Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to the Executive Club are now live

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2015, 1:36 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Expert flyer does not show reward seat availability. You need to check BA.com, or you can check AA.com and look for mileSAAver seats.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 1:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by KARFA
Expert flyer does not show reward seat availability. You need to check BA.com, or you can check AA.com and look for mileSAAver seats.
Yes it does show AA award seat availability
Old Oct 28, 2015, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Yes it does show AA award seat availability
Does it? What booking class do BA avios rewards book in to on AA?
Old Oct 28, 2015, 7:20 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Does it? What booking class do BA avios rewards book in to on AA?
T class for Economy, then U and Z like BA
Old Oct 28, 2015, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by JAXBA

T class for Economy, then U and Z like BA
Thanks.

When I look at EF booking classes T, U, and Z are not shown on domestic AA flights so it still doesn't seem you can check avios reward availability on AA flights using EF? I tried both UK and US POS just in case it was shown on one and not the other.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 8:06 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; SK Gold; Accor Platinum; IHG Diamond-Amb.; Meliá/HH/Bonvoy Gold
When I look at EF booking classes T, U, and Z are not shown on domestic AA flights
The award availability search should show any T, U and Z inventory. It was working for me a few seconds ago:

http://www.expertflyer.com/air/awardUpgrade.do
Old Oct 28, 2015, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by IMH
The award availability search should show any T, U and Z inventory. It was working for me a few seconds ago:

http://www.expertflyer.com/air/awardUpgrade.do
Sorry, I was being an idiot. I was doing a search on Flight Availability Search page which only covers revenue booking classes - and then wondering why I couldn't see reward booking classes when I should have been looking on the Award & Upgrade Availability Search page!

Anyway, thanks I have found it now and I was clearly under an misapprehension about the availability of AA reward classes on EF. Apologies.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, I was being an idiot. I was doing a search on Flight Availability Search page which only covers revenue booking classes - and then wondering why I couldn't see reward booking classes when I should have been looking on the Award & Upgrade Availability Search page!

Anyway, thanks I have found it now and I was clearly under an misapprehension about the availability of AA reward classes on EF. Apologies.
This is not always true (so you are not being an idiot). For instance QF publish their redemption availability (U or X on domestic) along with the revenue availability.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 1:58 am

Programs: BA GfL, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
As a data point for those who have bemoaned the changes in Exec Club redemption mileage etc. I have now been flying with EK for just over 1 year, have achieved Gold status in that time (roughly equiv to BA Gold) with all travel in Y (mixture of SH and LH flights totaling around 50 segments)

Last week I flew from DXB to HKG (a distance of roughly 3700 miles or 7 hour flight) and checked to see if I could upgrade (one way!) from Y to J; Amazingly I did not have enough miles to upgrade (my admittedly cheap Y ticket). BA redemptions might now be worse than before but I can earn free travel/upgrades much more easily with BA than with EK.

TBH, I am not that bothered, I can access EK lounges in DXB and elsewhere and an EK A380 has pretty reasonable seat pitch, food, and miles better IFE. Downside is not much free travel or upgrades compared to BA redemptions (and yes, EK also have high surcharges to boot like BA for FF redemptions)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.