FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club Europe catering guide
View Single Post
Old May 21, 2017, 4:43 am
sts603
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Really? Is that why I see lists of Initials far longer than the number of total seats every time I travel in the USA?

Sorry but I am sticking to the issue of catering since that is the title of the thread - rather than the seating guide. I won't get into discussions about AA F except to say that is has been downgraded big time such that even the fares show J.

CE came to pass when F was done away with in Europe 35 years ago. It simply did not pay. CE was 3x3 abreast and there was only wine no Champagne. There were newspapers offered and they really are the only thing to have gone along with the seat pitch. It was never intended to be a F product and it never will.

Chatty Chef welcome from me too and your imput will be much appreciated here.
That's flawed logic on upgrades vs. paid seating. Yes, many people are eligible for free upgrades (on some peak business flights it may be half the plane). But the list of names is meaningless. If on a normal 16 seat F cabin, 12 seats are paid for, the fact there are 50 people listed for an upgrade doesn't mean that 75% of the actual F cabin that goes out when the door shuts is paid for.

The "F" cabin domestically in the US isn't intended to be F either. It's a short haul J product and indeed AA has recently reclassified the revenue buckets accordingly. It's priced roughly similarly to short-haul J in Europe. So comparing the two is very much a reasonable comparison to make and I stand by the fact that I would take a domestic "F" cabin in the US over any short-haul J product in Europe (except Air Serbia).