Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by ermen
Strange I qualified early Jan 2018 - and I received a GGL + CCR card in the mail.
Order was also "Combo Card for GGL and CCC Fulfilled"

FWIW, I am not sure that the BA systems are equipped to deal with automatic / online verification of CCR status yet - I asked at the CCR in early Feb and they said there is no way (save consulting that printed manifest)
Did you get both in the same envelope or separately?
Old Feb 20, 2018, 9:09 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
The printed list of BAEC members who have access to the CCR seems to be no more. The list is now available on an iPad, with an icon comprising a silhouette of Concorde on a white background indicating that the BAEC card holder has access to the CCR. The Lounge Angel told me she had already turned away an imposter this morning (this was before my arrival at 06:20 this morning). Doc. Copper
Old Feb 20, 2018, 9:17 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I'm trying to do something with a joker and spent a while on the GGL line to India yesterday without success. They are looking into it but I wondered if others had come across this before.

My wife is going to travel TPA-LGW and then INV-LHR (change airport) LGW-TPA. Using a single joker the taxes and fees for the round trip are just shy of $1,300.

If we do this as two singles, the taxes and fees on the TPA-LGW outbound are $500 and the return from Inverness should be GBP 200 (roughly $280). Therefore using two one ways we can cut the taxes/fees from $1,300 to $780. As she really is going to be close to INV it's worth doing. Of course this will require two jokers as there's no CW availability but that's ok, I'm significantly over jokered at the moment.

The problem is that the agent said as my account was based in the US he was not able to apply a joker for a trip originating from the UK. Is that true? I find this hard to believe. The agent is looking into it for me with a view to finding a solution and is going to call me back tonight. It would be useful to have other's thoughts on this before I receive him call hence the post.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 9:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by golfmad
The problem is that the agent said as my account was based in the US he was not able to apply a joker for a trip originating from the UK. Is that true? I find this hard to believe. The agent is looking into it for me with a view to finding a solution and is going to call me back tonight. It would be useful to have other's thoughts on this before I receive him call hence the post.
I find what they have advised you as hard to believe. I think they are getting confused with something else completely. I (like many others) have successfully used jokers on exEU trips even though my account is based in the UK. I have also looked through the terms for a Gold Guest List Redemption Reward and there is no mention of a starting point restriction relating to where your account is based.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...-list-benefits

4. Gold Guest List Redemption Reward

4.1. A Member shall be eligible for two Gold Guest List Redemption Rewards per Tier Point Collection Year starting on the date that the Member received an invitation to the Gold Guest List and was able to receive the Services. This does not affect Members ability to spend Avios in the usual way under the Executive Club membership Terms and Conditions.

4.2. The Gold Guest List Redemption Rewards shall be subject to flight capacity and availability.

4.3. All passengers must travel on the same booking as the Member.

4.4. Gold Guest List Redemption Rewards must be used before the end of the Tier Point Collection Year in which the benefit was issued. No Gold Guest List Redemption Rewards may be carried over and any unused Gold Guest List Redemption Rewards will be lost if Membership of the Gold Guest List for whatever reason terminates. There is no cash alternative or compensation available if the Member fails to use his/her Gold Guest List Redemption Rewards.

4.5. A Member can use their Gold Guest List Redemption Reward to book one one-way or one return trip, this can include a connecting flight to your onward destination for example Delhi-London-New York-London-Delhi. Stop overs on route to final destination are limited to 14 days. Side trips are not permitted, for example a trip that is not on route to your final destination, for example Delhi-London-New York-London-Rome-London-Delhi, the London-Rome-London would be classed as a side trip. Once the Member has returned to their original point of origin this is classed as one return trip.
Beaulieu likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 9:25 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by KARFA
I find what they have advised you as hard to believe.
Thanks. I thought so too. I'll see what the agent comes back with tonight. Failing that I'll call tomorrow when the UK centre is open and try again.
KARFA likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 9:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Thanks. I thought so too. I'll see what the agent comes back with tonight. Failing that I'll call tomorrow when the UK centre is open and try again.
there is a reason why I only call when Manchester is opened.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 1:22 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I spoke to India twice last week, and on neither occasion were they able to manage the requests I was making.

I called Manchester the following mornings, and all was taken care of quickly.

As an aside, when I spoke to Delhi (that's where the chap told me he was) about booking my OTP-PHX fare, the guy jokingly commented 'You do know we fly direct from LHR, right?'. Made me chuckle.

M
Old Feb 20, 2018, 6:20 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
Did you get both in the same envelope or separately?
Same envelope
Old Feb 20, 2018, 8:01 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, CX DM, QF GO, AA LT GO, UA SL, LH FT, Marr LT Titanium, Shang DM, Hyatt Glob, Hilton DM
I passed 5k points for the first time around Nov, and got my CCR card in the mail in Jan (but I'm based in Asia). But never got my GGL card...not in the same envelope...
Old Feb 21, 2018, 12:13 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by ermen
Same envelope
Originally Posted by tedhl
I passed 5k points for the first time around Nov, and got my CCR card in the mail in Jan (but I'm based in Asia). But never got my GGL card...not in the same envelope...
Unsurprisingly inconsistent...
Old Feb 21, 2018, 12:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
Unsurprisingly inconsistent...
Not necessarily, one first qualified in November 2017, the other January 2018. It may be that newly qualified GGL/CCRs are now sent the combo pack mentioned by @ermen Hopefully any future new qualifiers will confirm.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 3:44 am

Programs: BA GGL
I first qualified in May 2017 and also have the "Combo Pack" in my orders list. They arrived together in the same envelope then.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 3:59 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Beaulieu
I first qualified in May 2017 and also have the "Combo Pack" in my orders list. They arrived together in the same envelope then.
Yet mine didn’t in December 2017! (first qualified December 2017. Two envelopes received around ten days apart, despite “Combo Pack” showing in my orders list)
Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

Not necessarily, one first qualified in November 2017, the other January 2018. It may be that newly qualified GGL/CCRs are now sent the combo pack mentioned by @ermen Hopefully any future new qualifiers will confirm.
I'm a new qualifier and have received only the gold card, no CCR card yet. But given SleepySynapse's post just above, there's still hope.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 4:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by nufnuf77

from what I hear ggl and ccr will be the same thing in the near future, so no need for separate cards
Any update on this? Will they change GGL requirements for renewal form 3000? I am currently GGL for last 8 years, always hit the 3k tier points, but would never make 5000 in any 1 year anymore

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.