Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2017, 2:16 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by ANIKM
Evening all. I recently qualified as GGL and my current membership year expires this Friday. I called to make a GGL redemption today and was told that my GGL redemptions for this year would carry over to the next membership year, when new redemptions wouldn't be issued until I passed the 3000 tier point threshold for renewal. This is the opposite of what I understand to be the case from everything I've read here - I expected the GGL redemptions for this year to expire on Friday but 2 more to be issued in the new membership year. Many thanks in advance for any clarification.
Book two now and if they don't renew for whatever reason you can always cancel and get the Jokers back on your account?
Old Dec 12, 2017, 2:55 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Could somebody be so kind as to PM me the GGL e-mail address? Can’t remember it for the life of me and need to enquire about flight prices, but not urgent so no need to jam up the phone lines.

Many thanks, Pilot37
Old Dec 12, 2017, 8:33 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Could somebody be so kind as to PM me the GGL e-mail address? Can’t remember it for the life of me and need to enquire about flight prices, but not urgent so no need to jam up the phone lines.

Many thanks, Pilot37
Done.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Could somebody be so kind as to PM me the GGL e-mail address?
What is the ‘official’ way of obtaining this? And the phone number, come to that.

I am forever on hold for up to an hour on the ‘Blue’ line when making bookings and changes, which is all that shows on my logged-in account, and staff on that line inform me that they cannot tell me the GGL number and I must look it up myself. I don’t really understand this rule and the process does not seem to work.

Does anyone know how can you enrol to be able to phone or email a GGL-specific contact point, please?

I have noticed before that the GGL web page says that GGL specific contact details are available, but again the page does not say how they can be obtained or accessed.

The annual pack I receive is just a white Concorde card with a single page of A4 cover letter, but the letter does not have any further contact info. My online account shows GGL status and I am logged in, but in the contact details area of the site it just shows the blue number and advises status holders to log in to see alternative numbers (even when I am definitely logged in.)

Apologies for the unexciting administrative question. But if anyone knows these details or even better knows what the intended process is to ‘officially’ obtain them I should be very grateful. I think it would make so much difference to me week in week out as I am very often on hold for an awfully long time.

Last edited by Thomathy; Dec 12, 2017 at 1:16 pm
Old Dec 12, 2017, 1:16 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Thomathy
What is the ‘official’ way of obtaining this? And the phone number, come to that.

I am forever on hold for up to an hour on the ‘Blue’ line which is all that shows on my logged-in account, and staff on that line inform me that they cannot tell me the GGL number and I must look it up myself. I don’t really understand this rule and the process does not seem to work.

Does anyone know how can you enrol to be able to phone or email a GGL-specific contact point, please?

I have noticed before that the GGL web page says that GGL specific contact details are available, but again the page does not say how they can be obtained or accessed.

The annual pack I receive is just a white Concorde card with a single page of A4 cover letter, but the letter does not have any further contact info. My online account shows GGL status and I am logged in, but in the contact details area of the site it just shows the blue number and advises status holders to log in to see alternative numbers (even when I am definitely logged in.)

Apologies for the unexciting administrative question. But if anyone knows these details or even better knows what the intended process is to ‘officially’ obtain them I should be very grateful. I think it would make so much difference to me week in week out as I am very often on hold for an awfully long time.
That's a very good question and I see your problem. When I'm logged in and look at Executive Club contacts it shows me logged in at the top but then says this:

You'll see the most relevant contact details for you if you are logged in to ba.com.
Telephone numbers and addresses
For the most relevant contact details, log in to your Executive Club account.

When I click on the telephone number it gives me the US blue number.

