FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best T3 OneWorld Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653179-best-t3-oneworld-lounge.html)

Peter Ould Mar 8, 2018 1:00 am

One World Lounges in T3

H folks,

Flying from T3 Heathrow this afternoon (I normally do all my flying from T5). As Silver / Sapphire and with a Priority Pass from my bank, which in your opinion is the best lounge to use?

Thanks in advance.

madfish Mar 8, 2018 1:03 am

Originally Posted by Peter Ould (Post 29499045)
H folks,

Flying from T3 Heathrow this afternoon (I normally do all my flying from T5). As Silver / Sapphire and with a Priority Pass from my bank, which in your opinion is the best lounge to use?

Thanks in advance.

There are a number of threads on this topic. Have a search and I’m sure you will find the answer your require. Basically it will be a choice between the Cathay or Qantas lounges rather than BA or AA.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...e-options.html

Peter Ould Mar 8, 2018 1:14 am

Thanks - I did a quick search but didn't bring anything up. That link is really useful!!

And in your own opinion, which lounge would you go for? