Old Feb 5, 2017, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Good to know, thank you!
Old Feb 6, 2017, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by tmm1012
Hi all,

My wife and I will be flying BA59 LHR-CPT, which appears to be operated by the 74J configuration. Here is what the seatmap currently looks like:

I am oneworld Emerald (Executive Platinum on AA), so I should have complimentary access to all seats, including exit rows. We are currently booked in 51B and C, but I was considering moving to 40B/C. How much extra legroom is in row 40? How noisy does it tend to be next to the galley?

51 will be nice as it is a private pair of seats, but extra legroom would be nice - my wife is 5'5" tall (165 cm) and I am 5'11" (180 cm), so we are trying to weigh our options. Any feedback would be appreciated!
Can I second this? I'm in this same boat for ORD-LHR. In 52 currently, is it worth to move up to 40 A/B if/when 40 A opens?
Old Feb 6, 2017, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I wouldn't move, you will have more leg space if you are B or J seat and you may end up with a baby next to you in row 40.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 10:23 pm

BA 43 London Cape Town

Hi traveling solo what is a good seat with extra leg room please in economy
Thanks

Last edited by SFsadie; Feb 27, 2017 at 10:26 pm Reason: Forgot to say economy
Old Feb 27, 2017, 10:28 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Br...ghtno=43&date=

29A&K have a lot of legroom.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Generally, seatguru can be useless (or even worse than useless) for BA flights.

This is a better resource: http://thebasource.com/seatmaps.html. - and there is always http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...traveller.html.

The BA Source seat map that corresponds to that seatguru seatmap is here: http://thebasource.com/seatmaps/744/14f52j36w235y.html. Whether that is the correct seatmap for the OP's flight depends on the actual configuration planned to be used for their specific flight on their specific travel date, but AIUI it's likely to be the correct one for CPT.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 4:41 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
I have my first ever BA WT trip next week (before I discovered FT 8 years ago I flew whoever was cheapest, which was never BA!). As Silver obviously exit rows are chargeable at this stage, and seat selection is not something that work will pay for. Is it worth the £45 for row 26 (excluding middle seats) on a 772? I've currently got 28C and 27H for the two sectors.

I'm flying to LOS and back, which looks like it will have new WT/WTP. It's a TA booking so I guess I am unlikely to see a POUG (although do they sometimes appear 2-3 days before travel?) but an AUP might be an option if it's not too expensive. Again it's my own cash, though so for a work trip I'm less keen to splash out.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 11:50 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
I've got two overnight TATL trips booked on the 744 configuration in which WT starts at row 39 (super hi-j maybe?). I'm reasonably tall, and am trying to determine the best aisle seat in WT to choose. My impression from reading various threads is that the bulkhead seats in 39 and 40 don't have sufficient space for a tall person to stretch their legs, so I was going to pass on those since I usually need to stretch out to get any sleep in WT. If that info is correct, are there any reason to choose one aisle seat over the rest? Thanks!
Old Mar 16, 2017, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That is correct, choose the B or J seat from the double pairs at the back of the aircraft, as there is no A or K seats you can use the space for your legs.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
That is correct, choose the B or J seat from the double pairs at the back of the aircraft, as there is no A or K seats you can use the space for your legs.
Thanks! How are the aisle seats in those pairs (C and H)? I usually prefer the aisles as I need to get up several times during the flight, and hate to have to make someone else get up repeatedly to let me out...
Old Mar 16, 2017, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The aisle seats are no different to any if the others but if you take take the B or J seats only one person needs to move to let you out.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 4:40 pm

Thanks CIHY - I've booked 52b on both flights and will give the window a try.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 7:12 am
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
I'm flying LHR-BKK on BA next month in economy.
At the moment I'm sat in 26K, is that the best seat on the 777-200 ?

Cabin class: World TravellerAircraft type: 777

Here is a seatmap of what is free right now

Old Mar 22, 2017, 6:59 pm
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
Anyone ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.