Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: World Traveller

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2017, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Windows are aligned to rows, are you asking about the pairs on seats at the rear BC and JK only?
Old Jan 7, 2017, 2:34 am

What I mean is, sometimes there is a window which doesn't quite 'line up' with the row one is sitting in, so that rather than simply turning ones head left (or right) to look out of a window, one has to stretch forwards to look out of it, or a seat may be between 2 windows, again meaning one has to stretch to look out.

The rows are in WT and are the last half a dozen or so rows at the back, referring to either seats A or K in those respective rows.

Last edited by HGOLI; Jan 7, 2017 at 2:39 am
Old Jan 7, 2017, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not aware of this with any row.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by HGOLI
The rows are in WT and are the last half a dozen or so rows at the back, referring to either seats A or K in those respective rows.
If you're thinking about the rows at the very aft end of the cabin, where there are only two seats by the window, then there are two things to mention. First, I think (off the top of my head) that these are actually BC and HJ pairs, with no A and K seats. It's B and J that are closer to the windows. The other thing is that there is a bit of a gap between those seats and the window itself (though less at the very last row as the fuselage tapers). So if your aim is to look out of the window, these rows may not actually be that good for it.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 4:59 am

Thanks both for getting back to me. I'll have another look at the seat maps.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The answer to your question is that all seats and windows are aligned, well as far as I know anyway.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll have another look at the seat maps.
You might also want to have a look at this photo, which shows those twin seat rows very well:-

[Clicky. Click a second time to get directly to the full-size image.]
Old Jan 7, 2017, 8:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

@ HGOLI - Row 52 is the best in my view and the views you can see from 2 windows. Great for couples/pairs and the seat isn't that far from the window but IIRC you can't rest your head aganst the fuselage.

Windows are, one to the immediate (left or right) and a view from the other one which does take a little leaning forward but not much really and I think the views are worth it as below in a few of my old photos.

Old Jan 8, 2017, 2:34 am

Thanks Globaliser and Peter for the additional info. Any chance of seeing those pics in your post, they are not showing....
Old Jan 8, 2017, 4:10 am

Location: Northumberland (The big bit between Newcastle & Scotland).
Programs: BAEC & VS.
HGOLI - I would always opt for these back window seats when in the back cabin of a 747.

like yourself I am fond of a good window view and found these seats ideal when flying with my wife or alone as only one person to disturb if I need to leave the seat.

I would recommend the very back row if you have a choice, the recline is fine and you have a nice large window level with your seat, as mentioned earlier in the thread the window in the very back row is a little closer due to the tapering fuselage.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 4:22 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Thanks Globaliser and Peter for the additional info. Any chance of seeing those pics in your post, they are not showing....
Mmm, not sure why

I can see them from both my mobile and laptop.

If you're on a mobile you have to view Flyertalk on the 'full site'

Anyone else not seeing my photos?
Old Jan 8, 2017, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any chance of seeing those pics in your post, they are not showing....
At worst, click the link on the words "this photo".
Old Jan 8, 2017, 5:48 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, BA Silver
Hi everyone,
I'm a bit lost with seat selection for an upcoming roundtrip LHR-IKA with the wife on BA. I rarely fly BA long haul though based in LHR but am OWS through AA.

Flights are on a 3 class (no first) 772 but WT starts on row 16 (AB/DEF/JK) while it seems to be row 15 at the beginning on this thread. Can't find the good seat map on SeatGuru either so decided to ask here.

Any idea what the best seats might be ? All row 16 is blocked, 17 C/H blocked too, and I won't pay 240 pounds for exit seats on row 26. Rest of the cabin is wide open for both flights.

Also, if I were to book A&C or H&K seats, as I'm OWS is there's a good chance the seat next to us will be blocked like on short haul? Does this work for 17 C/H too?

Thanks for the help!
Old Jan 8, 2017, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is this the seat map you are seeing?
Old Jan 8, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Is this the seat map you are seeing?
Sorry, don't see any seat map on your post. But this is what I see:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.