Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to the Executive Club are now live

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2015, 3:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold GGL
Welcome chris87.

The price will be 30,000 plus the charges. This is because you booked before 28 April so the 'old' rules and Avios charges apply.

I queried this myself and was told that the 'old' Avios debit amounts apply for re-issue of tickets.

All that being said, the agent might not think so immediately. So hang up and call again if you don't get the right response initially. The other thing to say to suggest to the agent to process it and the correct amount might register.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 4:00 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Le Club Accor (Platinum)
Thanks very much, speedbird876. I had (obviously) hoped that would be the case but wasn't sure and didn't want to call without some slightly firmer idea of what the right answer should be. Will try tomorrow and see how I get on.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 4:10 pm

Do report back how you get on.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Speedbird876
Welcome chris87.

The price will be 30,000 plus the charges. This is because you booked before 28 April so the 'old' rules and Avios charges apply.

I queried this myself and was told that the 'old' Avios debit amounts apply for re-issue of tickets.

All that being said, the agent might not think so immediately. So hang up and call again if you don't get the right response initially. The other thing to say to suggest to the agent to process it and the correct amount might register.
Dont waste time trying mentioning the "try to process it and the correct amount might register" as any credit/debit of avios is done manually once the agent has worked out the amount needed.

The system doesnt calculate avios for upgrades/downgrades on redemption bookings- i wish it di would make my job a lot easier!!!!

The only times the system can calculate avios amount are a) brand new bookings and b) Uua bookings which are pre travel.

*****Instead just politely mention to the agent that it was booked pre 28 apr which is old avios rules.********
Old Oct 5, 2015, 4:25 pm

Changes to the Executive Club are now live

Anonba, thanks for the correction to my post.

I'm glad to get the important bit right.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by Speedbird876
Anonba, thanks for the correction to my post.

I'm glad to get the important bit right.
Not a problem n didnt mean to sound like i was having a go but just simply telling us agents its pre 28 apr is the easiest thing to do!
Old Oct 12, 2015, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chris87
First, hello all.

Secondly, thank you. I am a longtime lurker who has benefitted hugely from the collective knowledge of this forum over the past couple of years - I am hugely grateful to many of you!
Welcome to FlyerTalk chris87 and it's good to see that you've stepped out of the shadows. I am hopeful that you will get stuck in. ^
Old Oct 12, 2015, 8:42 am

Programs: AA 1.2MM BIS 'LT' Gld, BA Bronze, AA Plat, now considering SWA.....
The Facts...for the opinionated Uber-Elites....

Originally Posted by KARFA
Do you know, I think you have no intention to listenling to what some experienced BAEC members are prepared to advise you on here.

You have it in your head that this is somehow BA's fault and they should hold the exisitng rate for you, so perhaps you should just go ahead and complain and see what happens.
I have always 'listened' to valid and courteous Advice...I tend to ignore suppositions based on conjecture...

To Wit....I could not book my 'upgrades' at the time I booked my original trip...
Because THERE WAS NO OPTION TO DO SO....I then E mailed BA TWICE explaining what had occurred and received the usual " blather"
As for calling BA ????? And your deprecating "advice of BAEC memBers"

I enclude the following.....

'Fax: 001 877 767 7943
(for sending copies of documents or receipts)

British Airways Plc
Customer Relations
PO Box 286118
28361 Bremen
Germany

THIS WAS MY ONLY CONTACT NUMBER.....A FAX IN GERMANY !
What say you now ?
Old Oct 12, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: Mucci des Ancients Matelots
Originally Posted by aafreq
I have always 'listened' to valid and courteous Advice...I tend to ignore suppositions based on conjecture...

To Wit....I could not book my 'upgrades' at the time I booked my original trip...
Because THERE WAS NO OPTION TO DO SO....I then E mailed BA TWICE explaining what had occurred and received the usual " blather"

British Airways Plc
Customer Relations
PO Box 286118
28361 Bremen
Germany

What say you now ?
Wow.

Just...wow.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 9:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

British Airways Plc
Customer Relations
PO Box 286118
28361 Bremen
Germany

What say you now ?
God, this is from like 6 months ago! I didn't even remember what you are complaining about - life has moved on since then.

Anyway, as I have no interest in this anymore I will just conceed that yes you have got me, well done, you win

Last edited by KARFA; Oct 12, 2015 at 10:24 am
Old Oct 12, 2015, 10:13 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Thumbs up

British Airways Plc
Customer Relations
PO Box 286118
28361 Bremen
Germany

What say you now ?
You're clearly one of the 'special' FT-ers.

As such, and to honour your lack of ability to use Google (search for it), here is the information I found on the first link when I googled BA Executive Club Germany Contact Us.

By phone Tel: +49 (0)421 55 75 76 7
Fax: +49 (0)421 55 75 86 7
Mon-Fri 0900-1800 hours

Tel: +49 (0) 695 007 1023 to change hotels and cars booked with Avios only
Mon-Sun 0830-2100 hours
By post British Airways Executive Club
28365 Bremen
Germany

What say you now?
Old Oct 12, 2015, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA 1.2MM BIS 'LT' Gld, BA Bronze, AA Plat, now considering SWA.....
Oh say Can you READ....

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
You're clearly one of the 'special' FT-ers.

As such, and to honour your lack of ability to use Google (search for it), here is the information I found on the first link when I googled BA Executive Club Germany Contact Us.

By phone Tel: +49 (0)421 55 75 76 7
Fax: +49 (0)421 55 75 86 7
Mon-Fri 0900-1800 hours

Tel: +49 (0) 695 007 1023 to change hotels and cars booked with Avios only
Mon-Sun 0830-2100 hours
By post British Airways Executive Club
28365 Bremen
Germany

What say you now?
The copy I provided was produced by the BA website when queried for " BA CUSTOMER CONTACT For MEXICO...while I was IN MEXICO....not in the UK...

BTW 1800 = 6:00 PM in the Western World, + 7 hours difference = 10 PM or
22:00. in your World....The office was CLOSED....

Last edited by Prospero; Oct 13, 2015 at 1:23 am Reason: to encourage civil discussion
Old Oct 13, 2015, 2:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
The copy I provided was produced by the BA website when queried for " BA CUSTOMER CONTACT For MEXICO...while I was IN MEXICO....not in the UK...

BTW 1800 = 6:00 PM in the Western World, + 7 hours difference = 10 PM or
22:00. in your World....The office was CLOSED....
Consider being polite and perhaps people will make more of an effort to take those factors into account in the future.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Fax: 001 877 767 7943
What say you now ?
001 is a number for the US, not for Germany
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
aafreq we have been through all this 6 months ago when you originally raised this. You received advise from a number of people on here, many of whom are very experienced and knowledgable. Unfortunately you will not accept what anyone is advising you on here and have a set opinion on the matter - which makes me wonder why you bother posting at all really if you are not prepared to listen to anyone.

As I noted 6 months ago, you have it in your head that this is somehow BA's fault and they should hold the exisitng rate for you, so perhaps you should just go ahead and complain and see what happens. Have you actually done that? What was the result?

I can't see anything new in what you are now raising, and unless you have some new facts to report frankly this is a waste of your time raking over old coals as you will receive exactly the same comments as you did 6 months ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.