Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jayheartdoc
Hi,

I need to add a return leg on a 241 booking but in order to get the date I want, I’ll have to call BA at 1am on a Sunday. Hong Kong/Japan/Singapore will
be closed. Does anybody know the next best?
US?
Old Apr 28, 2018, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by ringingup

US?
I’ve heard rumours the US office sometimes won’t help out with this
Old Apr 28, 2018, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by jayheartdoc

I’ve heard rumours the US office sometimes won’t help out with this
Never had any problems. It’ll be rerouted to India by the way.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by ringingup

Never had any problems. It’ll be rerouted to India by the way.
Thanks. Will give it a try!
Old May 1, 2018, 1:36 am

Thank you for such an informative post

One question I cannot find the answer to is if you already have a companion voucher earnt through a blue card and then you upgrade to a Premium Plus card, does it then become valid for 2 years?

Many thanks

Last edited by Freddie328; May 1, 2018 at 1:37 am Reason: Spelling!
Old May 1, 2018, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by Freddie328
Thank you for such an informative post

One question I cannot find the answer to is if you already have a companion voucher earnt through a blue card and then you upgrade to a Premium Plus card, does it then become valid for 2 years?

Many thanks
Once issued, the voucher will keep its original terms and conditions.
Old May 8, 2018, 4:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
I am booked to travel in J on a 2-4-1 LHR-SIN-SYD, then PEK-LHR in F next week. JUst notice that there are 4 seats in F on the SIN-SYD leg. Gold line says I can't upgrade it. Is that right?
Old May 8, 2018, 4:45 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by tedcruz
I am booked to travel in J on a 2-4-1 LHR-SIN-SYD, then PEK-LHR in F next week. JUst notice that there are 4 seats in F on the SIN-SYD leg. Gold line says I can't upgrade it. Is that right?
Does the outbound appear on your booking as one flight or two (LHR-SYD or LHR-SIN, SIN-SYD).

If it's the latter you should be able to, though semantically it's a change rather than an upgrade. But if it's LHR-SYD you won't be able to by the rules, and even with a bit of agent latitude you'd need there to be J availability LHR-SIN.
Old May 8, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
No it's not correct - you should be able to split the legs, pay the additional Avios and move to F for the second leg.
Old May 8, 2018, 4:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Originally Posted by pauldb
Does the outbound appear on your booking as one flight or two (LHR-SYD or LHR-SIN, SIN-SYD).

If it's the latter you should be able to, though semantically it's a change rather than an upgrade. But if it's LHR-SYD you won't be able to by the rules, and even with a bit of agent latitude you'd need there to be J availability LHR-SIN.
Oh, I get it. Yes it is a through booking LHR-SYD. There are of course no seats LHR-SIN, so will have to cope in J...
Old May 8, 2018, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Oh I may have misread - I had a mix of BA15/11 which is probably why I got it
Old May 8, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: BA GGL, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I've read about the open jaw rule where A-X // Y-A is valid as long as the distance between X-Y is shorter than the shorter of A-X or Y-A. So I believe something like LHR-KUL // HKG-LHR would be fine.

However, it's not clear to me if the companion voucher would also work on something like INV-LHR-KUL // HKG-LHR-JFK. Does anyone know if that's valid as well? Thanks in advance.
Old May 8, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by wuileng
I've read about the open jaw rule where A-X // Y-A is valid as long as the distance between X-Y is shorter than the shorter of A-X or Y-A. So I believe something like LHR-KUL // HKG-LHR would be fine.

However, it's not clear to me if the companion voucher would also work on something like INV-LHR-KUL // HKG-LHR-JFK. Does anyone know if that's valid as well? Thanks in advance.
You can open-jaw at the origin as well as the destination, but the 241 booking must start and end in the UK so JFK or even AMS would be disallowed.
Old May 8, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I have just triggered a 2-4-1, but it has not posted to my account yet. This is not my first time, but I can't remember the timings from previous vouchers, so: does the voucher arrive on the BAEC account at the same time as that month's statement's Avios (i.e. after AmEx gets paid by me) or does it arrive as soon as triggered by spend?

I can see availability for the flights I want at the moment and I have enough Avios to pay for both. If I book at full price now, will BA allow me to apply the voucher (and get 50% of the Avios refunded) once it arrives?
Old May 8, 2018, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
It should arrive soon after being triggered by spend. However, IME it takes a day or two for the purchase to post to the credit card account, then it takes a day or two for that to post to the Avios section of the Amex account to trigger the voucher, then it takes a day or two for the voucher to reach BAEC.
bernardh likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.