Changes to the Executive Club are now live

Reply

Old Apr 27, 15, 10:34 pm
  #1
Thread Starter
Company Representative - British Airways
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 820
Changes to the Executive Club are now live

Hello,

You may have noticed that the Executive Club changes have gone live at 00:00 British Summer Time (GMT +1), as per the information available on ba.com. These changes have allowed us to provide more opportunities for you to spend Avios on reward flights as well as to ensure that the Executive Club continues to deliver a competitive and rewarding loyalty programme for the future.

For more information and to view our Q&As you can visit our Executive Club Changes pages on ba.com here .

The changes only apply to bookings made on or after 28th April 2015, all bookings made before 28th April, regardless of travel date, will earn and collect at the previous rates. This excludes any bookings made on our Airline Partners that do not have a BA flight number.
We will do our best to respond to your queries as quickly as possible.

kind regards,
Max from the proposition team
BA Executive Club is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 15, 11:00 pm
  #2
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: London
Programs: BA GGL ex-CCR :( ex-Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 859
Thanks Max, good to know. Great stuff.
Banana4321 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 15, 11:36 pm
  #3
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 1,295
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club View Post
Hello,

You may have noticed that the Executive Club changes have gone live at 00:00 British Summer Time (GMT +1), as per the information available on ba.com. These changes have allowed us to provide more opportunities for you to spend Avios on reward flights as well as to ensure that the Executive Club continues to deliver a competitive and rewarding loyalty programme for the future.

For more information and to view our Q&As you can visit our Executive Club Changes pages on ba.com here .

The changes only apply to bookings made on or after 28th April 2015, all bookings made before 28th April, regardless of travel date, will earn and collect at the previous rates. This excludes any bookings made on our Airline Partners that do not have a BA flight number.
We will do our best to respond to your queries as quickly as possible.

kind regards,
Max from the proposition team
Thanks Max.

Sadly there have been several reports on here of MMB showing the reduced rates for bookings made well in advance of the deadline, personally I made a booking over 24 hours prior to the deadline and MMB shows the new reduced earning rate for both Avios and Tier Points.

Is this a glitch or will we all have to go through customer relations to get this sorted?
BerksFlyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 15, 11:43 pm
  #4
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Sacramento, CA
Programs: AA,AS,BA,WN,Hyatt,Marriott,SPG
Posts: 3,530
Looking at the Reward Points Calculator, it seems to only give the number of Avios needed during non-peak times. How can I determine the number of Avios needed during peak times?
JIMCHI is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 15, 11:57 pm
  #5
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, IHG Gold, HHonors Diamond
Posts: 4,965
Only looked at a few things so far but:

MAN-LHR-AMS is 9000 Avios + 35 so double to original cost.

JFK-HKG (CX F) is 140,000 + 36 (was 105,000 Avios + 50/60 when I booked recently)

LHR-IAD (WT+ to CW) is 1229! + 40,000 Avios so double the Avios cost.
xenole is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 15, 12:14 am
  #6
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: BOS
Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Posts: 5,187
Originally Posted by xenole View Post
Only looked at a few things so far but:

MAN-LHR-AMS is 9000 Avios + 35 so double to original cost.

JFK-HKG (CX F) is 140,000 + 36 (was 105,000 Avios + 50/60 when I booked recently)

LHR-IAD (WT+ to CW) is 1229! + 40,000 Avios so double the Avios cost.
I got a quote of 48000 for BOS - LHR - MAN UUA'd WT+ to CW. Does adding LHR - MAN onto BOS - LHR add another 8000 avios to the upgrade, even though there can be no upgrade on the domestic????
HilFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 15, 12:33 am
  #7
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 553
Apologies if I missed this elsewhere but how do tier points now work on partner flights? We have a lowest economy flight booked from JFK to Cancun, will this still earn 10 tier points?
trvllvr123 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 15, 12:34 am
  #8
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: PEK
Programs: CA Gold, EY Silver HHons Diamond
Posts: 330
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club View Post
For more information and to view our Q&As you can visit our Executive Club Changes pages on ba.com here
Hi Max

I am sure this is me being dim, but could you provide a link to the BA website where it was explained what impact the changes would have on using points to upgrade. Thank you.
LOUDNOISES is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 15, 1:59 am
  #9
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: London
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 524
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club View Post
These changes have allowed us to provide more opportunities for you to spend Avios on reward flights
Call me a cynic, but is that quantifiable? I wish I'd taken some kind of a snapshot of the reward flight map yesterday or earlier, I only know for what I'm looking at there is no change.

Perhaps these seats will be released over the course of time?
Quarky Quark is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 15, 2:35 am
  #10
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: not far from MUC
Posts: 6,140
New off-peak fares

We have introduced variable Avios pricing for reward flights which are dependent on the time of year and carrier (British Airways, Iberia, their franchises and subsidiaries).

That means you can make savings for two thirds of the year with our reduced off-peak fares. At peak times of the year you'll pay the standard Avios price.

