Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to the Executive Club are now live

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2015, 4:08 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by aafreq
The copy I provided was produced by the BA website when queried for " BA CUSTOMER CONTACT For MEXICO...while I was IN MEXICO....not in the UK...

BTW 1800 = 6:00 PM in the Western World, + 7 hours difference = 10 PM or
22:00. in your World....The office was CLOSED....
Odd. Wherever I am in the world, I call the Gold Guest List line and never have any issues getting through to a helpful representative.

If you are having trouble finding a number to call, fly more. Winge less.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I'm not sure I agree with that sentiment. It should be possible, in my view, to speak to a competent member of staff, even if one has to wait thirty minutes (say) on whatever ticket one has bought, at any time of the day. To say, implicitly, that 24h/day staff competence is reserved for GGLs may be true but it is not a great position for the rest of us, and dealing with incompetence when the UK gold line is closed does not incline me to fly more (the opposite, in fact).
Old Oct 13, 2015, 4:20 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Calchas
I'm not sure I agree with that sentiment. It should be possible, in my view, to speak to a competent member of staff, even if one has to wait thirty minutes (say) on whatever ticket one has bought, at any time of the day. To say, implicitly, that 24h/day staff competence is reserved for GGLs may be true but it is not a great position for the rest of us, and dealing with incompetence when the UK gold line is closed does not incline me to fly more (the opposite, in fact).
I agree with your point of view, and accept it is frustrating for those who are Gold/Silver etc. However, the OP has had a number of responses to his issue, plenty of helpful feedback, and a lengthy period of time in which to contact BA within normal working hours.

Am I wrong in thinking that BAEC members can contact ANY of the offices around the world? While I appreciate the UK office may be closed at 8pm, the USA office should still be open...and when the USA office is closed, the Japan/Australia officr should be open to talk to.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Gold line closes at midnight UK time since around 6 months. Maybe Silver line too.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA 1.2MM BIS 'LT' Gld, BA Bronze, AA Plat, now considering SWA.....
Originally Posted by Swibbz
Consider being polite and perhaps people will make more of an effort to take those factors into account in the future.
Thank you for your advice..which was politely delivered...

May I refer you to the impolite post that attempted to treat me like some 'unsophisticated' dweeb, unfamiliar with 'Google'...?
I responded deservedly, in like kind....to someone who should be similarity reprimanded....
My BA 'experience' far exceeds most, but not all, on this site, having flown the 0004 Concorde and BA flights in more places than some may dream of...

Now, to answer the question of did I approach BA regarding this issue.....YES....did I receive an appropriate response... NO !
Thus, despite two most recent 'surveys' wondering why I was no longer participating...I am disengaging from further BA flights, thus also not paying the unjustified fuel surcharges.....
Old Oct 13, 2015, 5:25 pm

Odd. Wherever I am in the world, I call the Gold Guest List line and never have any issues getting through to a helpful representative.

Please READ my post.... The office I referred too was in BREMEN GERMANY....
Not the UK....Also both the US and UK service lines normally have wait times far exceeding my budget.....the Internet seemed like the best alternative at the time and place that I found myself in.....
Old Oct 13, 2015, 5:43 pm

My BA 'experience' far exceeds most, but not all, on this site, having flown the 0004 Concorde and BA flights in more places than some may dream of...

Out of interest, did you also have the problem with the First class seat with an IFE knob bruising you leg on those flights?

Last edited by ABeautifulPlaceInThe; Oct 13, 2015 at 5:57 pm
Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:13 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
My BA 'experience' far exceeds most
1. Why should we care?
2. Why would you want or need our help then?

Please be polite and don't type in block capitals as it makes it look like you're SHOUTING at us.

If you want to add emphasis to a piece of text there are *other* ways to go about it that are much, much better.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Am I wrong in thinking that BAEC members can contact ANY of the offices around the world? While I appreciate the UK office may be closed at 8pm, the USA office should still be open...and when the USA office is closed, the Japan/Australia officr should be open to talk to.
Yes, but they are categorically useless

I am still a bit annoyed about spending four hours trying to get a ticket changed last month ... I spoke to several people, each more clueless than the last. One didn't know that AA was a BA partner.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 4:44 pm

Thumbs down Oxford attitudes with Liverpool intellect.

