Changes to the Executive Club are now live

Old Oct 28, 15, 2:36 am
  #181  
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 38,639
Expert flyer does not show reward seat availability. You need to check BA.com, or you can check AA.com and look for mileSAAver seats.
KARFA is online now  
Old Oct 28, 15, 2:40 am
  #182  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 42,987
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
Expert flyer does not show reward seat availability. You need to check BA.com, or you can check AA.com and look for mileSAAver seats.
Yes it does show AA award seat availability
Dave Noble is offline  
Old Oct 28, 15, 2:42 am
  #183  
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 38,639
Originally Posted by Dave Noble View Post
Yes it does show AA award seat availability
Does it? What booking class do BA avios rewards book in to on AA?
KARFA is online now  
Old Oct 28, 15, 8:20 am
  #184  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: JAX
Programs: Former BA/AA/CP/LY employee, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Posts: 3,353
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
Does it? What booking class do BA avios rewards book in to on AA?
T class for Economy, then U and Z like BA
JAXBA is offline  
Old Oct 28, 15, 8:27 am
  #185  
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 38,639
Originally Posted by JAXBA View Post


T class for Economy, then U and Z like BA
Thanks.

When I look at EF booking classes T, U, and Z are not shown on domestic AA flights so it still doesn't seem you can check avios reward availability on AA flights using EF? I tried both UK and US POS just in case it was shown on one and not the other.
KARFA is online now  
Old Oct 28, 15, 9:06 am
  #186  
IMH
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Berlin
Programs: BA Silver; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond; Meli & HH & Marriott & Radisson Gold
Posts: 5,211
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
When I look at EF booking classes T, U, and Z are not shown on domestic AA flights
The award availability search should show any T, U and Z inventory. It was working for me a few seconds ago:

http://www.expertflyer.com/air/awardUpgrade.do
IMH is offline  
Old Oct 28, 15, 10:20 am
  #187  
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 38,639
Originally Posted by IMH View Post
The award availability search should show any T, U and Z inventory. It was working for me a few seconds ago:

http://www.expertflyer.com/air/awardUpgrade.do
Sorry, I was being an idiot. I was doing a search on Flight Availability Search page which only covers revenue booking classes - and then wondering why I couldn't see reward booking classes when I should have been looking on the Award & Upgrade Availability Search page!

Anyway, thanks I have found it now and I was clearly under an misapprehension about the availability of AA reward classes on EF. Apologies.
KARFA is online now  
Old Oct 28, 15, 9:51 pm
  #188  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: London
Posts: 16,925
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
Sorry, I was being an idiot. I was doing a search on Flight Availability Search page which only covers revenue booking classes - and then wondering why I couldn't see reward booking classes when I should have been looking on the Award & Upgrade Availability Search page!

Anyway, thanks I have found it now and I was clearly under an misapprehension about the availability of AA reward classes on EF. Apologies.
This is not always true (so you are not being an idiot). For instance QF publish their redemption availability (U or X on domestic) along with the revenue availability.
Calchas is offline  
Old Nov 3, 15, 2:58 am
  #189  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Posts: 1,171
As a data point for those who have bemoaned the changes in Exec Club redemption mileage etc. I have now been flying with EK for just over 1 year, have achieved Gold status in that time (roughly equiv to BA Gold) with all travel in Y (mixture of SH and LH flights totaling around 50 segments)

Last week I flew from DXB to HKG (a distance of roughly 3700 miles or 7 hour flight) and checked to see if I could upgrade (one way!) from Y to J; Amazingly I did not have enough miles to upgrade (my admittedly cheap Y ticket). BA redemptions might now be worse than before but I can earn free travel/upgrades much more easily with BA than with EK.

TBH, I am not that bothered, I can access EK lounges in DXB and elsewhere and an EK A380 has pretty reasonable seat pitch, food, and miles better IFE. Downside is not much free travel or upgrades compared to BA redemptions (and yes, EK also have high surcharges to boot like BA for FF redemptions)
moral_low_ground is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread