Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to the Executive Club are now live

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2015, 2:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Well the sacred cows have come home to roost. BAEC trounced in the Freddie Awards by of all things AF/KLM Flying Blue. You have heard it right, your favourite FF programme is perceived to be worse than Flying Blue.
Old May 1, 2015, 2:16 pm

So I booked a flight from LHR -> PVG -> LHR before the devaluation can I change it to LHR -> PVG and then HKG -> LHR with CX for just a change fee?
Old May 1, 2015, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Should be possible, yes
Old May 1, 2015, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by LakerAirwaysDC10
I got spooked so I checked my MMB for my trip to HNL. I am now showing 1450!
How come? It doesn't make any sense to me - no flight is earning more TPs than before. It is either fewer or the same depending on cases. Some flights earn more Avios but that is an entirely different matter.
Old May 1, 2015, 4:15 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by orbitmic

How come? It doesn't make any sense to me - no flight is earning more TPs than before. It is either fewer or the same depending on cases. Some flights earn more Avios but that is an entirely different matter.
I have one booking which is showing "more" TPs. It's on a booking where I have a J sector UuA'd to F and I am getting 210 instead of 140 for that sector. It was definitely not showing that before 28 April; I checked!

I'm sure it will end up crediting correctly as 140.

Quite a few gremlins in the system I think!
Old May 1, 2015, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kanderson1965
Well the sacred cows have come home to roost.
Cows don't roost, sacred or otherwise.

BAEC trounced in the Freddie Awards by of all things AF/KLM Flying Blue. You have heard it right, your favourite FF programme is perceived to be worse than Flying Blue.
This happened last year

No one believes the Freddy Awards

In the UK "Freddies" are a type of children's chocolate one purchases on the way home from school.
Old May 1, 2015, 6:52 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
If the changes actually improved availability, then IMHO I was ok with it. But, from what I can determine, reward availability continues to be beyond pitiful which makes the changes just a complete devaluation of the scheme.

I'm not surprised but its a shame when your cynical views continue to be proven.
Old May 1, 2015, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by Banana4321
Thanks Max, good to know. Great stuff.
What the great stuff exactly is?

Last edited by LearningToFly; Jul 7, 2015 at 10:29 am
Old May 2, 2015, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Calchas

This was a favourite of my English teacher at school to demonstrate mixed metaphors.

This happened last year

No one believes the Freddy Awards

In the UK "Freddies" are a type of children's chocolate one purchases on the way home from school.
A bit like full Y redemptions with Avios, Freddies provide poor value for money wrt Cadbury's chocolate; still, kids have to learn sometime.
Old May 2, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
A bit like full Y redemptions with Avios, Freddies provide poor value for money wrt Cadbury's chocolate; still, kids have to learn sometime.
Are Freddies the same thing as Freddos?

https://www.cadbury.co.uk/products/Freddo-2407?p=2407
Old May 2, 2015, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by HilFly
Are Freddies the same thing as Freddos?

https://www.cadbury.co.uk/products/Freddo-2407?p=2407
Well that was what I was referring to, thanks for the correction.
Old May 2, 2015, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Calchas
Old May 2, 2015, 5:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Ok, so my usual route is LHR-ATL and occasionally I will UUA to first for 25,000 avios. Am i right in saying that in an off peak period this will actually reduce to 22,500? The main UUA selling point of WTP> CW is getting hit hard.
Old May 3, 2015, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
Ok, so my usual route is LHR-ATL and occasionally I will UUA to first for 25,000 avios. Am i right in saying that in an off peak period this will actually reduce to 22,500? The main UUA selling point of WTP> CW is getting hit hard.
That's how I understand it.

Peak UuA will be the difference between 75,000 (CW) and 100,000 (F).

Off-peak UuA will be the difference between 62,500 and 85,000.
Old May 17, 2015, 1:57 pm

Just wondering what the latest is with regards to the miles being credited for partner flights booked before 28th April? Has anyone had any luck getting BA to correct the amount of Avios credited to their account?

I know of one person who has been credited with just 25% of the miles they should have (since they booked before 28th Apr), and this same issue is likely to affect both my wife and I in a couple of weeks times. I will lose a lot of faith in BA if they try to go down this route and think they can suddenly move the goal posts after 28th Apr, partly because the FAQs imply that ALL bookings (regardless of flight number or operating carrier) made before 28th Apr will come under the old rules, but also because they categorically told many people this was the case.

If it is true that partner flights FLOWN after 28th Apr, regardless of booking date, earn under the new rules, then that's all well and good, but as far as I see it BA need to simply honour the old rules for anyone who calls / emails to ask about their missing miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.