Changes to the Executive Club are now live

Old May 19, 15, 6:39 pm
  #91  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: East Anglia, England
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 2,041
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by konagirl2
Hoch, . We flew on a BA operated AUS-LHR flight, but ticketed as AA-code share on 28 April 2015. We got the reduced TPs and Avios. So it looks like the flight number is important.
Interesting and thanks for posting.

I just checked my LCY-JFK flights for September (AA coded) and MMB shows the reduced rate despite the flights being booked well before the January announcement. I will quietly wait until after the flights post before doing anything. But BA had better honour the original figures.

I need to chase them about receiving 5 TPs for US coded, O class flight I took recently, but again booked before 28.04.15. Depending on that outcome it might give me an indication as to how the above will go later in the year

H
Hoch is offline  
Old May 19, 15, 10:44 pm
  #92  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK/Las Vegas
Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Posts: 15,280
Originally Posted by aafreq
May I repeat yet once again....I booked on the website.... Per BA Regs, I could not upgrade via website, as has been mentioned here before....upgrades can only be achieved BY PHONE.....
And I repeat: From what you say I cannot see how BA can be responsible for you not booking the upgrade prior to 28 April. You were able to book flights on 27 April so presumably you'd have been able to book the upgrade at the same time?
Tobias-UK is offline  
Old May 20, 15, 12:06 am
  #93  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: GVA
Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Silver (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Posts: 1,720
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but I booked flights from GIG-BOM pre-changes, and I now need to adjust my schedule. If I amend the booking, will I still get the old Avios/TPs, or will the new rates apply?

Thanks
RafKa is offline  
Old May 20, 15, 12:47 am
  #94  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
Posts: 445
Assume it's a glitch but my TP for a recent LHR-ATH return, having showed as 80 in MMB, ended up with only 20 for the return leg. Booked pre-28 April but I did an AUP to get 80 on the outbound.

From what I've read this shouldn't affect the return TP but are BA now seeing this as a post-28 April change to the booking and changing TP as a result? Or is it just an error?
rrrrrich is offline  
Old May 20, 15, 12:51 am
  #95  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: UK
Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Posts: 5,697
Originally Posted by rrrrrich
Assume it's a glitch but my TP for a recent LHR-ATH return, having showed as 80 in MMB, ended up with only 20 for the return leg. Booked pre-28 April but I did an AUP to get 80 on the outbound.

From what I've read this shouldn't affect the return TP but are BA now seeing this as a post-28 April change to the booking and changing TP as a result? Or is it just an error?
I'm a bit confused. Did you book in economy? You should get 80TPs in business and 20 in economy at the pre-28/4 rates.
paul4040 is offline  
Old May 20, 15, 6:11 am
  #96  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
Posts: 445
Ah ok, thanks for clarifying. I could've sworn it said 40 TP each way in economy, but must be wrong and BA right!
rrrrrich is offline  
Old May 20, 15, 9:41 am
  #97  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ORD, SJD, VNO, sandy places
Programs: AA 1.2MM BIS 'LT' Gld, BA Bronze, AA Plat, now considering SWA.....
Posts: 451
Thank you for your well researched response..
I researched my booking and found that it was made on 27th April
@ 3:54 PM Mexico Time....so, just WHO would I call to reserve my upgrade ?

I'll 'burn' my remaining Avios miles and cautiously await AA matching BA's
Cuts with my 500 K miles.
aafreq is offline  
Old May 20, 15, 9:52 am
  #98  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ORD, SJD, VNO, sandy places
Programs: AA 1.2MM BIS 'LT' Gld, BA Bronze, AA Plat, now considering SWA.....
Posts: 451
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
And I repeat: From what you say I cannot see how BA can be responsible for you not booking the upgrade prior to 28 April. You were able to book flights on 27 April so presumably you'd have been able to book the upgrade at the same time?
See my previous post..."presumably" I could not....
And...don't be so 'sanctimonious' in your replies without knowing
ALL the facts..."one cannot 'book' upgrades until initial booking is
Complete" booking placed @ 3:54 PM Mexico City time...what say you now ?
That I 'timed' it perfectly to have to argue my point with BA ?

And...one should receive credit for the "fuel surcharge" that BA mandates
On trans Atlantic journeys, with fuel being at an all time LOW, tantamount to stealing from the traveling public...
aafreq is offline  
Old May 20, 15, 10:00 am
  #99  
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 39,821
Originally Posted by aafreq
Thank you for your well researched response..
I researched my booking and found that it was made on 27th April
@ 3:54 PM Mexico Time....so, just WHO would I call to reserve my upgrade ?

