all

Booked outbound to Male via Avios + 2-4-1 voucher a week ago and now need to book the return leg. We do not have sufficient Avios to book the return leg online (which would be twice as much without applying the 2-4-1 to the return leg) and therefore I need to phone either the US or Asia office. In light of the current environment, is it remotely possible to get through to an operator? Which would be the best office to ring? Can't think of any alternatives to this...

Thanks all for being an incredible resource.

Mark
All numbers go through at moment to next available operator so doesn't matter what number you call. Some evenings have been slightly quieter than the day time but if you don't have pts to do it online only.option is to call
markm1980 likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 11:14 am

Programs: BA SILVER
My 241 to BOS not due unrtil June

I have stupidly pushed the Consent button to receiving a Voucher when I want a cash refund

As I am unable to correct /speak/email anyone as they are dealing with urgent queries has anyone any bright ideas please?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.