FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gold Guest List beginner's guide
View Single Post
Old Nov 18, 2017, 3:44 am
billinghamn

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Use of a Joker

Originally Posted by dylanks
When calling the GGL priority assistance line, it is best to ask about a GGL redemption rather than a joker, and politely ask for the dates, travelers, class of service, and route you seek to fly. Also, you may be told that space needs to be confirmed (typically when A class availability doesn't exist in F, or similar for other cabins), and you'll receive a call back in 20-30 minutes once it is confirmed (which is much better than waiting on hold!). Once confirmed, you can either pay any tax and surcharges that are due, or place a complimentary hold for 72 hours.
Hi - I've just been on the phone to the GGL line, trying to book 4 seats in F. No jokers had been used in F class, and at the start of the conversation there were 4 seats available in A class. During the booking, someone else must have booked a revenue ticket and the number of A class seats available dropped to 3. I was told I had no options and booking was no longer possible. In the guidance above, the bold statement suggests that a request could be submitted to the Revenue team to open up space in A class. I spoke to a supervisor and she told me that this is not permitted under any circumstances.

Any thoughts? Is this possible and I have simply been unlucky with the agent I have been speaking to? Or should the guidelines in the post above be updated to reflect the fact that requests to open up availability are simply not entertained?