Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Club Europe Catering Guide 2017.

This thread outlines the new arrangements for Club Europe catering, introduced on Sunday 26 March 2017 and due to end on Tuesday 11 September 2018, based on 3 zones. A new Club Europe catering product is due to be launch on Wednesday 12 September 2018, and this is based on 4 bands. The main information piece - in terms of timings and the distance zones for the meals can be found in post 1. The following cross references the photos below against the matrix of options. In addition to the photos, some FTers have written extensively on their experiences so there is more to this thread than the pictures. Also note that there was an increase in food offered on some combinations shortly after the start-up, so the more recent photos may be the best place to start.The previous shorthaul catering guide, now locked but which had the previous 4 band system, is to be found here.

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the pre-ordered versions - which are VLML (Lacto-ovo), AVML (Asia) and VGML (Vegan) . There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, LCY+STN. Last update: 833
-------------------------
Note posts before 1-832 are typically the April 2017 menu. 833 and above is from the menu for May 2017.
----
Chef's Chat sheets for:
CE LHR Summer 2017 - Rotation A
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28338151-post954.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28339641-post958.html

Short Band (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)
Breakfast: 279, 570 (vegetarian), 629, 674, 821 (Express breakfast for MAN and LBA), 1343 (Vegan), 2285 (Express for LBA and MAN), 2445

Brunch: 180, 289, 469, 563, 685, 716, 2625 (AVML)

Lunch: 207, 545 (diabetic), 644 (first photo), 680 (VLML), 802, 928, 1322 (Kosher), 2284

Afternoon tea: 339, 404 (vegetarian), 480, 600 (VLML), 710 (including low lactose), 800, 882 (gluten free), 1281, 1322 (Kosher), 1673, 2679 (Kosher), 2792

Dinner: 563, 630 (VGML), 669 (Kosher Passover), 771 (VGML LCY) 799, 819 (AVML), 833 (May 2017 menu), 1283, 1287, 1674, 2446, 2616 (Kosher), 2793

Comments on difference between AVML and VLML here.
-----
Medium Band (e.g. Madrid, Nice, Prague, Copenhagen)
Breakfast: 645 (vegetarian), 724 (vegetarian), 1003

Brunch: 199 (VLML), 600 (VLML), 659 (Kosher Passover)

Lunch: 239 (child), 251, 425, 641, 733

Afternoon tea: 332 (also includes vegetarian), 426 (GFML), 813 (Muslim)

Dinner: 456, 551 (also includes VLML), 666, 1004,
-----
Long Band (e.g. Lisbon, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm).

Breakfast: 195 (vegetarian)

Rest of the day: 306 (LFML), 345, 427, 443, 468, 597, 676, 687, 695, 783 (VLML)
======
NOT MAINTAINED AND OUT OF DATE: The complete Short Haul meal structure for the longer flights as of October 2017 is:

LHR
Meal 1: Chicken / red pepper risotto
Meal 2: Beef cheek
Meal 3: Chicken supreme / gnocchi
Meal 4: Miso glazed cod
Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine

LGW
Meal 1: Thyme roasted chicken
Meal 2: Spicy corn and paneer masala
Meal 3: Thai Penang chicken curry
Meal 4: Roasted red pepper tortellini
Meal 5: Beef and mushroom caserole
Meal 6: Tomato and four cheeses tortellini

Structured into:

Rotation A
LHR outbound
Meal 3
Meal 4
inbound to LHR
Meal 5
Meal 6

Rotation B
LHR outbound
Meal 5
Meal 6
inbound to LHR
Meal 1
Meal 2

Rotation C
LHR outbound
Meal 1
Meal 2
inbound to LHR
Meal 3
Meal 4
===
October 2017 = Rotation C
November 2017 = Rotation A
December 2017 = Rotation B
January 2018 = Rotation C
etc
Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2017, 3:39 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Yesterday's 1489 GLA-LHR was the disgraceful looking sandwiches or the not so bad plougmans.

Last night's 720 LHR-ZRH was the duck 'salad' or a chicken panini.

Service adequate on the 1489 which was a completely packed 767. Going through the motions mostly.

Service was excellent on the 720 which was a lightly loaded 319 (I think about 50 pax) - no complaints to be had (except the leg room).
At least you got a choice. Last couple of (admittedly short, former domestic routes) I've done has been 'Do you want the duck salad'? or go hungry even for row 1.

New long band all-in-one set up looks good apart from whoever signed off on the plastic container for the pudding!
rossmacd likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 3:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
At least you got a choice. Last couple of (admittedly short, former domestic routes) I've done has been 'Do you want the duck salad'? or go hungry even for row 1.

New long band all-in-one set up looks good apart from whoever signed off on the plastic container for the pudding!
There used to to be a choice on MAN and LBA but now there isn’t. Apparently they are too short for the crew to do two things!
Old Dec 29, 2017, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by KARFA

There used to to be a choice on MAN and LBA but now there isn’t. Apparently they are too short for the crew to do two things!
Ah, I thought I'd just got unlucky! Oh well, probably the kick I need to stop paying for CE on those flights.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 6:55 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Ah, I thought I'd just got unlucky! Oh well, probably the kick I need to stop paying for CE on those flights.
If you were paying for CE because of the panini, you should probably reconsider a lot of things in your life.

There are a lot of reasons to pay for CE - I nearly always do - but the panini is not one of them!
Old Dec 29, 2017, 6:59 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Nevth
LHR-ARN on 22/12/2017, on the 767 which was a (nice) first for me.

