Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2018, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by crn_1982
Hi all,

Im looking for some advice on doing an open jaw on the voucher. Im looking at flying into SIN and back from SYD.

I have read something about being able to book the outbound flight to SIN and applying the voucher to that, and then when it hits midnight for the flight back from SYD, booking it online, and then calling up the next day to get BA to apply the 2-4-1.

Any advice on if this would work would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
I believe that all of your questions are answered in the wiki at the top of this thread. You have several options to secure the return flight, so read the wiki carefully. Then, let us know if you still have questions. Good luck.

(The last few pages on this thread will reveal that not everyone agrees as to the best method to apply a 2-4-1 voucher to your return segment.)
Old Feb 21, 2018, 3:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by crn_1982
Hi all,

Im looking for some advice on doing an open jaw on the voucher. Im looking at flying into SIN and back from SYD.

I have read something about being able to book the outbound flight to SIN and applying the voucher to that, and then when it hits midnight for the flight back from SYD, booking it online, and then calling up the next day to get BA to apply the 2-4-1.

Any advice on if this would work would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Please read the last couple of pages since I asked the same question and got numerous replies from people who have got more experience than me with the subject matter.
There are two ways to do it- You book your outbound online when the tickets become available. If your return is not within the 355 days, you can ring US or Japan line before midnight when they are released and get the tickets secured over the phone. This involves an international call if you are in UK. Alternatively, you book the tickets for full Avios (which is a lot from SYD for 2 people) and then ring the UK line next day for them to apply the 2-4-1 and refund the Avios back to you for one person. I haven't got experience with either but I am booking this in the next few weeks. My Plan A is to ring the US line and if any issues, will do planB which is to book with full Avios online and get half my avios refunded next day. I have had BA customer services confirm that the second way is fine. Your preference really but do read the above comments first.
KARFA and crn_1982 like this.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 3:39 am

Programs: BA Silver; Accor Silver; IHG Gold; Hilton Silver
Ok thanks guys. Since there was a number of different opinions I thought I would ask just to get clarity.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
I had a question regarding the voucher.. If i hit the threshold of the 10k due to a purchase i made of around 5k and then get the voucher but a couple weeks later had to refund the item purchased what happens to the voucher? I don't want to end up in some sort of trouble due to a refund that I made after triggering the voucher
Old Mar 5, 2018, 12:56 am

An update.
Booked our MAN-SCL online when it became available at T-355 applying the 2-4-1 voucher. Then when the return became available few weeks later, rang the US line at 2340, got through in 5 mins and the agent was excellent. She said that since there was still 15 mins left, she will book the tickets and ring back to confirm. Sure enough at 0015, she rang me to confirm that the SCL-LHR sector was booked but couldn't book the LHR-MAN since that won't become available till 24 hours after. She confirmed she will book it and ring me in 24 hours. Unfortunately she didn't ring me but booked the flights. I rang the UK Gold line the day after and after being on hold for 48 mins!!!!!, paid the rest of the return taxes and all confirmed.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 1:25 am

Just to check, used my BA Companion Voucher to book the first leg of a trip but while holding for the USA call centre the flights appeared online so booked straight away rather than risk waiting for an operator.
Obviously need to book the return leg shortly so I take it will be ok to phone a foreign call centre to carry this out and add this to the voucher ?

TIA
Old Mar 5, 2018, 1:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by argonath
Just to check, used my BA Companion Voucher to book the first leg of a trip but while holding for the USA call centre the flights appeared online so booked straight away rather than risk waiting for an operator.
Obviously need to book the return leg shortly so I take it will be ok to phone a foreign call centre to carry this out and add this to the voucher ?

TIA
Yes, but call earlier this time.
argonath likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by argonath

TIA
Yes. See my post above. Hope that helps.
argonath likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 6:57 am

Managed to book 2 CW seats outbound last night but they aren't really for the date I want. If availability opens up before I have booked the inbound can I make the change online if I am just changing the date but remaining in the same class please?
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: BA GFL, OW Gold, CX/MP Diamond, SPG Plat
BA 2-4-1

Hello,
I was wondering if you could help me with a couple of questions.

I have this 2-4-1 voucher which I aim to use for a trip LHR-HKG between 15/04 and 02/05 2019.
I will be making my booking on the 5th of April (355 days before) to make sure I have my seats in F, but I can't chose the return since it won't be available yet. What are the options?

Additionally, is there any cost associated if I book over the phone rather than online?

Last, I actually need a trip LHR-HKG-TPE , BA/CX, but I understand I can only use my companion voucher from LHR-HKG, does it mean I need to book HKG-TPE separately?

Thanks!
Yann
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Flyerbunny
Managed to book 2 CW seats outbound last night but they aren't really for the date I want. If availability opens up before I have booked the inbound can I make the change online if I am just changing the date but remaining in the same class please?
you should be able to change dates online, and if not by phone. there would be a change fee of £35 per person to pay though either way.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by IAANN
Hello,

I will be making my booking on the 5th of April (355 days before) to make sure I have my seats in F.....

Yann
Only 4 Y and 2 J seats are guaranteed to be released 355 days ahead. F seats could be released any time after T-355 or never.

And yes your TPE flights would need to be separate.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
you should be able to change dates online, and if not by phone. there would be a change fee of £35 per person to pay though either way.
Thank you.
I am aware of the £35 per person change fee but thought there might be an extra charge on top to make the change by phone.
Good that this is not the case.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: BA GFL, OW Gold, CX/MP Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by fruitcage
Only 4 Y and 2 J seats are guaranteed to be released 355 days ahead. F seats could be released any time after T-355 or never.

And yes your TPE flights would need to be separate.
Sorry I didn't get that. If I look at, for example, the BA27 LHR-HKG on the 21st of Feb 2018 it shows as available. Can I not book it?
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:16 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Flyerbunny

Thank you.
I am aware of the £35 per person change fee but thought there might be an extra charge on top to make the change by phone.
Good that this is not the case.
there is an offline fee but it should let you do this change online. if you can't because it isn't working online, you should request the offline fee is waived due to a broken function on ba,com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.