Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2020, 3:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, Amex BA Premium Plus
It was the Argentine government who suspended all flights into the country from the most affected areas, including the whole of Europe.
Today's is last flight, for at least 30 days.
As far as I know, Brazilian government hasn't taken a similar move, so your flight to Rio should be operating, but as you know, the situation can change rapidly.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 8:05 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by A13
I have a 2-4-1 redemption to LAS next month which looks like it wont be going ahead.
Looked at changing the dates to end of the year, could see lots of availability but website threw up error saying the new dates were more than 365 days out from original dates (obviously the case as booked at t-355).
Any way around this on the phone or will i need to cancel, wait for the avios and voucher (expires dec 20) to be returned and then rebook?
Should be possible on the phone. The challenge will be getting through.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 8:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Lovecraft
Are the avios and Amex voucher refunded automatically or someone has to manually process it?
I had a booking LHR-EZE for April, which I cancelled yesterday since all flights to Argentina are suspended from next Monday. However, I was hoping to be able to rebook for September ( I couldn't simply change the dates because the original booking was made 10 months ago, therefore beyond the 1 year validity). There's a bit of availability for September (plenty of it only until August), but I haven't received the Avios and voucher back. I have enough Avios to rebook without waiting for the Avios refund, but I need at least the voucher.
Since it's impossible to contact BAEC over the phone, I'm afraid I'm going to lose the current availability for September.
Did you manage to get your voucher back and rebook flights?
Old Mar 15, 2020, 9:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, Amex BA Premium Plus
Originally Posted by ens100
Did you manage to get your voucher back and rebook flights?
No, still waiting for at least the voucher to re-appear. On the other hand, it's impossible to call and they don't answer my tweets.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 9:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Lovecraft
No, still waiting for at least the voucher to re-appear. On the other hand, it's impossible to call and they don't answer my tweets.
try calling later in evening on us number after about 10pm was only about 170 calls in queue at that time last night compared to a few thousand at moment
Lovecraft and ens100 like this.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA
Has anyone tried getting the eVoucher instead of cancelling their booking? If so what did you get in terms of voucher value?

Supposed to be going to MCO on the 6th used 2-4-1, assuming flight will be cancelled but wondered if I go for the change eVoucher option before the flight is cancelled I might be able to use that eVoucher to book something else later this year and not need Redemption availability
Old Mar 15, 2020, 3:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Oli Venn
Has anyone tried getting the eVoucher instead of cancelling their booking? If so what did you get in terms of voucher value?

Supposed to be going to MCO on the 6th used 2-4-1, assuming flight will be cancelled but wondered if I go for the change eVoucher option before the flight is cancelled I might be able to use that eVoucher to book something else later this year and not need Redemption availability
you get nothing just the voucher back or kept on hold for next booking
Old Mar 15, 2020, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by Hawk777
you get nothing just the voucher back or kept on hold for next booking
Does the next booking have to be another Redemption flight? Thinking about going October but showing no seats available
Old Mar 15, 2020, 3:35 pm
Suspended

Does the next booking have to be another Redemption flight? Thinking about going October but showing no seats available
yes if you are using the AMEX 241 has to be redemption seats
Oli Venn likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Hawk777
yes if you are using the AMEX 241 has to be redemption seats
Thanks Hawk, so as far as I can tell there is no advantage between requesting a voucher or waiting for the flight to get cancelled and just receive refund of Avios, cash paid and the 241 voucher.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 3:54 pm
Suspended

Thanks Hawk, so as far as I can tell there is no advantage between requesting a voucher or waiting for the flight to get cancelled and just receive refund of Avios, cash paid and the 241 voucher.
no. Personally with Avios booking my personal advice would be to wait as if BA cancel flight you then get better options in terms you can rebook and don't need Avios availability or take the refund.
jerry a. laska and Oli Venn like this.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 1:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
I've gone back and checked - the vouchers are still valid through the summer. No idea why they didn't get redeposited - but it's a bit of a pain as I don't know what the least painful way to get someone to take a look at it is given we were trying to book flights for later in the year. Is there an email address that might be usable here as I don't need a response immediately - but would be nice to get one with a week or so.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 10:42 am

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Hello (I know this is urgent in the scheme of things happening around the world at the moment)

I have the outbound of a 2-4-1 booked early 20121 and have been waiiting for the rerutn leg to be released -355 days. Seats have now become available and now I need to add them to my outboound. How can I do this without calling, any suggestions please?
Old Mar 16, 2020, 10:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gallagher
Hello (I know this is urgent in the scheme of things happening around the world at the moment)

I have the outbound of a 2-4-1 booked early 20121 and have been waiiting for the rerutn leg to be released -355 days. Seats have now become available and now I need to add them to my outboound. How can I do this without calling, any suggestions please?
see the method described in the wiki about booking one way online and calling later to apply the voucher across the two bookings. Not advisable if you are doing a UK-US rtn due to increased cost, but it's an option where you don't have to call right now.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 12:26 pm

Programs: BA SILVER
The long standing option of cancelling a flight and seeking a refund of money,voucher and Avios now appears to be taken away by BA

Only offer seems to be an e voucher but I have one already for a flight I now cannot take in April

Looks like I cannot get my £1350 back

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.