Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2017, 5:08 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Banana4321
I just had a call with India where we resolved the Hilton card issue. However I was told that this was a 5k benefit only, fortunately we got that one resolved. HOWEVER, whilst the agent was offline checking for sure I pulled up the T&Cs for what was 5k (I thought it was CCR only) I came across this:

A search for "partner" up thread could not find anything relevant to this, so is this "new news"???? Eek! I going to have trouble explaining certain behaviour to SWMBO if this is the case!
IIRC that is from the Gold benefits page showing what you will receive at 5000 TPs. The partner cards are now given with GGL - they used to be offered at 4500 TPs.

EDIT: Yes, see here: https://www.britishairways.com/en-us.../gold-benefits that is the Gold benefits page, not the Gold Guest List page.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 5:38 pm

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
IIRC that is from the Gold benefits page showing what you will receive at 5000 TPs. The partner cards are now given with GGL - they used to be offered at 4500 TPs.

EDIT: Yes, see here: https://www.britishairways.com/en-us.../gold-benefits that is the Gold benefits page, not the Gold Guest List page.
Fair point. Perhaps just got spooked by the agent mentioning Diamond Hilton only available for 5k renewals. Perhaps another training point for the overnight team in understanding this non-intuitive access/renewal process.

(or maybe it's coming and we just haven't been told.....well it's worth scaring the hares no? )
Old Jan 1, 2018, 3:07 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
I know this has probably been asked a hundred times above, but quick check if somebody would be so kind, I’m pricing up an Asia itinerary for my parents with Propeller travel, but didn’t realise I had to be on the PNR in order to use a GUF2 for them. If I manage to get BA to price up the same itinerary, can I use a joker via BA even if I am not on the PNR?

Thanks, Pilot37
Old Jan 1, 2018, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Yes you can.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 4:28 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by BA6501
Yes you can.
Many thanks (Just saw this was also answered in the Wiki - apologises!)

Pilot37
Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:05 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
My last 140 TP finally posted to hit the 5,000 TP threshold. Now waiting for my profile to update overnight.
Look forward to being able to call the GGL line + gifting partner cards + having free cancellations!
I wonder what else will change?
Old Jan 4, 2018, 2:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ermen
My last 140 TP finally posted to hit the 5,000 TP threshold. Now waiting for my profile to update overnight.
Look forward to being able to call the GGL line + gifting partner cards + having free cancellations!
I wonder what else will change?
The background on the Executive Club member pages changes to show a nice crown in addition to the usual gold

Oh and the infamous Shift+Click ability in MMB seat selection to eject normal Golds from 1A/1K.
dylanks likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 5:03 am

Is the GGL number only available for the UK and US?
I live in HKG - and the number I am given seem to be a normal blue number, even when I was gold. I normally make a call to the UK to reach the gold line (though the HKG line is not too bad though in the mornings when the UK is asleep)
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by ermen
Is the GGL number only available for the UK and US?
I live in HKG - and the number I am given seem to be a normal blue number, even when I was gold. I normally make a call to the UK to reach the gold line (though the HKG line is not too bad though in the mornings when the UK is asleep)
I will answer my own question!
I called the HKG number and was connected straight away to a HKG person that answered "gold guest list". Wow looks like they maintain GGL call centres all around the world?
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:48 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Could someone please ping me the GGL e-mail address via PM?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:40 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
Originally Posted by AdBoy
Was told just now that there is new guidance on space releases and that they cannot be booked for other people alone. The GGL member has to be travelling as part of the booking.
So it was true. Ouch.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 5:03 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by AdBoy
So it was true. Ouch.
I hadn't read this thread for a while and I used a joker last week for a booking on which I'm not travelling. It all went through fine, so I'm surprised to see this now. If disallowing this is indeed the new policy then it's not being consistently applied.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 8:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
I will be reaching GGL in two weeks. I have a few questions on the benefits of GGL:
  • Can 'jokers' be 'parked' by making a booking before they expire and then changing the booking?
  • Is the no fee cancellation of award booking only for awards on which the GGL member travels or does it apply to any booking made with the member's Avios?
Old Jan 15, 2018, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
I will be reaching GGL in two weeks. I have a few questions on the benefits of GGL:
  • Can 'jokers' be 'parked' by making a booking before they expire and then changing the booking?
  • Is the no fee cancellation of award booking only for awards on which the GGL member travels or does it apply to any booking made with the member's Avios?
Congrats!

For the first question, yes, within the usual rules of tickets only being valid up to a year after booking.

For the second question, I don't know the answer but I'm sure someone else will.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 8:36 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
Originally Posted by dylanks

For the second question, I don't know the answer but I'm sure someone else will.
The answer to the second question is also YES.
frasier likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.