I'll 'burn' my remaining Avios miles and cautiously await AA matching BA's
Cuts with my 500 K miles.
Mexico By phone Tel: 001 800 395 8635
Tel: +1 408 352 9323 (outside Mexico)
Fax: +1 408 352 9334
Mon - Fri, 0800-1700 hours

United States of America By phone Tel: 1 800 452 1201 (from the USA)
+ 1 800 247 9297 (outside the USA)
Fax: +1 212 251 6767
Daily 0730-2000 Eastern

Both taken from this page www.britishairways.com/travel/contact-executive-club/public/en_gb

However, as has been noted you didn't need to call anyone, you should have been able to do it online at the time of booking, or possibly in MMB afterwards.

In any case, 3.54pm Mexico time (assuming Mexico city) would have been 2145 BST in the UK. The changes were due to come in to effect at 0000 BST UK time so you weren't exactly leaving yourself a great deal of time to do it.
KARFA is offline  
Old May 20, 15, 10:03 am
  #100  
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 39,821
Originally Posted by aafreq
See my previous post..."presumably" I could not....
And...don't be so 'sanctimonious' in your replies without knowing
ALL the facts..."one cannot 'book' upgrades until initial booking is
Complete" booking placed @ 3:54 PM Mexico City time...what say you now ?
That I 'timed' it perfectly to have to argue my point with BA ?

And...one should receive credit for the "fuel surcharge" that BA mandates
On trans Atlantic journeys, with fuel being at an all time LOW, tantamount to stealing from the traveling public...
Do you know, I think you have no intention to listening to what some experienced BAEC members are prepared to advise you on here.

You have it in your head that this is somehow BA's fault and they should hold the exisitng rate for you, so perhaps you should just go ahead and complain and see what happens.
KARFA is offline  
Old May 20, 15, 10:21 am
  #101  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: 38,000 feet
Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Posts: 6,184
Originally Posted by KARFA
Do you know, I think you have no intention to listening to what some experienced BAEC members are prepared to advise you on here.

You have it in your head that this is somehow BA's fault and they should hold the exisitng rate for you, so perhaps you should just go ahead and complain and see what happens.
I agree, KARFA gave a very clear explanation (including screen shots and phone numbers) of how:
1) you can book and UuA online in 1 (that's one) single step; else
2) You could have contacted other, including local, BA offices after you have booked the flights (given you did not upgrade whilst booking online) and before the dead-line.
There does not seem to be any grounds to complain to BA on the presented facts, but obviously, as you say, we do not have all the facts.
nufnuf77 is offline  
Old May 20, 15, 10:23 am
  #102  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 50
Originally Posted by aafreq
See my previous post..."presumably" I could not....
And...don't be so 'sanctimonious' in your replies without knowing
ALL the facts..."one cannot 'book' upgrades until initial booking is
Complete" booking placed @ 3:54 PM Mexico City time...what say you now ?
That I 'timed' it perfectly to have to argue my point with BA ?

And...one should receive credit for the "fuel surcharge" that BA mandates
On trans Atlantic journeys, with fuel being at an all time LOW, tantamount to stealing from the traveling public...
BA claim that this is because they maintain hedging for fuel, so any sudden drops or rises in price aren't reflected in their fuel surcharge for that reason. I don't necessary believe this is true, but it does make sense, and someone with more time on their hands could test it with a spreadsheet to see if the fuel surcharge is more stable than the fuel market fluctuations, I suppose.
OkayThen is offline  
Old May 20, 15, 7:04 pm
  #103  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 60
Originally Posted by OkayThen
BA claim that this is because they maintain hedging for fuel, so any sudden drops or rises in price aren't reflected in their fuel surcharge for that reason. I don't necessary believe this is true, but it does make sense, and someone with more time on their hands could test it with a spreadsheet to see if the fuel surcharge is more stable than the fuel market fluctuations, I suppose.
If that is true, what is the justification for even having a fuel surcharge? Surely they could include the price of fuel in their base fare, if they don't need to adapt their charges quickly to fuel fluctuations
GarynotJerry is offline  
Old May 22, 15, 5:09 am
  #104  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 50
Originally Posted by GarynotJerry
If that is true, what is the justification for even having a fuel surcharge? Surely they could include the price of fuel in their base fare, if they don't need to adapt their charges quickly to fuel fluctuations
I have no idea. Maybe to make their prices look more competitive than they really are?
OkayThen is offline  
Old May 22, 15, 5:17 am
  #105  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7,679
Originally Posted by GarynotJerry
If that is true, what is the justification for even having a fuel surcharge? Surely they could include the price of fuel in their base fare, if they don't need to adapt their charges quickly to fuel fluctuations
To make awards expensive and probably to manipulate corporate contracts.
rrgg is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread