Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2018, 9:47 am

All pretty much as I suspected - thank you for taking the time to confirm my thoughts! Much obliged.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 6:36 pm

Programs: BAEC
Downgrading BAPP Amex

Hi,

Just triggered another 241 voucher with the BA Premium card. Can I downgrade to the free card and keep it, or even move over to an Amex Gold to pay for the fees and charges when we book the flights on the next few months?

dq
Old Jun 8, 2018, 1:55 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by dqtvsound
Hi,

Just triggered another 241 voucher with the BA Premium card. Can I downgrade to the free card and keep it, or even move over to an Amex Gold to pay for the fees and charges when we book the flights on the next few months?

dq
The Ts and Cs say you have to use the same card but in practice you can pay with any Amex card.
dqtvsound likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 2:09 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Just booked the outbound part of a 2-4-1 and successfully paid the taxes with an Amex Gold.

Now the nail-biting wait to see if we can get the return leg added.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
If I book using two vouchers, can the two of the pax on voucher 1 travel in a different cabin to the two pax on voucher 2?

For example two pax in F and two pax in J in each direction?
Old Jun 10, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by Vgravity
If I book using two vouchers, can the two of the pax on voucher 1 travel in a different cabin to the two pax on voucher 2?

For example two pax in F and two pax in J in each direction?
Are both the vouchers in your name? The voucher holder must travel on each voucher so I fail to see how four different people could travel in this case.

If the vouchers are in a different name ( eg husband and wife ) then it would be possible as long as the voucher holders were two of the four travellers.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 11:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Are both the vouchers in your name? The voucher holder must travel on each voucher so I fail to see how four different people could travel in this case.

If the vouchers are in a different name ( eg husband and wife ) then it would be possible as long as the voucher holders were two of the four travellers.
I’m afraid the above advice is incorrect.

The T&Cs speak for themselves:

12.If the Cardmember has two valid Companion Vouchers on their account they have the option to redeem both of them together for one flight booking allowing the Cardmember to travel with 3 companions and pay the Avios flight price for only 2 people travelling on the booking.

sunshinebob likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by ringingup

I’m afraid the above advice is incorrect.

The T&Cs speak for themselves:

many appoligies...
I never knew that and have remeemed 241 for many years.
Every day is a school day here.
thanks ringinup.

getting coat....
ringingup likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
But nevertheless all four passengers will need to travel in the same class.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Unless what Vgravity means by "two vouchers" is one in their name and one in another passenger's name, in which case one booking could be in F and the other in J. So to that extent sunshinebob's post is correct - but I suspect that in that event the question might not have been asked.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 3:32 pm

I will shortly hit £10k on my card to trigger the 241 voucher within 6/7 months of taking out the premium plus (After cancelling my platinum amex). I’m planning on cancelling the card as soon as the 241 hits my BAEC account so I can give myself a 6 month gap before applying for a new one to get the 25k avios offer again for spending £2k in the first 2 or 3 months.

Will this in any way affect the 241 that will soon hit my account or the next 241 voucher I might attain on the next card next year?
Old Jun 10, 2018, 3:33 pm

Also forgot to add, is the £195 fee refundable on a pro-rata basis similar to how it is for the platinum amex?
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by Nchoudhury
I will shortly hit £10k on my card to trigger the 241 voucher within 6/7 months of taking out the premium plus (After cancelling my platinum amex). I’m planning on cancelling the card as soon as the 241 hits my BAEC account so I can give myself a 6 month gap before applying for a new one to get the 25k avios offer again for spending £2k in the first 2 or 3 months.

Will this in any way affect the 241 that will soon hit my account or the next 241 voucher I might attain on the next card next year?
The answer to your question is in the Wiki of this exact thread which is worth a read...

Q: Does cancelling my BA American Express card mean I will lose the voucher? Does downgrading my BA American Express Premium Plus card to the Classic card mean I will lose my voucher?
A: No. Contrary to what American Express will tell you, you will keep the voucher if you cancel the card entirely, and similarly your voucher will retain its two year validity if you downgrade from the Premium Plus card to the Classic Card. Remember though that you will need to pay the taxes and fees on an American Express card, so it may be worth asking to downgrade the Premium Plus to the Classic card for this purpose if you don’t hold another Amex.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Supplementary card

My wife has a SC on my Amex. I thought that once I had reached the 2-4-1 spend, we could use her card for a second voucher, but I guess I misunderstood a HFP discussion and only one voucher by account, not per card.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by botham
My wife has a SC on my Amex. I thought that once I had reached the 2-4-1 spend, we could use her card for a second voucher, but I guess I misunderstood a HFP discussion and only one voucher by account, not per card.
Yes, only one voucher per year per account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.