Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: Executive Club
Welcome Pack

Finally made it to GGL two months ago. No welcome pack however. My nominees for gold and silver cards got their cards, but I, nothing. Friendly replies when I enquire, but nothing. Quite disappointing.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD
Ditto. Promoted to GGL early September. Nominees have received their gold/silver cards. I’ve receuved the CCR card, but nothing else!

Originally Posted by janh
Finally made it to GGL two months ago. No welcome pack however. My nominees for gold and silver cards got their cards, but I, nothing. Friendly replies when I enquire, but nothing. Quite disappointing.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, AS Gold 75k, IHG Aspire, Marriott Titanium , National Exec Elite, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by GandT
Ditto. Promoted to GGL early September. Nominees have received their gold/silver cards. I’ve receuved the CCR card, but nothing else!
This can't be an IT issue, we know BA are faultless there so it must be due to the introduction of extravagant new packaging festive for the cards and bagtag:

New GGL packaging

My renewal is in Jan, looks like cards are in danger of expiring before replacements arrive at this rate.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, BA GGL
Originally Posted by GandT
Same issue here hit GGL mid October and nothing -particularly annoyimh as you say that partner card packs have been received... I chased today and was told it would be reisssued as a priority but not holding my breath
Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold-Virgin Gold-Delta MM-Hilton Diamond-Hyatt Globalist-Marriott Gold-IHG Plat Amb-Accor Nobody
Welcome to BA GGL

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
The GGL line is a valuable asset, as are the jokers, and generally during IRROPS you'll have an easier time, but don't expect anything on board.
This should be included in the 'Welcome to GGL Letter'. This is ABSOLUTELY my experience for the last few years.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:37 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, CX DM, QF GO, AA LT GO, UA SL, LH FT, Marr LT Titanium, Shang DM, Hyatt Glob, Hilton DM
just qualified for GGL for the first time. quite impressed with the speed so far...the qualifying flight posted within 1-2 days (it's BA so it's quicker), and then within another day or so status updated to GGL and also immediately received an email to nominate partner cards. did it and the status upgrade indeed happens almost instantaneously.

and, that partner card status lasts till Jan 2020 !!?? (my own membership year ends Mar 2018, so even for my own GGL it's only till Mar 2019?)
Old Nov 18, 2017, 3:44 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Use of a Joker

Originally Posted by dylanks
When calling the GGL priority assistance line, it is best to ask about a GGL redemption rather than a joker, and politely ask for the dates, travelers, class of service, and route you seek to fly. Also, you may be told that space needs to be confirmed (typically when A class availability doesn't exist in F, or similar for other cabins), and you'll receive a call back in 20-30 minutes once it is confirmed (which is much better than waiting on hold!). Once confirmed, you can either pay any tax and surcharges that are due, or place a complimentary hold for 72 hours.
Hi - I've just been on the phone to the GGL line, trying to book 4 seats in F. No jokers had been used in F class, and at the start of the conversation there were 4 seats available in A class. During the booking, someone else must have booked a revenue ticket and the number of A class seats available dropped to 3. I was told I had no options and booking was no longer possible. In the guidance above, the bold statement suggests that a request could be submitted to the Revenue team to open up space in A class. I spoke to a supervisor and she told me that this is not permitted under any circumstances.

Any thoughts? Is this possible and I have simply been unlucky with the agent I have been speaking to? Or should the guidelines in the post above be updated to reflect the fact that requests to open up availability are simply not entertained?
Old Nov 18, 2017, 5:55 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
I hope you won't mind my repeating my request to now if anyone has managed to get a joker to work within 24 hours of departure. I didn't know and if it's the case that you can't it might be worth mentioning that in the very useful guide.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
It has changed recently under instruction from revenue management, if A/D/T/B are not there then... basically forget it. *Might* be allowed in the days before departure.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 6:19 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by BA6501
It has changed recently under instruction from revenue management, if A/D/T/B are not there then... basically forget it. *Might* be allowed in the days before departure.
But what if it within 24 hours and there is that availability? For example, BA179 to JFK today leaving in 4.5 hours has two A class seats showing. Could i now use a joker to snaffle them?
Old Nov 18, 2017, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by billinghamn
Hi - I've just been on the phone to the GGL line, trying to book 4 seats in F. No jokers had been used in F class, and at the start of the conversation there were 4 seats available in A class. During the booking, someone else must have booked a revenue ticket and the number of A class seats available dropped to 3. I was told I had no options and booking was no longer possible. In the guidance above, the bold statement suggests that a request could be submitted to the Revenue team to open up space in A class. I spoke to a supervisor and she told me that this is not permitted under any circumstances.

Any thoughts? Is this possible and I have simply been unlucky with the agent I have been speaking to? Or should the guidelines in the post above be updated to reflect the fact that requests to open up availability are simply not entertained?
I was replying to this, sorry.
hsmall likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:13 pm

I was replying to this, sorry.
Thanks for advising. I wish these sorts of changes were proactively communicated to members. That would at least avoid people getting p*ssed off on the phone when BA appear to make up rules as they go along.

Decided to move our flight to a couple of days earlier. That allows more time in Vancouver which is a great city to visit. Hardly a problem I can complain about!
Old Nov 20, 2017, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by billinghamn

Hi billinghamn

I had exactly the same issue with one seat being booked when on the telephone which I thought was too much of a coincidence. I called back about 30 minutes later and the availability was back again so I think there might be a system issue whereby the initial enquiry holds one seat (I needed two) which only get released shortly afterwards.

It could of course be a coincidence but it is always worth calling back again to check availability.

Kind regards

Lufty
Old Nov 20, 2017, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by LUFTY
Hi billinghamn

I had exactly the same issue with one seat being booked when on the telephone which I thought was too much of a coincidence. I called back about 30 minutes later and the availability was back again so I think there might be a system issue whereby the initial enquiry holds one seat (I needed two) which only get released shortly afterwards.

It could of course be a coincidence but it is always worth calling back again to check availability.

Kind regards

Lufty
I checked availability via ExpertFlyer a few times later on the same day. In fact I've just checked again now, and it's still A3, so the space really had been taken. Never mind - good reason to spend more time in Vancouver!
Old Nov 27, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
Was told just now that there is new guidance on space releases and that they cannot be booked for other people alone. The GGL member has to be travelling as part of the booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.