Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: World Traveller

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2017, 12:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

17H is a really good seat as theres no seat in front of it. Much better than any 26's in my own view. The loos are near there.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
WWYD?

Flying in a few days on four class 77 (77N) and currently have 29H the seat with no seat in front. All seats round me are already taken. All seats in the exit row 37 are free. Do you think I should move too one of them and hopefully get lucky with Theoretical seating? Fortunately long haul economy is a rareity for me so trying to make it as comfortable as possible. Cheers
Old Mar 23, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
Flying in a few days on four class 77 (77N) and currently have 29H the seat with no seat in front. All seats round me are already taken. All seats in the exit row 37 are free. Do you think I should move too one of them and hopefully get lucky with Theoretical seating? Fortunately long haul economy is a rareity for me so trying to make it as comfortable as possible. Cheers
I'd keep 29H in a heartbeat. You get the legroom and regular seat width. My recollection is that the exit row seats are narrower along with the fixed arm rests, so you're not gaining anything there, even if the middle stays empty.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 1:59 pm

17K on B777-200ER 48J/24W/203Y

Hi all,
Thanks in advance for any help I can get. I'm flying on a 11 hr trip on the 777 flight. I've the option to select 17K on this flight but basource and seat guru are showing that this seat may not have a window. Can someone please confirm that. Especially quentinr since you were on this flight recently. Than you once again for any input.

Regards,
Bean

Originally Posted by quentinr
Hi everyone,
I'm a bit lost with seat selection for an upcoming roundtrip LHR-IKA with the wife on BA. I rarely fly BA long haul though based in LHR but am OWS through AA.

Flights are on a 3 class (no first) 772 but WT starts on row 16 (AB/DEF/JK) while it seems to be row 15 at the beginning on this thread. Can't find the good seat map on SeatGuru either so decided to ask here.

Any idea what the best seats might be ? All row 16 is blocked, 17 C/H blocked too, and I won't pay 240 pounds for exit seats on row 26. Rest of the cabin is wide open for both flights.

Also, if I were to book A&C or H&K seats, as I'm OWS is there's a good chance the seat next to us will be blocked like on short haul? Does this work for 17 C/H too?

Thanks for the help!
Old Apr 12, 2017, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Correct, no window.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, BA Silver
Yeah no window.
And (at least on my flight to Tehran) a very old cabin with very tiny PTVs, old seats etc.
Good luck for 11 hours!
Old Apr 12, 2017, 2:52 pm

Thank you, "Can I help you" and "quentinr". Changed my seat to 19H.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 8:42 pm

B747 400 LHR/MIA Best sea

Sorry if this question has been raised previously. The best WT seats on this flight would seem to be on row 28 with the 2nd best being 29A or 29K. Looking at the options it seems that all of row 28 and 29A and 29K are blocked / unavailable. As alternatives what are peoples views on 29B/C or 31B/C. We are looking for a relatively quiet flight with a quick exit at MIA
Old Oct 28, 2017, 2:02 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by fcfc
Sorry if this question has been raised previously. The best WT seats on this flight would seem to be on row 28 with the 2nd best being 29A or 29K. Looking at the options it seems that all of row 28 and 29A and 29K are blocked / unavailable. As alternatives what are peoples views on 29B/C or 31B/C. We are looking for a relatively quiet flight with a quick exit at MIA
Row 28 and 29A/K are all classed as exit seats (maybe why you see them as blocked).

29A/K are the best seats on the plane (in Y) if they become available as you get a window and there is no seat in front so you have all the legroom you need.

As for other seats. They are all the same so 29/31 BC are equal (although obviously 29 is closer to the front).

Note that on this type of 747 the IFE is from the stone age and therefore close to unusable. Bring your own entertainment on an ipad or eqv
Old Oct 30, 2017, 2:06 pm

Thank you moral_low_ground for your helpful reply to post#98. As a relative newcomer to this forum can you or indeed anyone tell me, based on your experience and knowledge, how long before a flight is it usual for BA to release and make available blocked restricted seats like for example 29A or 29K in WT in a 747
Old Oct 30, 2017, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by fcfc
Thank you moral_low_ground for your helpful reply to post#98. As a relative newcomer to this forum can you or indeed anyone tell me, based on your experience and knowledge, how long before a flight is it usual for BA to release and make available blocked restricted seats like for example 29A or 29K in WT in a 747
As I understand it 29A and K are classed as exit seats and the 3 days before applies and from 12pm as a very knowledgeable poster has said a few times. However, corporate-wage-slave indicated in a recent post that this may be from 48 hours.

It may already be the case that your seat is already taken (Gold card holder for example), however that is not to say it won't be released again as above so worth checking regularly and repeatedly. If you post your flight and date someone may be willing to check if it is blocked at present or occupied (on ExpertFlyer, I don't subscribe to this)

If you don't want to post that publicly then I can have a look for you via PM, if you so wish as I should be able to see the full seat map on ba.com

Pete
Old Oct 30, 2017, 2:31 pm

deleted

Last edited by markle; May 25, 2023 at 7:08 am
Old Oct 30, 2017, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by markle
Will be flying on a 74S to JFK this coming weekend - my wife and I usually prefer either DE or FG when in Y (nobody else climbing over us to get out).

How egregious are the IFE boxes on the 74S? Any preference of DE vs FG?

As an aside - plane looks like it is lightly loaded - at ~4 days out, there are only 31 seats reserved / blocked on the seat map, including ours. Does it usually fill up at T-24, or could we expect to spread out a little?
Well, after some searching this is the DE seats on the 74S and credit to BenjaminJTravel's trip report, photo within (too large to post but click on the 'economy legroom' thumbnail which will enlarge to a nice size)

http://benjaminjtravel.com/2017/03/1...london-dallas/

Here is another from emeraldmedia

Looks like the DE is better as the box is much nearer the outside.

As for what you can see on the seatmap I wouldn't read too much into this as even 4 days out is a long time from departure especially for that route.

There will probably me many non status travellers who will check in at OLCI. JFK is of course a very heavy business route as well as long weekend travellers so there may well be last minute bookings re the former. You can always post on the seatloads thread though but it can be dynamic.

The HKG route is a bit like that too and is very much not only a leisure route but business route with a lot of last minute corporate bookings but I'm going a bit OT there but pointing out similarities.
markle likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 3:08 pm

deleted

Last edited by markle; May 25, 2023 at 7:08 am
Old Oct 30, 2017, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by markle
Wow, thanks for the very thorough comments! From BenjaminJTravel's trip report, it looks as though there is in fact no IFE box in FG. Am I blind?
I am pretty sure there is no box there but the G seat support is more central. I'd personally take the DE seats

There aren't that many photos going around re WT etc so perhaps report back what you thought yourself?
LCSinTexas likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.