Got given the Rot B menu posted earlier in the thread (duck starter, chicken tikka/fish pie for mains), but when served the FA said "Oh the starter is different from what it says on the menu, we're trialling something new". The starter was a small plate with something BA generously described as charcuterie (see photo), which also left enough space on the tray for mains to be served literally a minute later. Cheese plate eventually appeared after mains were finished.
This is a total cop out. Its not a starter. Its a few bits of unrelated food put on a plate and called a starter. Consistent with my feelings on the new amuse bouche in F. But at least that isn't in lieu of a proper starter.
Flame3601 likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by sts603
This is a total cop out. Its not a starter. Its a few bits of unrelated food put on a plate and called a starter. Consistent with my feelings on the new amuse bouche in F. But at least that isn't in lieu of a proper starter.
They just need to call it a 'mezze plate', then they can get away with putting whatever they like on it.

The amuse bouche is indeed highly amusing, but not in the right way!
Old Dec 29, 2017, 5:34 pm

Yep seems domestic is take it or leave it. No alternatives.

Mmm salty duck and something that could be called greenery, but not a salad.
Mmm chicken bits pressed together with spice, with vegetables and greenery.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 6:45 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by sts603
I quite like the look of that plate, I’d certainly take that over the duck or chicken salad as an appetiser.

They just need to call it a 'mezze plate', then they can get away with putting whatever they like on it.

The amuse bouche is indeed highly amusing, but not in the right way!
The new pre-appetiser in First is a great improvement on the previous Amuse Bouche. IME Much better quality and more generous.

Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
Yep seems domestic is take it or leave it. No alternatives.

Mmm salty duck and something that could be called greenery, but not a salad.
Mmm chicken bits pressed together with spice, with vegetables and greenery.
I’ve not been on a domestic since the choice was removed, but I will certainly be submitting my complaint after next week’s flights. I loathe the afternoon tea option, I much prefer the Ploughman’s - but I can certainly guess which option will be delivered on my flights
Old Dec 30, 2017, 3:48 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

I quite like the look of that plate, I’d certainly take that over the duck or chicken salad as an appetiser.

The new pre-appetiser in First is a great improvement on the previous Amuse Bouche. IME Much better quality and more generous.

I agree. Whats wrong with the starter?. Hors d'oeuvre variés seems good to me. I am amazed how some people are so unsatisfied at anything.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I agree. Whats wrong with the starter?. Hors d'oeuvre variés seems good to me. I am amazed how some people are so unsatisfied at anything.
I don't feel particularly strongly about it, but I must say it does look a bit random to me, though if I am honest, I'd say it's mostly the prawn which looks like a particularly weird addition. If they are going to go for those "selection plates", I'd rather they stuck to meat and cheese with some salad for some and seafood with some salad for other. I can't say that I would find it very exciting but I would find it a little more coherent.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 3:14 am

Programs: BAEC
I realise it’s no longer 2017 (thread title), but here is the menu on our recent LGW-TFS and return.

Outbound on 7th Jan was an early morning and so breakfast service:

Starter

Bircher muesli (really raspberry yoghourt pot with oats)

Main

Great British breakfast with omelette, pork sausage, bacon, sautéed mushroom and seared plum tomato

Or

Mushroom Frittata with rosti potatoes and four cheese & chive velouté

A selection of warm breads and pastries.

I quite enjoy the BA breakfast and this was no exception. My husband is coeliac but hadn’t ordered a special meal, preferring to have the breakfast and leave the sausage and decline the breads. Champagne was fairly free-flowing also.

Inbound on 16th was a lunch service:

Starter

Smoked salmon with chive crème fraiche

Main

Thyme-roasted chicken with penne pasta and carbonara sauce

Or

Roasted butternut squash and sweet pea risotto

Dessert

Apple and blackberry trellis with vanilla anglaise

And

British Coastal Cheddar with quince jelly and crackers.

I had the chicken which was pleasant despite an almost total lack of sauce. Coeliac hubby had ordered the special meal which is always less generous and quite disappointing. The starter of cold roast vegetables was pleasant and the gluten free brioche roll was OK. The main is invariably rubber chicken and this was no different. Bland and dry with over-cooked vegetables. His dessert was a fruit plate. As many have observed before, the consolidation of different types of special meal requirements into one does disadvantage those who must order them. It is the reason he won’t order a gluten free breakfast because that is invariably an egg white omelette. This lunch would clearly have served for the lactose intolerant as well as coeliac / gluten intolerant.

We were close to the front on both flights with a full 8 row CE cabin. It did seem, however, that the catering loads were good and we didn’t notice anybody missing out on their first choice.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 12:13 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
The low calorie meal on my LHR-EDI last night

Low Calorie meal.
T8191 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
LHR-ATH
September 2017
Lunch

ATH-LHR
October 2017
Dinner

More photos and details in my trip report here: Ancient Athens via Ancient 767s - BA Club Europe and the InterContinental (w/pics)
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
LIS-LHR, evening flight. Should be Rotation C per the wiki but this seems to be a Rotation A menu per earlier posts.

32 pax, so right at the maximum number before the curtailed Club Europe service kicks in; even with a 2h 20 flight time the crew for some reason struggled to get everyone served and meals were still being handed out as we began the descent. I got so hungry waiting for the main course (about 40 mins) I had my cheese first. They'd run out of sauvignon blanc on the outbound so it was only the pinot grigio. Salmon starter was good. Chicken and pasta was clearly overheated and burnt. But at least we got the menu, a bar round and hot towels ... if there had been one more CE passenger all that would be gone!

Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:24 am

Hello,
Can I just check is Heraklion, Crete in Long category please? If so outbound is 13.40 inbound is 15.05 so would it be the normal 3 course menu in CE?

thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.