Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2020, 5:02 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, AZ, VS, AA, UA
Originally Posted by RockyRobin
Hi - I've just had notification of some reward seats opening up for our flights 31st October and 6th November.

My understanding is that this can only be done by telephone however naturally the lines are taken up for travel within the next 72 hours.

Don't want to lose the availability but I guess its hard cheese at the moment?
You can book online, you don’t need to phone to use a 2-4-1 if it’s less than 355 days out. Just log in to the BAEC account that has the voucher, start your booking and you’ll be prompted to use the voucher.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 8:30 am

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
Originally Posted by OxfordBlue
You can book online, you don’t need to phone to use a 2-4-1 if it’s less than 355 days out. Just log in to the BAEC account that has the voucher, start your booking and you’ll be prompted to use the voucher.
We have already used it, I’d like to change to the class that has become available
Old Mar 21, 2020, 11:39 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by pmcg
Asked that very question a couple of days ago vie email contact to BA as my 2-4-1 expires in May.
I had planned going wherever i could find availability during March/April/May.

Got a waffle reply telling me about spending Avios, going where I want when I want, popular routes, limited seat availability etc. etc.

Then:

Wonder when these times are they can be more flexible.
I'd have preferred the simple answer n the first place.
The voucher extension appears to be given if you have already used it and are in the situation of BA cancelling your flights that you booked using the voucher. In your situation you hadn't booked anything so realistically could have been in the position of not being able to utilise the voucher so it would have just expired. This is one of the reasons why it is best to use it pretty soon after earning it bearing in mind you can book up to 355 days ahead. You can still book flights for May using Avios for example between LHR and MAD or LHR and AGP until the end of May but personally I'd just write it off to experience.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 11:49 am

We have already used it, I’d like to change to the class that has become available
From the Wiki at the start of the thread:
Q: I’ve booked in Club World and seats in First have opened up. Can I rebook in First?
A: Yes. You will need to call BA to do this, and the standard BA change fee of £35 will apply along with the Avios difference between cabins.

So just call BA if you can see availability, pay the extra Avios and the change fee of £35
Old Mar 21, 2020, 11:56 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by AJA_
From the Wiki at the start of the thread:
Q: I’ve booked in Club World and seats in First have opened up. Can I rebook in First?
A: Yes. You will need to call BA to do this, and the standard BA change fee of £35 will apply along with the Avios difference between cabins.

So just call BA if you can see availability, pay the extra Avios and the change fee of £35
I think the problem is that BA don't want calls unless you are travelling in the next 72 hours. Not sure if this is just a request or if they actually refuse to deal with anything further out.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by fruitcage
I think the problem is that BA don't want calls unless you are travelling in the next 72 hours. Not sure if this is just a request or if they actually refuse to deal with anything further out.
I can see the dilemma but since you can't do the change online there is little option. How long should the OP wait for BA to deal with the urgent next 72 hours requests and would they really hang up on you once you're through? If they don't call now someone else could just book the seats and availability would disappear. I leave it to the OP to make their mind up. Perhaps if they do call and get through they can update us on how BA react?
fruitcage likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 12:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AJA_
I can see the dilemma but since you can't do the change online there is little option. How long should the OP wait for BA to deal with the urgent next 72 hours requests and would they really hang up on you once you're through? If they don't call now someone else could just book the seats and availability would disappear. I leave it to the OP to make their mind up. Perhaps if they do call and get through they can update us on how BA react?
something like the we will deal with it's really just people requesting refunds etc that we don't want calling at the moment they are being asked to call back 71 hours before if website isn't sorted
fruitcage and AJA_ like this.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 4:42 am

Hi all, I just called them and got through after 15 mins which was great.

Embarrassingly enough the lady said it was just for travel in the next 72 hours and explained I should ring the EXEC line for anything else. I politely explained that I did that and the number tells us to ring this number then cuts off.

She put me on hold to see if she could get me through to them and then reverted to say she couldn't get anyone. However she said she would take a quick look for me.

Here is where the secondary embarrassment kicks in! She could find no avoid availability in First for that flight.

I received two mails from seat spy saying there was; I explained why I thought there wad, thank her and said I had used up enough of her time already.

Seatspy is only in Beta mode so maybe its a bug.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 4:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus

Embarrassingly enough the lady said it was just for travel in the next 72 hours and explained I should ring the EXEC line for anything else. I politely explained that I did that and the number tells us to ring this number then cuts off.

She put me on hold to see if she could get me through to them and then reverted to say she couldn't get anyone. However she said she would take a quick look for me.

Here is where the secondary embarrassment kicks in! She could find no avoid availability in First for that flight.

I received two mails from seat spy saying there was; I explained why I thought there wad, thank her and said I had used up enough of her time already.

I had a little difficulty with Seat Spy this morning, it was showing no availability for the flights that I wanted so went to BA.com to see if there was any partner availability, lo and behold there was actually availability in the cabin on the flight on the date that I wanted. Booked online straight away.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 4:56 am

Programs: BA Silver

The data feed used by seat spy and rewardflightfinder has been showing incorrect availability for F for some time.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by fruitcage
The data feed used by seat spy and rewardflightfinder has been showing incorrect availability for F for some time.
Oh well this life!

Incidentally I looked at RFF and it is correctly showing zero availability
Old Mar 22, 2020, 5:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
For my flights they were CW flights, not F. I have just checked on Reward Flight Finder and yes, it is showing correctly there.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 11:20 am

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
Well, not important in the scheme of things, but I had it all planned out to get my first 2-4-1 within a couple of weeks of the qualifying year end by paying the balance of a BA Holiday booking this week - Cyprus was looking nice

Now of course, I have to think about refund voucher and/ or cash-back-Javascript-fiddle and if it is sensible to buy something else extravagant to hit the mark. At least I'm not looking at loss of job, for which I'm thankful.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 9:59 am

Raffles is reporting on his website that his unexpired 2-4-1 vouchers have automatically been extended by 6 months. I am hoping this applies to vouchers that have been used but may be returned if flights in the future are cancelled. I have used one for flights to Israel in July. Not yet cancelled as ideally I still want to travel but am increasingly resigned to not going with BA cancelling the flight refunding Avios and fees and taxes.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 10:02 am

Programs: BA
My voucher has just been extended by 6 months. It was refunded and returned to the account on Friday and definitely said March 2021 now says September 2021!!
Even one I have only just earned has been extended
ttama and AJA_ like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.