Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2018, 5:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Plat
Hello helpful chaps and chapesses of FT - I wonder if any of you can help me with this one. My ‘deadline’ for activation my next voucher is tomorrow (Tuesday 23rd). I’ve had a lighter year of CC spending so I’m £1500 short today (Monday 22nd).

I have just just made a couple of bookings worth ~£1.7k, and these are sat in pending transactions. Does anyone know if they already count towards my target or do I have to rely on them being processed before tomorrow for the voucher to be validated?

Any thoughts gratefully received!
Old Jan 22, 2018, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by peck
I have just just made a couple of bookings worth ~£1.7k, and these are sat in pending transactions. Does anyone know if they already count towards my target or do I have to rely on them being processed before tomorrow for the voucher to be validated?
I don't think pending transactions will do, because those represent authorised transactions that have not yet been put through, and they may never get put through (if, for example, the transaction is aborted after authorisation but before completion).
Old Jan 22, 2018, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
I don't think pending transactions will do, because those represent authorised transactions that have not yet been put through, and they may never get put through (if, for example, the transaction is aborted after authorisation but before completion).
In a word... Bugger!

I wonder if AMEX would give a day or two of leeway if they don’t post in time. I’m kicking myself for realising I was short so late in the day!
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Worth a 2p phone call, surely?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by T8191
Worth a 2p phone call, surely?
Oh absolutely Uncle T - just interested to see if anyone had any direct experience here.

I spoke to someone at AMEX earlier. They said if the purchases didn’t post tmw to get back in touch. I presume there may be some leeway from that comment, but we’ll see. My own stupid fault at the end of the day 😬

Thanks for the comments!
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I am planning to book a return soon (CPT-LHR/LGW in CW) calling at midnight.

In the very unlucky case in which someone else gets the seats on all 3 flights before me, I am planning to use JNB-LHR as a fallback option. When on the phone, should I try to get the Comair leg booked at the same time or is there a risk that, by asking for that, I'd delay the process, hence increasing the risk of losing the CW seats?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 5:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I called the US Ruby Line this evening (my other half is only Ruby and the booking is from his account) to book my return. I got through 13 minutes before midnight and I spoke with the sweetest, most amazing representative from the Indian call centre.

Not only was he happy to wait on the line, but we also did some nice small talk while he got himself set up to grab the seats at midnight. And he did! Success!

A few seconds later all seats on all classes on all 3 flights were gone!
T8191 likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 12:38 am

I pity those who are slumming it in Y!
Old Jan 23, 2018, 6:02 am

Help needed please.

I have a companion voucher and currently around 54K Avios

I am looking to book a summer holiday, hopefully, long haul and possibly Carribean or somewhere similar.

Can anyone help with regards to the best way for searching for destinations etc on the website/app, i do have some dates in mind beginning of June etc.

I wasted my last companion voucher by going to Lisbon and want to experience Business class or higher long haul.

Thanking you in advance
Old Jan 23, 2018, 6:14 am

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Leonard80
<br />I have a companion voucher and currently around 54K Avios<br /><br />I am looking to book a summer holiday, hopefully, long haul and possibly Carribean or somewhere similar.<br /><br />Can anyone help with regards to the best way for searching for destinations etc on the website/app, i do have some dates in mind beginning of June etc.<br />
<br /><br />This will find you redemption availability, and I think you can set up an alert too:<br />https://www.baredemptionfinder.com/<br /><br />I think you'll need a few more Avios for 2 pax in J even with the voucher (assuming you're starting from London).<br /><br /><br />
Old Jan 23, 2018, 6:29 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by ringingup
I called the US Ruby Line this evening (my other half is only Ruby and the booking is from his account) to book my return. I got through 13 minutes before midnight and I spoke with the sweetest, most amazing representative from the Indian call centre.

Not only was he happy to wait on the line, but we also did some nice small talk while he got himself set up to grab the seats at midnight. And he did! Success!

A few seconds later all seats on all classes on all 3 flights were gone!
Well done to you and him! As far as your now-irrelevant Comair question goes, you can add those legs to your 241 even if you want to as they aren't operated by BA mainline. You would have had to connect to JNB on a separate booking.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 6:29 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
No doubt this has been asked and answered before. Is there any way of extending the life of a voucher? I doubt it, but thought I’d ask.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 6:36 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by Leonard80
Help needed please.
There's also an Advantage map (on AA.com) that can be useful if you have a window of just a few days for the outbound and inbound?

As memesweeper said though, you really need 100k avios for longhaul business, or 125k to go a bit further to the Caribbean (offpeak).
Old Jan 23, 2018, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by madfish
Is there any way of extending the life of a voucher?
As a rule, not any more.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by memesweeper
This will find you redemption availability, and I think you can set up an alert too:I think you'll need a few more Avios for 2 pax in J even with the voucher (assuming you're starting from London).
Ideally wanted to start from Manchester but not sure if that's possible

Last edited by Prospero; Jan 27, 2018 at 2:45 am Reason: repair quotation frame

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.