Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by pauldb
So could you confirm - do you now continue to hold two separate booking references.

Presumably you paid about £209pp for the return and that hasn't been adjusted? If so you paid the ex-SCL YQ of £187pp instead of the ex-LON £175, but not too important a hit.
Yes, two seperate booking references for Outbound/Inbound. YQ was indeed £209.80 per passenger for the return leg. I'm happy to take the slight hit on that for the convenience of being able to snag the tickets online and them follow up by phone when it suited.

Is there any particular disadvantage/drawbacks to this trip being ticketed as two one way itineraries?
Old Mar 21, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by Bobbie2013
Yes, two seperate booking references for Outbound/Inbound. YQ was indeed £209.80 per passenger for the return leg. I'm happy to take the slight hit on that for the convenience of being able to snag the tickets online and them follow up by phone when it suited.

Is there any particular disadvantage/drawbacks to this trip being ticketed as two one way itineraries?
Thanks. I only asked so we understand how BA are processing this policy, mechanically. I guess the downside is you have 2 bookings to keep an eye on, and potentially 4 cancellation fees (4 x £35) if you pull out, but nothing really significant.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 8:47 am

That's really useful to know as this is the first time ion a long while that I've not booked return tickets!
Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:20 am

Does anyone know how to see details of vouchers that have already been redeemed? The voucher disappears from its usual place on the 'my executive club' page when it's redeemed, but I seem to remember there is a 'secret' URL which will show details of redeemed vouchers.

I want to check the expiry date on a voucher before deciding whether to cancel a 2-4-1 booking.

Many thanks.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by fruitcage
Does anyone know how to see details of vouchers that have already been redeemed? The voucher disappears from its usual place on the 'my executive club' page when it's redeemed, but I seem to remember there is a 'secret' URL which will show details of redeemed vouchers.

I want to check the expiry date on a voucher before deciding whether to cancel a 2-4-1 booking.

Many thanks.
Try https://www.britishairways.com/trave..._gb?eId=188010

Or go into the top page of "Manage my account" and look for "My eVouchers" (which I can see even though I have no unused vouchers).
Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by pauldb
Try https://www.britishairways.com/trave..._gb?eId=188010

Or go into the top page of "Manage my account" and look for "My eVouchers" (which I can see even though I have no unused vouchers).
Many thanks indeed. Not so secret apparently!
Old Mar 22, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by ferndownflyer
Hi - does the above from the Wiki still hold true? I just tried to cancel my BA Premium Plus card and the agent was adamant that it would be useless - I couldn't find anything in the T&C's and I'm keen to avoid another annual fee, just to be able to use the voucher I've accrued.

Thanks
I cancelled mine and I’m about to use the 2-4-1 ... and i’ve done this before without issue. Perhaps one day the IT systems will actually enforce the T&Cs. If you’re feeling highly risk averse just downgrade to the free card, the Amex call centre will reassure you this is fine too.

Old Mar 24, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
A week ago I completed a 2-4-1 booking changing from the one way to grab the return flights in J. The YQ etc. difference for the tickets has been taken on my CC (BA Amex naturally) but the avios for the return hasn't been deducted. The agent said he would do a 'manual adjustment'. Does anyone have any idea / experience how long these adjustments normally take to come through ?
Old Mar 24, 2018, 7:14 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by firstlight
A week ago I completed a 2-4-1 booking changing from the one way to grab the return flights in J. The YQ etc. difference for the tickets has been taken on my CC (BA Amex naturally) but the avios for the return hasn't been deducted. The agent said he would do a 'manual adjustment'. Does anyone have any idea / experience how long these adjustments normally take to come through ?
I did exactly this on the 9th of March and the avios were deducted on the 22nd.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 3:30 am
NPC

Programs: BAEC - Silver, HHonors - Silver
I've been having a look recently at what reward flights are available early next year (Jan-March) in F to use my 2-4-1 voucher. Yesterday almost every single destination disappeared with availability of reward flights (none in North America and Middle East). Is this a glitch in the system or have BA sold out every single F reward flight over the course of 3 months in 24 hours? i thought the app on my phone was broken to start with so have uninstalled and installed it a couple of times but the same issues keep happening. I've checked on the website too, plenty of J availability but none in F.... any help/advice is greatly appreciated!
TONY123 likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 4:54 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by NPC
I've been having a look recently at what reward flights are available early next year (Jan-March) in F to use my 2-4-1 voucher. Yesterday almost every single destination disappeared with availability of reward flights (none in North America and Middle East). Is this a glitch in the system or have BA sold out every single F reward flight over the course of 3 months in 24 hours? i thought the app on my phone was broken to start with so have uninstalled and installed it a couple of times but the same issues keep happening. I've checked on the website too, plenty of J availability but none in F.... any help/advice is greatly appreciated!
which app are you using ?
Old Mar 28, 2018, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by NPC
I've also been looking at SCL for 2019, so far there is NO J/F availability during 2019 apart from Jan 1st, is this correct?
Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:26 am
NPC

Programs: BAEC - Silver, HHonors - Silver
Originally Posted by firstlight
which app are you using ?
BA app on Android. Nothing showing on the BA website either. Even a Reward friendly F route like BOS is showing 0 from Jan all the way to March. There were at least 60+ days available on Monday 🤔
Old Apr 10, 2018, 5:20 am

Programs: BAEC gold
I have a gold upgrade for two and my partner has 2-4-1.
We are looking to book LHR-NYC F.
Can we use our vouchers at the same time?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 6:21 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
First time AMEX holder here, So excuse the Newbie questions,

If I start in INV does that stop me from paying APD x 2 people but does cost me 8000 more avios as a result?

If I wanted to GUF2 the booking to F from J would I make the booking first with Amex voucher then call to apply the GUF2 or is the recommendation to call and do all at once? Can a return leg be added to a Guf2 & Amex booking or does it need to be all done at once?

Finally ( I promise ) If I was to book thes online would it be like doing 2 people on a redemption booking so it quotes twice the avios then I hit the add voucher button and it then deducts the 2nd avios off? as in I need to have enough avios for both to start with first?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.