Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: World Traveller

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2018, 3:53 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by A P Yu
Single traveller on the Mid J 747 - should I go for 28B or 29A? Short Overnight flight ex JFK. Any thoughts?
Personally I'd go for 29A as it has a window and you can lean against the cabin wall. Easy to get out of as no seat in front of you. Here is an image of 29K which is just the exact same as 29A. (Photo by 1Aturnleft)

28B is still a good seat though (bar the old IFE) and a full exit seat so overall not much to choose between the two. (Photo courtesy of Will Lanting @ Airliners.net)

British Airways B747-400 14F/52J/36W/235Y Seat Map
Old Jan 4, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Thanks peter
PETER01 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 7:33 pm

Help with BA WT seat choice

Hi guys,

I will be travelling via BA2203 on a B777. Exit/legroom seats are already booked. Both my friend and I are big guys... wide and tall haha. Any advice? Recline is definitely needed especially on a 12hr flight.

my best options would be row 41 ABC (3-3-3) or last row 44 AN (2-3-2). Assuming last row reclines?

Last edited by Ryan3; Jan 4, 2018 at 7:38 pm
Old Jan 5, 2018, 3:43 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk Ryan3 and welcome to the BA forum. It's good to see you here, and though I'm not exactly the right person to assist with this query, nevertheless I'll have a first stab and someone else will hopefully follow up.

That service is LGW to CUN.

Now if you are tall and wide then that is often a reason for travelling WTP. Moreover from those seat numbers it seems you are on the newly densified 777 aircraft, which no-one here will have seen, they are not in service yet. My suspicion is that the recline on all seats will be limited. In the past there was one LGW 777 which didn't fully recline on the back row, but I've been assured by Engineering that now all 777s fully recline, and I would expect that to be the case for the new refit too, albeit to the same limited extent. I would see, if 2 passengers, some advantage in having 2 seats to yourself, but they tend to be very popular so you need to get those booked quickly Otherwise I suspect it won't greatly matter. There may be a case for going in the main centre block of 4 seats since normally no-one would disturb you from the other 2 seats. On a flight like that I would expect everyone to be reclining after the meal service, so 90 minutes after departure until close to arrival.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 12:05 am

Hi,
Single traveller on the Mid J 747. What do you think about 28D or 28G? - 28B/C/H/J are already taken. I can also take 29A or 29K but I think I like an aisle seat better. Any experiences with 28D or G?
Thank you!
Old Jan 10, 2018, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by flyaway_gy
Hi,
Single traveller on the Mid J 747. What do you think about 28D or 28G? - 28B/C/H/J are already taken. I can also take 29A or 29K but I think I like an aisle seat better. Any experiences with 28D or G? Thank you!

I'd take 29 A or K which is classed as an exit seat and also has a window. A very good seat for Y and it's very easy to get out from too as per post 121.

Seats 28 E and F are bassinet seats so you run the risk of having a baby next to you if you chose 28 D or G.

Pete
flyaway_gy likes this.

Last edited by PETER01; Jan 10, 2018 at 12:28 am Reason: typo
Old Jan 10, 2018, 7:28 am

Hi Peter,

Thank you! I also think that 29A/K are the better seats regarding the space infront but do you know anything about the legroom at 28D or 28G? Expertflyer says that these seats have more legroom but I am not sure what it means. Thanks!
Old Jan 10, 2018, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
28 DG have less legroom then 29 AK as they have the bulkhead in front of them.
flyaway_gy likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by flyaway_gy
Hi Peter,

Thank you! I also think that 29A/K are the better seats regarding the space infront but do you know anything about the legroom at 28D or 28G? Expertflyer says that these seats have more legroom but I am not sure what it means. Thanks!
EF seems to use seatguru which to be frank is outdated and classes as an example 80K in Y on a BA A380 as a poor seat! (complete opposite in fact)

There is a bulkhead at row 28 D-G and I cannot recall if you can fully stretch out or not. In any case if you get a noisy baby or babies next to you then that may not be pleasant not that of course babies can be blamed for crying.

I've been in 29A/K a few times over the years and they really are good seats. If you do choose one of them and someone in 28 puts a bag at the side of them then politely ask them to remove it as it is an official exit seat and the space is technically yours.

ETA: Just saw CIHY post so your question is answered there.
flyaway_gy likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 7:51 am
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
Flying from Tokyo to London in a few weeks on BA008. Its a 777-300ER

At this moment I picked 49K - Mainly because I like a window seat and its only one person next to me.
BA source shows a row 50, but on my seatmap it ends at 49 on the J & K Side (I guess they are blocked for crew rest, which seems odd on a 777-300ER)

Only other option is 37A, C, H, K which I know don't have a window

So I presume there are not better window seat options on the 777-300 ? Any help would be amazing.

Last edited by When I Travel The World; Feb 14, 2018 at 8:02 am
Old Feb 14, 2018, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Row 51?
50JK are crew rests seats.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 8:03 am
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
Row 51?
50JK are crew rests seats.
My mistake, typo I'm 49K at the moment.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok, even though we have rest seats at 50JK they are normally left unoccupied as most crew prefer to have horizontal rest.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Hello, I'll be flying in WT on a 74J configured 747 from LHR-MIA.

Do the seats in row 29 (second exit row) have moveable middle arm rests or are they fixed like in the exit row 28?

Thanks
Old May 15, 2018, 5:00 am

Programs: BA Executive Blue
Hello, I'm new to the FT, but have lurked a bit in the past.

I'll be flying on BA117 in November and would like to book my seat. At the moment it says that it'll be a B777 (no further details) and there are only a hand full of seats not available. I thought about booking 26 A or K, which are exit row seats, but they don't have a window. As I usually don't sleep on a plane I like looking out the window.
So I thought about one row behind, but now wonder about the IFE boxes in the window seats. Do these infringe the legs space dramatically or is it negligible?

I know I'm probably making way too much fuss of this, but I have learned from my previous long haul experiences and being stuck in a middle-middle seat, so will book my seat in advance.

On the way back I'll be on BA182, but in WT+ thanks to Avios upgrade availability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.