You will not be able to benefit from off-peak prices if you fly with two or more oneworld partners, or British Airways plus two or more oneworld partners.
Question about the off-peak thing: the wording above (presented when I logged into BAEC this morning) might imply you can get off-peak redemptions if you fly with (only) one Partner.

Is my understanding correct, and were we expecting this? I'd assumed all Partner redemptions were peak.
shorthauldad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 15, 3:19 am
  #11
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Posts: 20,413
Originally Posted by shorthauldad View Post
Question about the off-peak thing: the wording above (presented when I logged into BAEC this morning) might imply you can get off-peak redemptions if you fly with (only) one Partner.

Is my understanding correct, and were we expecting this? I'd assumed all Partner redemptions were peak.
Yes, it was my understanding based on the information on ba.com that all partner redemptions, even if involving only one partner, would be charged at peak rates.

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...partnerflights

Are partner airlines other than Iberia also introducing peak and off-peak travel periods?
No. If you would like to redeem Avios to fly with British Airways airline partners you will need to use peak Avios pricing all year round. There will be no off-peak pricing available for reward flights with our airline partners except for Iberia.

Are your airline partners also putting up their Avios prices?
Reward flights with our airline partners will be charged at British Airways' peak period Avios prices all year round. This means that reward flight bookings with partners may cost more Avios in premium cabins and on some premium economy routes.
KARFA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 15, 3:30 am
  #12
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: London
Programs: BAEC Gold, Carlson Gold Elite, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold
Posts: 273
Originally Posted by BerksFlyer View Post
Thanks Max.

Sadly there have been several reports on here of MMB showing the reduced rates for bookings made well in advance of the deadline, personally I made a booking over 24 hours prior to the deadline and MMB shows the new reduced earning rate for both Avios and Tier Points.

Is this a glitch or will we all have to go through customer relations to get this sorted?
Hi Berksflyer, this happened to me too. It's a glitch but there's an easy fix - see here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...er-points.html
SukiB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 15, 4:45 am
  #13
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: London
Posts: 16,009
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club View Post
Hello,

You may have noticed that the Executive Club changes have gone live at 00:00 British Summer Time (GMT +1), as per the information available on ba.com. These changes have allowed us to provide more opportunities for you to spend Avios on reward flights as well as to ensure that the Executive Club continues to deliver a competitive and rewarding loyalty programme for the future.

For more information and to view our Q&A’s you can visit our Executive Club Changes pages on ba.com here .

The changes only apply to bookings made on or after 28th April 2015, all bookings made before 28th April, regardless of travel date, will earn and collect at the previous rates. This excludes any bookings made on our Airline Partners that do not have a BA flight number.
We will do our best to respond to your queries as quickly as possible.

kind regards,
Max from the proposition team
Welcome Max, it's good to see someone from BA back in an official capacity. Please do stick around, if you can.

Originally Posted by darthlemsip View Post
I pointed this out before - unless it's a codeshare, how can BAEC know when you booked a flight with a partner?
We (or at least, I) don't know what information is exchanged when a flight is credited to BA. It is not impossible that the original (or last) ticketing date is provided in the transaction.

Alternatively, one may have to go back and provide proof of purchase to BA manually.

Originally Posted by BlueHorizonUK View Post
If I have a ticket from BA containing AA flights then surely they know?
In principle it should be possible for BA to link the information together . The difficulty arises if one purchases e.g., a CX ticket on CX stock and later credits it to BA.

Originally Posted by BA0197 View Post
I was under this impression too- and if my memory serves me correct, BA have changed the wording of their charts for their partners.

So- if I've booked US Airways flights before the deadline- I will regardless receive the Avios and TPs at the post-devaluation rates? I personally was given assurances over the phone that this would not be the case- twice.
I was categorically assured in writing that pre-devaluation rates would apply and I expect that to be honoured.
Calchas is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 15, 9:33 am
  #14
 
jwhite9185's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Surrey, UK
Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Gold, HH Gold, Club Carlson Silver
Posts: 193
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club View Post
The changes only apply to bookings made on or after 28th April 2015, all bookings made before 28th April, regardless of travel date, will earn and collect at the previous rates. This excludes any bookings made on our Airline Partners that do not have a BA flight number.
We will do our best to respond to your queries as quickly as possible.

kind regards,
Max from the proposition team
Then how come I'm STILL waiting for the correct amount of Avios to be posted from a flight I took to BIO a month ago?
jwhite9185 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 15, 9:54 am
  #15
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,081
Originally Posted by DAC71 View Post
Call me a cynic, but is that quantifiable? I wish I'd taken some kind of a snapshot of the reward flight map yesterday or earlier, I only know for what I'm looking at there is no change.

Perhaps these seats will be released over the course of time?
The changes were that 2 club seats released on every flight. This had in my experience already been happening since changes were announced in january so well before other changes took effect today.
Anonba is offline  
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:37 pm.

Home - News - Forum - Hotel Reviews - Glossary - Contact Us - Airport Code Lookup - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Cookie Policy - Advertise on FlyerTalk - Archive - Top

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by Flyertalk.com. Copyright 2017 FlyerTalk.com. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.