I will send you the contact details via PM now. Once you get through perhaps ask them why this is and report back?
Thomathy likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: BAEC
The telephone number comes up fine if you click on 'contact us' when logged in and select UK as your country. They'll give you the email by phone if you ask. Not sure how I got the email originally - perhaps in the welcome letter?
Old Dec 12, 2017, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by TabTraveller
The telephone number comes up fine if you click on 'contact us' when logged in and select UK as your country. They'll give you the email by phone if you ask. Not sure how I got the email originally - perhaps in the welcome letter?
Yes, you're right. It's just the US GGL number that doesn't appear when US is selected as the country. Given that my account is registered in the US I would expect the US GGL number to show up. Luckily I have it anyway.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
The US number is on the back of the GGL card as well... the email address I received the first time I talked with the GGL team (they did a quick walkthrough of my GGL benefits and gave me the email address). They probably regret giving me their email address by now.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL
Many thanks for the responses to my post. Could someone please pm me the GGL email so I can follow up? Warmly, ANIKM
Old Dec 17, 2017, 11:23 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Have only ever used Jokers on non-stop BA metal routes, so have a question about using them with a connection that is not operated by BA, given that it seems it will no longer be possible to open up extra redemption seats on non-stops if there is no A/D availability in F/CW.

If you have a route to a US destination LHR-XXX-YYY, with LHR-XXX operated by BA and XXX-YYY operated by AA (presumably under BA codeshare), does there have to be normal redemption availability for XXX-YYY in order to book this using a Joker? Assume LHR-XXX redemption availability can be opened with the Joker (my understanding is that BA can't open availability on AA-operated flights). If there is no redemption availability for XXX-YYY, is it possible to have a revenue fare on the ticket for this part of the journey, or is it simply not possible to book the routing usimg Avios for the TATL?

If it matters, would also be looking to use GUFs if possible on the booking for the BA sectors.
Hope the question makes sense, appreciate any advice.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
You would need to make a separate booking if there is no Avios availability on the non-BA connection.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by BA6501
You would need to make a separate booking if there is no Avios availability on the non-BA connection.
Thanks for the reply. In this event is there a way to get that separate booking on the same ticket somehow to protect the connection? I know AA had (still has?) a policy of protecting OW connections on separate tickets, but I wouldn't want to be relying on that with Mrs O and the cost centres in tow, plus when travelling with them there will always be checked bags involved that I would prefer to check through (reclaiming for customs on arrival notwithstanding).

I will of course give the GGL line a call to check possibilities, but I've learned here that FT can arm you with plenty of expert knowledge to help that conversation along...
Old Dec 18, 2017, 9:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Oaxaca
Thanks for the reply. In this event is there a way to get that separate booking on the same ticket somehow to protect the connection?
No sadly.

know AA had (still has?) a policy of protecting OW connections on separate tickets, but I wouldn't want to be relying on that with Mrs O and the cost centres in tow, plus when travelling with them there will always be checked bags involved that I would prefer to check through (reclaiming for customs on arrival notwithstanding).

I will of course give the GGL line a call to check possibilities, but I've learned here that FT can arm you with plenty of expert knowledge to help that conversation along...
I agree BA6501 is correct, if there is no reward availability on the AA flight you want then you can't book it as one reward booking as your joker only applies to BA flights, and you can't have it on one ticket with a combined reward/cash booking. You would need to book the AA flight separately.

I am not up to date on AA policy for separate tickets, but briefly looking at this it does appear they would protect you in case of a late AA flight - check this though as I may be wrong
AA Protection for OSO / IROPS / IRROPS / Misconnect on Separate AA / oneworld Tickets
Old Dec 19, 2017, 4:56 pm

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
I just had a call with India where we resolved the Hilton card issue. However I was told that this was a 5k benefit only, fortunately we got that one resolved. HOWEVER, whilst the agent was offline checking for sure I pulled up the T&Cs for what was 5k (I thought it was CCR only) I came across this:

A search for "partner" up thread could not find anything relevant to this, so is this "new news"???? Eek! I going to have trouble explaining certain behaviour to SWMBO if this is the case!
Old Dec 19, 2017, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Banana4321
A search for "partner" up thread could not find anything relevant to this, so is this "new news"???? Eek! I going to have trouble explaining certain behaviour to SWMBO if this is the case!
Perhaps just badly worded? You need 5,000 TPs to qualify for GGL initially and unlock this benefit but the renewal (including the benefit) is triggered at 3K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.