Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2019, 1:15 am

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Originally Posted by flashware
Probably India, but actually they're a very good call centre to get through to and know what they're doing.
Yes, very helpful, knew exactly what I was wanting to do.

Wasn’t a straightforward 241 add on either.
They had to split the third person off from the original outbound booking as there wasn’t availability for 3 on the one flight for the return.
Took a bit of time (glad I signed up for the Vodafone international call saver!) but a very easy transaction.

Originally Posted by firstlight
For some reason a week or so later I had to call the UK with cc details to redo the cc transaction which hadn't worked 1st time
Same here.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 9:34 am

First-time poster after some advice after trawling through this thread and not finding the answer.

My wife and I each have a 2-4-1 which we want to use next Easter to take the 4 of us (2 kids also) to Mauritius. What's the best way of doing this so that we don't end up with us only being able to use 1 of the vouchers (i.e. if someone else were to snag the 2 other CW seats whilst we were on the phone)?

Also, are there specific routes where there are always 4 seats made available? The Caribbean always seems to have 4 available but Mauritius for instance seems quite patchy in availability - is there a table which shows this?

Thanks
Old Apr 10, 2019, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
No answer, but what bugs me endlessly is that you can GET there, but you can't get BACK.

Currently looking at 6 destinations for next Feb/Mar, and they're all the same. Who are all these one-way travellers?
Old Apr 13, 2019, 2:14 pm

Programs: Deliveroo Plus
Sure this question has been answered previously but cannot find it.

There is currently 1 seat available for a return trip.

Can I book it and then if additional seats becomes available on my flight call and add them with my companion voucher?

Thanks
Old Apr 13, 2019, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by yb90
Sure this question has been answered previously but cannot find it.

There is currently 1 seat available for a return trip.

Can I book it and then if additional seats becomes available on my flight call and add them with my companion voucher?

Thanks
no.

EDIT.. Unless within 24hours and you can cancel and rebook
yb90 likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 4:01 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
no.

EDIT.. Unless within 24hours and you can cancel and rebook
Maybe and maybe not. There is no certainty that the cancelled seat will be released to book again.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 12:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Gold
Adding a domestic leg to inbound
Apologies if this is answered elsewhere on this excellent wiki but I'm just looking for clarity. I've booked an outbound 241 EDI-LHR-SIN in J and the returns are over 355 days away. Return flights from Singapore run overnight so when the return SIN-LHR leg becomes available to book, the LHR-EDI won't be. Am I right in thinking I can:

a) Book the SIN-LHR leg online and then phone up and ask them to apply the 241 voucher OR phone up Japan or wherever and get them to add the return SIN-LHR leg there and then
b) A day later, phone to add the domestic connection

I know they don't charge the £35 change fee for (a) but do they charge for (b), ignoring the extra taxes etc?
Old Apr 14, 2019, 3:18 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
You can do exactly that. They will recalculate the taxes, it will he sent for reticketing and take a few days/weeks. Keep an eye on ticketing, as the payment fails when the CCV is deleted automatically from the payment system after 5 or 7 days.

Adding a domestic this far out has a distinct advantage - there are very often time changes on these flights which can make adjusting travel plans free and won’t require award space to change to. So even though you’re booking a year out, you have surprising flexibility.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:13 am

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Originally Posted by BrianDromey
Adding a domestic this far out has a distinct advantage - there are very often time changes on these flights which can make adjusting travel plans free and won’t require award space to change to. So even though you’re booking a year out, you have surprising flexibility.
Good to know.
I’ve got 12 hours at Heathrow to kill before the return to Inverness, and was thinking of coming back to Aberdeen 6 hours sooner.
Think I’ll hold off for now in that case.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 1:53 am

Programs: SAS Gold, Hilton Diamond, OWS
Originally Posted by Scandinavian traveler
Sorry if this question have been asked already, tried searching a bit with no luck.

I’m looking at an open jaw redemption with my 2-4-1 voucher, and there is availability for both my outbound and inbound trip. However, I don’t have enough Avios to purchase both yet, and I’m waiting for points to transfer until I can purchase the return (Heathrow Rewards and Iberia Groupon).

The destination on the outbound flight is very popular, so I’d like to just purchase the outbound and add the inbound when the Avios hits my account sometime next week. I understand that this is possible. However, I would like to avoid the £ 35 pp. fee if possible. Is the fee charged when making an open jaw redemption online and then adding inbound flight via phone later? I seem to remember that no booking fee is charged for open jaw redemptions over the phone as it’s not possible online, and this is not possible online either, but there could be up to 5 days difference between booking outbound and adding inbound.

Anybody got an idea if they will waive the change fee in this case?
Just thought I’d come back with the answer to this one. Booked the inbound on the phone yesterday (2 weeks after the outbound booking) and everything went smooth with no mentioning of a change fee and no change fee applied.

The agent offered to add flights to and from Copenhagen and I thought maybe the rules had changed, but she came back 10 minutes later to confirm that the rules still required the flights to originate and end in the U.K.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 4:07 am

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
Im booked into CW on a leg to Sinapore in about 6 months, I booked it just as it went up and was hoping they would release some First seats but it already looks like a few seats have been sold. So I don't think they will release Avios seats.

Has anyone been able to upgrade to F with cash after using a 2 4 1?

Anyone know how much it would be? When I click through it says to ring to ask for a quote.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 5:30 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
As there is no fare as such for your reward booking I am not sure how they would calculate a fare difference change.

I guess you may get an POUG offered in MMB but POUGs rarely seem to be offered for reward bookings in my experience.

An airport cash upgrade (AUP) may be offered on the day at the airport of course but you won’t know until the day. Example prices are in the AUP thread linked to in the dashboard.
pacenotes likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 9:48 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JPMND
Now that we have moved to BST. Does availability pop at at 0:00 or 01:00 T-355?
Many thanks
It's 0100 BST when you should call.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:15 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Just a data point for everyone.

Outbound to Singapore booked a few weeks ago using a 241 voucher. Return from Hong Kong booked last night at 0100 using full Avios for 2 people. I rang this morning and half the Avios used last night were refunded, the flights were linked but on the website remain as two bookings with separate references.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Cardmember checks in but no-shows - what happens?

I've booked a return to Tokyo for me and a friend later this year using Avios and a BA Amex 241, because I booked them the second they became available in each direction they are on two separate PNRs. I am the BA Amex cardholder, it was my Avios that paid for the flights.

I know that the rule is that companions cannot travel without the cardholder. I also know that if I cancel the flights then the reward seats may or may not become available for someone else to book and that may not be immediately if they did get released again.

Owing to an unfortunate turn of personal events there is no way I can realistically now go. I know the rules are that the cardmember must travel, but what would practically happen if I checked in for the flight online but didn't show up at the airport? Would my friend still be able to travel, or would he be offloaded and so the only option is for me to cancel the flights and he make his own (probably quite costly) arrangements. Despite my own rubbish situation which has led to me asking this question, I feel awful about letting my mate down particularly as this was to go see England win their qualifiers at the RWC

I've even considered buying a cheap economy ticket back to the UK so I travel out with him and come straight back home, but that still leaves the problem of the return trip.

Any ideas / pointers gratefully received.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.