Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: World Traveller

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2019, 12:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've booked a cheap flight to LAX next week on the 747 both ways. Counts towards the double Avios promo and a bit of sun will be great
Could have chose the A380, but fancied something different, and it's nice to occasionally fly the Queen of the Skies.
May be nuts and fly the 787 in Y the following week (on my bucket list to fly all 4 cabins).

Not getting offered anything POUG wise (beyond about £2k return), so have chosen 51C (the double seat pairs) and 40C on the return (so I can get the curtain swishing a lot in my face and the trolley hitting me). Might shift to the back as not bothered by turbulence - do love a bit of it (and the toilets + leg stretching room is there)
Old Dec 20, 2019, 6:08 am

Hi, have asked this same question on the A380 thread but it might be better off here as we'll be in world traveller.

Terrified flyer here booked to fly on the A380 in April back from Miami. Want to book seats so that I am definitely with my family and need 4 seats as a 2 and 2 behind. Trying to decide between 77&78 j/k and 24&25 j/k.

First pairs have the obvious advantage of being upstairs (I was too slow to get the seats we wanted further forward in this cabin) and in a 2 configuration, but am I right that row 78 is literally right next to the toilet door?

Second pairs are lower deck so will have someone in the aisle seat but have the advantage for me at least that they are much further forward - I am terrified of turbulence and just the idea of being near the back of the plane scares me. What I can't work out is how much I'll be able to see out of the window from the lower deck as all photos I can find are taken of the view from the upper deck - I realise these seats are on the trailing edge of the wing so forward view will be all wing but am hopeful that I could see down looking backwards if that makes sense. I need to be able to see some sky or it just feels horiibly claustrophobic.

If anyone has any advice/has sat in any of these rows it would be gratefully received, thank you
Old Dec 20, 2019, 7:11 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Kokey77
Terrified flyer here booked to fly on the A380 in April back from Miami. Want to book seats so that I am definitely with my family and need 4 seats as a 2 and 2 behind. Trying to decide between 77&78 j/k and 24&25 j/k.
The toilets are round the corner from row 78, so anyone using them needs to go past that row, into the cross galley / rear door area and enter some distance from 78J. There may be a queue after the meal is served and just before landing, but usually people hang around the door vestibules rather than in the main aisles.

Row 24 is heavily taken by wing, so you would have to look backwards to see much.

Given what you've said, I would - at this point - go for 77-78. You'll also have side cupboards upstairs. The view is a lot better. You are right that the centre of the aircraft is more stable, but the A380 is by a country mile the most stable passenger aircraft in the skies. It's not immune from turbulence, but it's a rare flight where this is a big issue, and on that sector, after leaving MIA, you should have relatively smooth flying.

You can keep an eye on it, I don't believe all of the other seats are sold yet, so better options may appear later on. If you pay now, then you may need to pay a bit more later on. You should take a screenshot of what you see now - if it fact the seats that you see later should have been at the same cost then you can argue for a free move.

Hopefully you are also aware of the Flying with Confidence course offered by BA, and similar schemes by easyJet and Virgin Atlantic.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 6:42 am

thank you so much for your reply, really helpful and have gone for the upstairs. Think I would have been kicking myself for not trying it out as may not get the chance again. (and yes, I think one of those courses may be the way forward as I really want to enjoy or at least not be terrified of that part of my holiday!) Thanks again
Old Dec 24, 2019, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by Kokey77
thank you so much for your reply, really helpful and have gone for the upstairs. Think I would have been kicking myself for not trying it out as may not get the chance again. (and yes, I think one of those courses may be the way forward as I really want to enjoy or at least not be terrified of that part of my holiday!) Thanks again
Some photos from seat 77A, good views outside.

The sunset is the view outside from 78A (next to the toilets) Out of the two, I prefer 77A, however the advantage of 78A is having no-one behind you.

75K is also good for external views, and is closer to the wing (to clarify, these photos are not from seat 75, all from 77A except for the sunset)

wing.

Last edited by HGOLI; Dec 24, 2019 at 7:40 am
Old Dec 31, 2019, 6:10 am

that's brilliant, thank you so much for the photos
Old Dec 9, 2020, 4:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'm due to fly LGW-ANU return in early Jan - any advice on where to plonk ourselves? Travelling as a couple, one Gold, one Silver.

Outbound, cabin is rows 26-40, with only seats in 26 and 27 taken. I've put us in 26A and 26B. 26C was showing as unavailable when I picked these (we were initially in 38 or 39 until I moved us forward).

Inbound, the cabin is rows 20-46. Only 20 B and J left at the front, most other seats available for selection. I've picked exit row 32J and 32K. 32H is still available to select (although assuming this would be blocked for others as it's next to a Gold?).

Let me know if there are better options!
Old Jul 31, 2022, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by HGOLI
Some photos from seat 77A, good views outside.

The sunset is the view outside from 78A (next to the toilets) Out of the two, I prefer 77A, however the advantage of 78A is having no-one behind you.

75K is also good for external views, and is closer to the wing (to clarify, these photos are not from seat 75, all from 77A except for the sunset)

wing.
Quick question about Row 78. How is the seat recline considering that you have a wall behind you. Thanks and regards.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 4:23 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsdriver
Quick question about Row 78. How is the seat recline considering that you have a wall behind you. Thanks and regards.
it’s a standard recline so no different to other WT seats in the cabin
sdsdriver likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by Prospero
it’s a standard recline so no different to other WT seats in the cabin
Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.