Changes to the Executive Club are now live

Old May 19, 15, 3:22 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Andriyko View Post
Perhaps in the UK only? Anyone can e-mail their local offices. BA even used to publish e-mail address online.
Oh, I didn't know that. And here was I thinking I was special
Old May 19, 15, 3:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
trf0412,
Has anyone had any luck getting BA to correct the amount of Avios credited to their account?
My partner and I are in contact with BAEC about a flight we took on 28 April. Not getting very far very quickly, unsurprisingly.

As FlyingPheonix says, the responses from BAEC so far have said that partner airline Avios and Tier Points accrue at the new rates for flights taken on or after 28 April 2015.

Hoch,
What about BA operated flights but with a OW partner
. We flew on a BA operated AUS-LHR flight, but ticketed as AA-code share on 28 April 2015. We got the reduced TPs and Avios. So it looks like the flight number is important.

HarryKUK, thanks for that. It seems a lot of Members were (deliberately or otherwise) misinformed about the earning rates on partner airlines by BAEC. My partner was similarly told (by phone) that our AUS-LHR segment would earn at the 'old' rates.

We are hoping that BAEC will take into account the fact they did not provide "reasonable notice" (as per their T&C) of changes to earning rates on partner airlines (the changed tables were only posted on the website after the changes came into effect and certainly not when people were booking these flights) - we will see but I remain pessimistic!
Old May 19, 15, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by aafreq View Post
I do realize that certain times are higher than others...but Twuce as much ??
Originally Posted by gustavmahler View Post
Y would be 4,500 but F is 18,000. Four times Economy?
Hasn't all of this been clear from the time that the changes were announced? Leaving aside the vagaries introduced by off-peak discounts:-
  • [*]
  • [*]
Old May 19, 15, 4:31 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Globaliser View Post
Hasn't all of this been clear from the time that the changes were announced? Leaving aside the vagaries introduced by off-peak discounts:-
  • [*]
  • [*]
Sorry - I'm sure it has. I took in the UuA, RFS and LH J/F ones but don't really use US domestic ones so didn't notice. I also couldn't fuind the table on ba.com anymore so also just wanted to check that it's correct.

I was trying to avoid cash fares (313 in Y or 250 in F o/w!). Thanks for clarifying, Globaliser.
Old May 19, 15, 6:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, EY Silver, AF/KL Silver
Originally Posted by paul4040 View Post
I have one booking which is showing "more" TPs. It's on a booking where I have a J sector UuA'd to F and I am getting 210 instead of 140 for that sector. It was definitely not showing that before 28 April; I checked!

I'm sure it will end up crediting correctly as 140.

Quite a few gremlins in the system I think!
As a data point, on a pre-April 28th booking where I had UuA'd from WT+ to CW I have been credited with 140 TP per sector rather that the 90 I had expected. Flights were taken in the first weeks of May

However the Avios was posted at the new "I" class rate which was slightly more than the old WT+ rate I had been anticipating

Furthermore as it was a BA holiday booking the bonus Avios was credited within 5 days of returning so a huge improvement from previously where it had taken 6 weeks or more
Old May 19, 15, 7:21 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, PS, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
Well, you are special. It takes anywhere from one hour to two days to get an answer from my local office...whereas the GGL people probably anticipate what your enquiry will be concerned with and have an answer handy to fire off immediately.
Old May 19, 15, 9:44 am

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by konagirl2 View Post
trf0412, My partner and I are in contact with BAEC about a flight we took on 28 April. Not getting very far very quickly, unsurprisingly.

As FlyingPheonix says, the responses from BAEC so far have said that partner airline Avios and Tier Points accrue at the new rates for flights taken on or after 28 April 2015.

Hoch, . We flew on a BA operated AUS-LHR flight, but ticketed as AA-code share on 28 April 2015. We got the reduced TPs and Avios. So it looks like the flight number is important.

HarryKUK, thanks for that. It seems a lot of Members were (deliberately or otherwise) misinformed about the earning rates on partner airlines by BAEC. My partner was similarly told (by phone) that our AUS-LHR segment would earn at the 'old' rates.

