Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to the Executive Club are now live

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2015, 6:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by konagirl2
Hoch, . We flew on a BA operated AUS-LHR flight, but ticketed as AA-code share on 28 April 2015. We got the reduced TPs and Avios. So it looks like the flight number is important.
Interesting and thanks for posting.

I just checked my LCY-JFK flights for September (AA coded) and MMB shows the reduced rate despite the flights being booked well before the January announcement. I will quietly wait until after the flights post before doing anything. But BA had better honour the original figures.

I need to chase them about receiving 5 TPs for US coded, O class flight I took recently, but again booked before 28.04.15. Depending on that outcome it might give me an indication as to how the above will go later in the year

H
Old May 19, 2015, 10:44 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by aafreq
May I repeat yet once again....I booked on the website.... Per BA Regs, I could not upgrade via website, as has been mentioned here before....upgrades can only be achieved BY PHONE.....
And I repeat: From what you say I cannot see how BA can be responsible for you not booking the upgrade prior to 28 April. You were able to book flights on 27 April so presumably you'd have been able to book the upgrade at the same time?
Old May 20, 2015, 12:06 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but I booked flights from GIG-BOM pre-changes, and I now need to adjust my schedule. If I amend the booking, will I still get the old Avios/TPs, or will the new rates apply?

Thanks
Old May 20, 2015, 12:47 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
Assume it's a glitch but my TP for a recent LHR-ATH return, having showed as 80 in MMB, ended up with only 20 for the return leg. Booked pre-28 April but I did an AUP to get 80 on the outbound.

From what I've read this shouldn't affect the return TP but are BA now seeing this as a post-28 April change to the booking and changing TP as a result? Or is it just an error?
Old May 20, 2015, 12:51 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by rrrrrich
Assume it's a glitch but my TP for a recent LHR-ATH return, having showed as 80 in MMB, ended up with only 20 for the return leg. Booked pre-28 April but I did an AUP to get 80 on the outbound.

From what I've read this shouldn't affect the return TP but are BA now seeing this as a post-28 April change to the booking and changing TP as a result? Or is it just an error?
I'm a bit confused. Did you book in economy? You should get 80TPs in business and 20 in economy at the pre-28/4 rates.
Old May 20, 2015, 6:11 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
Ah ok, thanks for clarifying. I could've sworn it said 40 TP each way in economy, but must be wrong and BA right!
Old May 20, 2015, 9:41 am

Programs: AA 1.2MM BIS 'LT' Gld, BA Bronze, AA Plat, now considering SWA.....
Thank you for your well researched response..
I researched my booking and found that it was made on 27th April
@ 3:54 PM Mexico Time....so, just WHO would I call to reserve my upgrade ?

I'll 'burn' my remaining Avios miles and cautiously await AA matching BA's
Cuts with my 500 K miles.
Old May 20, 2015, 9:52 am

Programs: AA 1.2MM BIS 'LT' Gld, BA Bronze, AA Plat, now considering SWA.....
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
And I repeat: From what you say I cannot see how BA can be responsible for you not booking the upgrade prior to 28 April. You were able to book flights on 27 April so presumably you'd have been able to book the upgrade at the same time?
See my previous post..."presumably" I could not....
And...don't be so 'sanctimonious' in your replies without knowing
ALL the facts..."one cannot 'book' upgrades until initial booking is
Complete" booking placed @ 3:54 PM Mexico City time...what say you now ?
That I 'timed' it perfectly to have to argue my point with BA ?

And...one should receive credit for the "fuel surcharge" that BA mandates
On trans Atlantic journeys, with fuel being at an all time LOW, tantamount to stealing from the traveling public...
Old May 20, 2015, 10:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Thank you for your well researched response..
I researched my booking and found that it was made on 27th April
@ 3:54 PM Mexico Time....so, just WHO would I call to reserve my upgrade ?

I'll 'burn' my remaining Avios miles and cautiously await AA matching BA's
Cuts with my 500 K miles.
Mexico By phone Tel: 001 800 395 8635
Tel: +1 408 352 9323 (outside Mexico)
Fax: +1 408 352 9334
Mon - Fri, 0800-1700 hours

United States of America By phone Tel: 1 800 452 1201 (from the USA)
+ 1 800 247 9297 (outside the USA)
Fax: +1 212 251 6767
Daily 0730-2000 Eastern

Both taken from this page www.britishairways.com/travel/contact-executive-club/public/en_gb

However, as has been noted you didn't need to call anyone, you should have been able to do it online at the time of booking, or possibly in MMB afterwards.

In any case, 3.54pm Mexico time (assuming Mexico city) would have been 2145 BST in the UK. The changes were due to come in to effect at 0000 BST UK time so you weren't exactly leaving yourself a great deal of time to do it.
Old May 20, 2015, 10:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

On trans Atlantic journeys, with fuel being at an all time LOW, tantamount to stealing from the traveling public...
Do you know, I think you have no intention to listening to what some experienced BAEC members are prepared to advise you on here.

You have it in your head that this is somehow BA's fault and they should hold the exisitng rate for you, so perhaps you should just go ahead and complain and see what happens.
Old May 20, 2015, 10:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by KARFA
Do you know, I think you have no intention to listening to what some experienced BAEC members are prepared to advise you on here.

You have it in your head that this is somehow BA's fault and they should hold the exisitng rate for you, so perhaps you should just go ahead and complain and see what happens.
I agree, KARFA gave a very clear explanation (including screen shots and phone numbers) of how:
1) you can book and UuA online in 1 (that's one) single step; else
2) You could have contacted other, including local, BA offices after you have booked the flights (given you did not upgrade whilst booking online) and before the dead-line.
There does not seem to be any grounds to complain to BA on the presented facts, but obviously, as you say, we do not have all the facts.
Old May 20, 2015, 10:23 am
Suspended

BA claim that this is because they maintain hedging for fuel, so any sudden drops or rises in price aren't reflected in their fuel surcharge for that reason. I don't necessary believe this is true, but it does make sense, and someone with more time on their hands could test it with a spreadsheet to see if the fuel surcharge is more stable than the fuel market fluctuations, I suppose.
Old May 20, 2015, 7:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by OkayThen
BA claim that this is because they maintain hedging for fuel, so any sudden drops or rises in price aren't reflected in their fuel surcharge for that reason. I don't necessary believe this is true, but it does make sense, and someone with more time on their hands could test it with a spreadsheet to see if the fuel surcharge is more stable than the fuel market fluctuations, I suppose.
If that is true, what is the justification for even having a fuel surcharge? Surely they could include the price of fuel in their base fare, if they don't need to adapt their charges quickly to fuel fluctuations
Old May 22, 2015, 5:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by GarynotJerry
If that is true, what is the justification for even having a fuel surcharge? Surely they could include the price of fuel in their base fare, if they don't need to adapt their charges quickly to fuel fluctuations
I have no idea. Maybe to make their prices look more competitive than they really are?
Old May 22, 2015, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by GarynotJerry
To make awards expensive and probably to manipulate corporate contracts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.