Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Whilst on the phone to BA re something else, I thought I'd ask on the off-chance if there was any F availability on our (J) flight to JNB in two weeks' time. Amazingly there were two reward seats free. Hadn't even bothered to set up a BA Redemption Finder alert as had assumed nothing would come up at this stage for SA over Easter. Just goes to show, you never know what might turn up...
Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Horatio
Whilst on the phone to BA re something else, I thought I'd ask on the off-chance if there was any F availability on our (J) flight to JNB in two weeks' time. Amazingly there were two reward seats free. Hadn't even bothered to set up a BA Redemption Finder alert as had assumed nothing would come up at this stage for SA over Easter. Just goes to show, you never know what might turn up...
I also got two reward flights back from JNB in F with two weeks to go in October!

Was very decent.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by eugegall
I also got two reward flights back from JNB in F with two weeks to go in October!

Was very decent.
Nice. Was that on the 789 as well? We're returning 747 row 62, so didn't bother trying to change that, but very pleased for outbound at such short notice.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 11:07 am

Hi,

I know this has been done to death but can I just confirm 2-4-1 procedure as I have 2 to redeem shortly on popular routes and my usual redemption route/time of year I normally don’t have any issues.

Step 1) book a one way redemption flight using 2-4-1 at T-355

step 2) call BA CS to add return leg to this journey when available (potentially pay £35 and additional Avios?)

is it that simple?

TMM
stephenjc likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: BA
That is exactly what needs to be done and is indeed that simple. Only thing to remember is depending on where you are based you may need to call an overseas office to secure the dates for the outbound if you aren't flexible, I personally call the Japan office as I find it the easiest in terms of wait time. I personally did not have to pay the £35 when adding the return three weeks later.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 11:56 am

Ta muchly,

For some reason feels wrong just booking one way. Rather oddly our usual 2 routes to see family where we use our 2-4-1s both seem to have 1 month where availability is really good and we have always gone that time of year for no reason at all.

thanks for the assistance as always.
TMM
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Now that we have moved to BST. Does availability pop at at 0:00 or 01:00 T-355?
Many thanks
Old Apr 4, 2019, 5:58 am

My Apologies if this has been explained before but i do not fully understand the open jaw usage of the voucher. Are i correct in thinking i could fly from LHR to HKG and then my return be from SIN to LHR and this would be okay? The distance between HKG and SIN is shorter than either of those airports to LHR?

Its the only aspect of the voucher i have struggled with but as i have always returned from the same airport in the past i haven't given it much thought.

Many thanks for the help
Old Apr 4, 2019, 6:44 am

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Originally Posted by ard9719
My Apologies if this has been explained before but i do not fully understand the open jaw usage of the voucher. Are i correct in thinking i could fly from LHR to HKG and then my return be from SIN to LHR and this would be okay? The distance between HKG and SIN is shorter than either of those airports to LHR?

Its the only aspect of the voucher i have struggled with but as i have always returned from the same airport in the past i haven't given it much thought.

Many thanks for the help
Those destinations are fine.
Have a LHR-SIN/HKG-LHR 2for1 redemption myself.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by BlueThroughCrimp

Those destinations are fine.
Have a LHR-SIN/HKG-LHR 2for1 redemption myself.
Okay perfect, Flying CW i would assume? How many avios was it in total?

We are looking to go next year so a while away yet but just trying to figure out exactly what we want to do and equally what we can afford to do...
Old Apr 4, 2019, 7:44 am

Yes, CW both ways, next February/March and off peak, so 162,500 Avios.

There’s actually 3 of us travelling, so for the return HKG-LHR segment I’ve had to put my dad on the later flight, as we’re coming back on a Friday, and looks like it’s only the minimum 2 CW seats per flight being released.
There’s only one Friday where there’s any availability in the next 355 days for a Blue member!
Old Apr 9, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: BAEC G, VS G, Marriot Plat
What time to book return and where to call....

Was asking Gold line about the return leg of a 241 booking the two methods they explained were as explained here if you had enough Avios, book the return and then get a refund or if you don’t have enough (as I don’t) ring but at 6am UK time 355 days out.

When I asked about phoning a different office that was open at midnight agent said that they ask other stations not to take calls outside their area and they may not service my request... I responded saying does that mean they might but got no answer.

So, will US or Japan take a call for a return 241? Interested in recent experiences....
Old Apr 9, 2019, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by spanners
So, will US or Japan take a call for a return 241? Interested in recent experiences....
Called the Japan number two weeks or so ago. No issues, although I'm not sure it was actually Japan I ended up speaking to.
spanners likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by BlueThroughCrimp
Called the Japan number two weeks or so ago. No issues, although I'm not sure it was actually Japan I ended up speaking to.
Probably India, but actually they're a very good call centre to get through to and know what they're doing.
BlueThroughCrimp likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 11:33 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by spanners
Was asking Gold line about the return leg of a 241 booking the two methods they explained were as explained here if you had enough Avios, book the return and then get a refund or if you don’t have enough (as I don’t) ring but at 6am UK time 355 days out.

When I asked about phoning a different office that was open at midnight agent said that they ask other stations not to take calls outside their area and they may not service my request... I responded saying does that mean they might but got no answer.

called the US a month ago to complete a 241, again might have got misrouted, second time I called (to Indian sounding agent) process was completed in about 10 minutes. For some reason a week or so later I had to call the UK with cc details to redo the cc transaction which hadn't worked 1st time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.