We are hoping that BAEC will take into account the fact they did not provide "reasonable notice" (as per their T&C) of changes to earning rates on partner airlines (the changed tables were only posted on the website after the changes came into effect and certainly not when people were booking these flights) - we will see but I remain pessimistic!
I wouldn't have minded as much if I knew in advance as I could have booked a cheap Europe return to get the final TPs but now I have less than 3 weeks left and no free weekends, or money, for a random trip to Europe. I will be pushing for these TPs.

As an aside, MMB shows 80 TPs now, originally 140, but the calculator still shows 140 if I search for these flights (LHR to DOH to BKK) on Qatar. Taken screen shots of everything. The same route on BA on the calculator shows as 20 TPs per sector; QR shows 35.
Old May 19, 15, 10:51 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
okay maybe not special... but we are 'priority' ........
Old May 19, 15, 3:53 pm

Programs: None
Hi, sorry if this has been asked already.

I am Silver in the BAEC and fly weekly between GLA and LHR, when I go into MMB for my HBO flights for next week (made prior to 28th April) I am not currently getting the option to select my seat for free for my Tuesday morning flight. As the booking was made prior to the 28th, should I not still be able to reserve my seat for free 7 days out?

It's also showing my TP and Avios using the new calculations, what's going on there?
Old May 19, 15, 4:04 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by bingobob777 View Post
Hi, sorry if this has been asked already.

I am Silver in the BAEC and fly weekly between GLA and LHR, when I go into MMB for my HBO flights for next week (made prior to 28th April) I am not currently getting the option to select my seat for free for my Tuesday morning flight. As the booking was made prior to the 28th, should I not still be able to reserve my seat for free 7 days out?

It's also showing my TP and Avios using the new calculations, what's going on there?
The changes to paid seat selection on HBO fares apply to bookings made from 26 March 2015.
Old May 19, 15, 4:16 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
The changes to paid seat selection on HBO fares apply to bookings made from 26 March 2015.
Thanks Tobias, lucky dip it is then!
Old May 19, 15, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA 1.2MM BIS 'LT' Gld, BA Bronze, AA Plat, now considering SWA.....
Why were you unable to book/request your customary upgrade on 27 April?
I could not contact BA easily by phone due to my remote location...and BA customer service is notorious for LONG waits for response....thus my futile attempt to E mail BA......
Only to receive the response...." "Please call customer service, as we cannot comply with your request via E Mail" so much for BA "customer Service" I guess I expected some 'consideration' but received none..
Old May 19, 15, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA 1.2MM BIS 'LT' Gld, BA Bronze, AA Plat, now considering SWA.....
Round & Round We GOTO...

From what you say I cannot see how BA can be responsible for you not booking the upgrade prior to 28 April. You were able to book flights on 27 April so presumably you'd have been able to book the upgrade at the same time?
May I repeat yet once again....I booked on the website.... Per BA Regs, I could not upgrade via website, as has been mentioned here before....upgrades can only be achieved BY PHONE.....
Old May 19, 15, 7:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

May I repeat yet once again....I booked on the website.... Per BA Regs, I could not upgrade via website, as has been mentioned here before....upgrades can only be achieved BY PHONE.....
Regardless . Simple question

Did you actually get the upgrade in before the 28th April? If not then it doesn't matter that contacting BA was difficult for you, the new rates are applicable
Old May 19, 15, 7:36 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
What BA regulations are these? Where does it say upgrades can only be done by phone?

You can do UuAs on ba.com (apart from open jaws). You can do them at the time of booking in the booking with avios section under book and upgrade.

Alternatively you can make the booking and try and do the UuA via MMB - not always reliable though of course. if neither of these work then you do have to phone - the webform has never worked for doing a UuA hence the response you got when you tried it.

At the end of the day though you missed the deadline, a deadline which has been well advertised for months and which we all knew about. BA is responsible for lots of problems recently if you read this board - but one of them isn't ensuring you meet a deadline and have sufficient communication ability to contact them to do the UuA in time before the rates have gone up.

I know you don't like this advice, but I really think you would be wasting your time trying to complain or raise this with BA. Sorry to be blunt.

Search this Thread