Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Club Europe Catering Guide 2017.

This thread outlines the new arrangements for Club Europe catering, introduced on Sunday 26 March 2017 and due to end on Tuesday 11 September 2018, based on 3 zones. A new Club Europe catering product is due to be launch on Wednesday 12 September 2018, and this is based on 4 bands. The main information piece - in terms of timings and the distance zones for the meals can be found in post 1. The following cross references the photos below against the matrix of options. In addition to the photos, some FTers have written extensively on their experiences so there is more to this thread than the pictures. Also note that there was an increase in food offered on some combinations shortly after the start-up, so the more recent photos may be the best place to start.The previous shorthaul catering guide, now locked but which had the previous 4 band system, is to be found here.

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the pre-ordered versions - which are VLML (Lacto-ovo), AVML (Asia) and VGML (Vegan) . There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, LCY+STN. Last update: 833
-------------------------
Note posts before 1-832 are typically the April 2017 menu. 833 and above is from the menu for May 2017.
----
Chef's Chat sheets for:
CE LHR Summer 2017 - Rotation A
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28338151-post954.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28339641-post958.html

Short Band (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)
Breakfast: 279, 570 (vegetarian), 629, 674, 821 (Express breakfast for MAN and LBA), 1343 (Vegan), 2285 (Express for LBA and MAN), 2445

Brunch: 180, 289, 469, 563, 685, 716, 2625 (AVML)

Lunch: 207, 545 (diabetic), 644 (first photo), 680 (VLML), 802, 928, 1322 (Kosher), 2284

Afternoon tea: 339, 404 (vegetarian), 480, 600 (VLML), 710 (including low lactose), 800, 882 (gluten free), 1281, 1322 (Kosher), 1673, 2679 (Kosher), 2792

Dinner: 563, 630 (VGML), 669 (Kosher Passover), 771 (VGML LCY) 799, 819 (AVML), 833 (May 2017 menu), 1283, 1287, 1674, 2446, 2616 (Kosher), 2793

Comments on difference between AVML and VLML here.
-----
Medium Band (e.g. Madrid, Nice, Prague, Copenhagen)
Breakfast: 645 (vegetarian), 724 (vegetarian), 1003

Brunch: 199 (VLML), 600 (VLML), 659 (Kosher Passover)

Lunch: 239 (child), 251, 425, 641, 733

Afternoon tea: 332 (also includes vegetarian), 426 (GFML), 813 (Muslim)

Dinner: 456, 551 (also includes VLML), 666, 1004,
-----
Long Band (e.g. Lisbon, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm).

Breakfast: 195 (vegetarian)

Rest of the day: 306 (LFML), 345, 427, 443, 468, 597, 676, 687, 695, 783 (VLML)
======
NOT MAINTAINED AND OUT OF DATE: The complete Short Haul meal structure for the longer flights as of October 2017 is:

LHR
Meal 1: Chicken / red pepper risotto
Meal 2: Beef cheek
Meal 3: Chicken supreme / gnocchi
Meal 4: Miso glazed cod
Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine

LGW
Meal 1: Thyme roasted chicken
Meal 2: Spicy corn and paneer masala
Meal 3: Thai Penang chicken curry
Meal 4: Roasted red pepper tortellini
Meal 5: Beef and mushroom caserole
Meal 6: Tomato and four cheeses tortellini

Structured into:

Rotation A
LHR outbound
Meal 3
Meal 4
inbound to LHR
Meal 5
Meal 6

Rotation B
LHR outbound
Meal 5
Meal 6
inbound to LHR
Meal 1
Meal 2

Rotation C
LHR outbound
Meal 1
Meal 2
inbound to LHR
Meal 3
Meal 4
===
October 2017 = Rotation C
November 2017 = Rotation A
December 2017 = Rotation B
January 2018 = Rotation C
etc
Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering guide

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2017, 4:31 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by sts603
And people on the BA board really need to stop assuming that what was true in 2010 for U.S. Airlines regarding the rate of paid F is true now. It isn't. Yes, there are some flights where most of F is upgraded but the rate of paid F traffic in the US is much higher than it was just a few years ago.
Really? Is that why I see lists of Initials far longer than the number of total seats every time I travel in the USA?

There are benefits and detriments to each service but give me the choice, I'd take AA domestic F over BA CE any day of the week.
Sorry but I am sticking to the issue of catering since that is the title of the thread - rather than the seating guide. I won't get into discussions about AA F except to say that is has been downgraded big time such that even the fares show J.

CE came to pass when F was done away with in Europe 35 years ago. It simply did not pay. CE was 3x3 abreast and there was only wine no Champagne. There were newspapers offered and they really are the only thing to have gone along with the seat pitch. It was never intended to be a F product and it never will.

Chatty Chef welcome from me too and your imput will be much appreciated here.
Old May 21, 2017, 4:43 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Really? Is that why I see lists of Initials far longer than the number of total seats every time I travel in the USA?