Originally Posted by ABeautifulPlaceInThe
Out of interest, did you also have the problem with the First class seat with an IFE knob bruising you leg on those flights?
No Fortunately, but I did notice that Rupert Murdoch did, I only react to valid lapses of service....

Despite claims to the contrary, I found this site to be totally lacking in either
Courtesy or information supposedly 'provided'..by those in the 'know'...
The ad nausem refrain of "call the gold line" without true knowledge of conditions encountered outside of British borders, is quite frankly absurd.

I am glad to take my leave of these unrealistic proceedings...as I am confident that most of you are as well.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Despite claims to the contrary, I found this site to be totally lacking in either
Courtesy or information supposedly 'provided'..by those in the 'know'...
The ad nausem refrain of "call the gold line" without true knowledge of conditions encountered outside of British borders, is quite frankly absurd.
I'm sorry you feel this: many of us go out of our way to be courteous. If we cannot provide the information you need that is not the same as discourtesy.

For best results I strongly advise you to call the UK telephone lines. You can do this anywhere in the world, the telephone number is not geographically restricted anymore.

We are frequent fliers here who are indeed used to surviving outside the British borders.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 3:33 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
I have a pre-April 28th booking which includes JFK-LCY. Now AA have messed up one of the other legs in the booking by changing flight times so I no longer have enough time between flights. One option I have is to change the entire booking to one week later, where the AA flights are still at the original times. Would I still earn TPs for JFK-LCY at the higher rate (210) as per my original booking, or would it count as a new booking (140)?

Last edited by mikebg; Oct 26, 2015 at 5:24 am
Old Oct 26, 2015, 5:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by mikebg
I have a pre-April 28th booking which includes JFK-LCY. Now AA have messed up one of the other legs in the booking by changing flight times so I no longer have enough time between flights. One option I have is to change the entire booking to one week later, where the AA flights are still at the original times. Would I still earn TPs for JFK-LCY at the higher rate (210) as per my original booking, or would it count as a new booking (14)?
You may find that only 210TPs are given but if you then contact the exec club and explain that the date/flight change was a result of AAs timing change (in not a change at your request) they will replace that with the 210 TPs per your original booking - I had to move to a LHR flight in similar circumstances in the summer and got the 210 points without any issues.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 1:08 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Physci
You may find that only 140TPs are given but if you then contact the exec club and explain that the date/flight change was a result of AAs timing change (in not a change at your request) they will replace that with the 210 TPs per your original booking - I had to move to a LHR flight in similar circumstances in the summer and got the 210 points without any issues.
I changed the entire booking to exactly one week later on the phone to BAEC. All completed very efficiently and without any charges. Looking at the TPs on the Passenger Information section indicates that I should indeed be getting 210 TPs for that flight.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 8:56 pm

Dear latest edition of the Executive Club,

I do not like you anymore. I started not liking you the day I saw you had changed. I used to enjoy being one of your members, I used to be Silver and I used to get out of my way to gain points and Avios with you. Not so anymore. After six month of you, I am tired of you and I do not care for you anymore.

I understand everyone is tight on funds these days, but the amount of Avios you now give to the lowest paying fare customers is ridiculous. I almost gain more Avios paying for gas with my British Airways credit card than for a local flight in economy class. Again, I understand everyone is tight on funds these days, but the amount of Avios you require for award flights (when you can actually get them, that is) was not a good surprise, either.

Dear latest edition of the Executive Club, I understand it may cost more Avios to get an award ticket during busy times of the year because more people are flying... however, why if I purchase a ticket do I still get the same Avios during high season than I do during low season?! After all, if I pay twice as much as other times of the year for a ticket to Europe in the summer, or one to the Caribbean in the winter, why do I still get just the same handful of Avios as low season tickets? Dear Executive Club, you would be a lot more coherent if you gave me more Avios during high season, just as you request me to pay more Avios for an award seat during the busy time of the year...

Also, dear Executive Club... how is it that your agents cannot seem to find an available award seat with American Airlines when Expertflyer and American itself both say there are 2, 3, 5 or even 7 seats available for an award ticket? Before stopping to be one of your active members I was at least planning to use up my Avios... but you took that away from me, too.

I used to enjoy being one of your members, but I do not care for you anymore.
Good bye Executive Club!

AZA330

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.