Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: World Traveller

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2016, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Only aisle seat arms raise so the window side one will not.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 9:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Thanks for this. How about in comparison to the double seat pairs in rows 52 and 53, where the middle/window seat potentially has some extra legroom between the window and the missing window seat in front? 52BCHJ, 53BCHJ, 40ABC, or 39HJK better?
Can I second this? This my exact question.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 2:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; M&M FT
Hello!

I have the extreme misfortune of flying an old (low-J) 747 in Y in two days' time. I am currently sat in 29H which I am fairly happy with (primarily for disembarkation reasons and aisle), but all basinet seats have just opened up at T-72.

Is it worth switching to either 28D/G or 40C/D/G for extra legroom/non-recline in my face?
Old Dec 9, 2016, 2:20 am
EdC

Programs: BA Silver, Accor + Hilton Gold, YHA Life member
On a 777-300 SIN-SYD a few months back, and meant to add these photos sooner as I'd found this thread helpful. This is 37A, with a 5'10" / 178cm occupant (i.e. yours truly). It was fine, especially as I knew the person next to me, so it didn't matter if my feet encroached a touch into their space (the photos show my feet at the dividing line, as it were). For a single traveller, I'd still consider 29C/H for the extra legroom, but as a pair this was a decent option.

Didn't notice any problems with toilet queues overnight, but I'd deliberately picked 37A + B on the side with two loos - rather than 37K on the toilet-deprived side of the aircraft.

The door bulge seemed worse than on a Cathay A330, which is all I've got to compare it against, and I also slept better on the Cathay flight - but that was a much later departure so not really comparable.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Thumbs up World Traveller seating questions

Sorry if this belongs in another thread - I found a WT queries thread but it was closed. Moderators please move if applicable.

I've actually got a couple of WT seating queries as part of an upcoming US-India trip.

The first is for the TATL leg, DFW-LHR. So far as I can tell it's the High-J 744. I picked 52H (which is one of the twin seats at the back) but wondering if 53H would be better or not. It's the last row, but I can't tell from the seatmap if it is fully reclinable (which, with no one behind would be lovely). I don't mind being near the bathrooms and galley, so it's really a question of which twin seat is better.

The second leg is on LHR-BLR. It looks like I am on a different configuration 777 to the normal one on that route, which means only one WT cabin. The seating chart seems to imply that 38H has no one behind it, but that may be misleading. Any thoughts on whether I should go for that one, or one of the generic aisle seats further forward?
Old Jan 1, 2017, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All seats fully recline so if you want the back row go for row 53.
Is this the seats map you see for your BLR flight?
http://thebasource.com/seatmaps/77e/12f48j32w127y.html
Old Jan 1, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Is this the seats map you see for your BLR flight?
http://thebasource.com/seatmaps/77e/12f48j32w127y.html
Thank you sir. Yes, that looks like the seat map for BLR.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is no seat behind 38H due to the cabin narrowing.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 2:52 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Picking your brains CIHY but

Can I confirm that is the case re row 53 on the new 86J as they have narrower seats?

I remember sitting in the last row once and they definitely had very limited recline but the seats were the old ones and much thicker.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The seat is the same width with same recline, it's all in your head.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 2:58 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

The seat is the same width with same recline, it's all in your head.
Of course I would never doubt you, it's your profession but I definitely remember it not going as far back but you're probably right maybe it's all in my head or my recollection or even age! (although I believe I am younger than you! )
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Only just, but the seats are the same now, I cannot confirm your past memories.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 10:20 am

747-400 WT Seats Windows Aligned for good views

My first new thread on here. Having spent the past hour searching numerous seating threads I can't find anything about window seats that have windows aligned.

I am flying on BA57 LHR - JNB on 23 March, (747-400, not sure which version).

Ideally would like to reserve one of the window seats at the rear (yes, I actually like those seats) However, it appears I have to pay for both seats, and as I am travelling alone, I am checking others first.

My question is: Are the windows aligned to any of the window seats starting from, say, row 45, going towards the rear of the a/c, which enable good outside views (A or K seats, I'm not fussy).

I don't mind lack of legroom (I am only 5' nothing), nor queues for the toilets etc, My only request is a good viewing window. Anything else I can put up with.

Just noticed this is probably posted in the wrong section - sorry! Could you please move it to it's rightful place. (Still finding my way around).

Many thanks.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by HGOLI
I am flying on BA57 LHR - JNB on 23 March, (747-400, not sure which version).
It looks like this is currently planned to be one of these: http://thebasource.com/seatmaps/744/14f86j30w145y.html - with the refreshed cabin and nice IFE.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 1:28 am

Thanks Globaliser, that's some good news.

I had looked at BAsource, seatguru and onother one (can't remember what it was called), but none of them show/comment on window alignment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.