Sorry but I am sticking to the issue of catering since that is the title of the thread - rather than the seating guide. I won't get into discussions about AA F except to say that is has been downgraded big time such that even the fares show J.

CE came to pass when F was done away with in Europe 35 years ago. It simply did not pay. CE was 3x3 abreast and there was only wine no Champagne. There were newspapers offered and they really are the only thing to have gone along with the seat pitch. It was never intended to be a F product and it never will.

Chatty Chef welcome from me too and your imput will be much appreciated here.
That's flawed logic on upgrades vs. paid seating. Yes, many people are eligible for free upgrades (on some peak business flights it may be half the plane). But the list of names is meaningless. If on a normal 16 seat F cabin, 12 seats are paid for, the fact there are 50 people listed for an upgrade doesn't mean that 75% of the actual F cabin that goes out when the door shuts is paid for.

The "F" cabin domestically in the US isn't intended to be F either. It's a short haul J product and indeed AA has recently reclassified the revenue buckets accordingly. It's priced roughly similarly to short-haul J in Europe. So comparing the two is very much a reasonable comparison to make and I stand by the fact that I would take a domestic "F" cabin in the US over any short-haul J product in Europe (except Air Serbia).
Old May 21, 2017, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by sts603
And people on the BA board really need to stop assuming that what was true in 2010 for U.S. Airlines regarding the rate of paid F is true now. It isn't. Yes, there are some flights where most of F is upgraded but the rate of paid F traffic in the US is much higher than it was just a few years ago.
In my case, I'm actually not assuming anything because I got to see the figures for one of the US big 3. I can't give details but suffice to say that on some routes types that I mentioned (transcon/Hawaii), the immense majority of F seats were booked as such, on some shorter major business routes (think New York-Chicago and the like) it was about half, and on many of the regional routes, it was under 20%. Overall on the sample of routes that were discussed, it was well below 50% sold as F and my understanding is that this is also true of the networkwide average.
Old May 21, 2017, 7:52 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
I have an upcoming flight LHR-GVA that departs around 11:30. Is this a short or medium brunch?

I'll eat most anything, but we're travelling with our 2 kids. The wiki shows a kids and a Veg. meal of mozzarella and tomatoes. Any insight on other brunch special meals?
Old May 21, 2017, 8:06 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
GVA is short. See the guide in post 1 of this thread.
Old May 21, 2017, 8:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by KARFA
GVA is short. See the guide in post 1 of this thread.
It is, but looking at the menus kindly posted by Chatty_Chef above, there appears no difference whatever in the catering offered on the short and medium sectors save for breakfast on MAN and LBA shuttle flights.

BA really does need to look at the medium band catering again.
Old May 21, 2017, 8:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
It is, but looking at the menus kindly posted by Chatty_Chef above, there appears no difference whatever in the catering offered on the short and medium sectors save for breakfast on MAN and LBA shuttle flights.

Yes this certainly seems the main problem atm. Whilst the flatbread sandwich and fruit plate were perfectly pleasant for my short flight from LBA-LHR yesterday, I don't see how that would be appropriate for a much longer flight to somewhere like GVA.
Old May 21, 2017, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by work2fly
I have an upcoming flight LHR-GVA that departs around 11:30. Is this a short or medium brunch?
Short and medium meals are the exact same! Only drinks service differ.
Old May 21, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Sorry, I missed Post #1 .

Looks like our flight will be a lunch service, and we'll just stay tuned here for new special meal reports.
Old May 21, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
So what needs to be added to the medium routes to make the meal more substantial? BA list the lhr -gva route for e.g as 1h 45 minutes so probably closer to 1h 30ish. So how much food does one need for a short length of time in the air anyway? The food on the long routes or longer should I say looks very good indeed 😊
Old May 21, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Padmeister
So what needs to be added to the medium routes to make the meal more substantial? BA list the lhr -gva route for e.g as 1h 45 minutes so probably closer to 1h 30ish. So how much food does one need for a short length of time in the air anyway? The food on the long routes or longer should I say looks very good indeed 😊
In the words of a pop songstress, 'Ooh, ah, just a little bit. Ooh, ah, a little bit more...'
Old May 21, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by bafan
In the words of a pop songstress, 'Ooh, ah, just a little bit. Ooh, ah, a little bit more...'
A couple of bags of kettle chips. Please bring back the cheese and onion flavour in the lounge.

Oops cat out of the bag!
Old May 21, 2017, 9:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by bafan
Precisely, hahahaha ^
Old May 21, 2017, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Padmeister
LHR-GVA is approximately 1hr 15mins (on average) - but can fluctuate from about 1hr 8mins to 1hr 24mins depending on route and traffic constraints.
Old May 21, 2017, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Agreed. The Mediums that were formerly Band 3 (such as MAD) should be moved to the Long band. I am fine with the Mediums that were formerly Band 2 (such as GVA) staying as Medium.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.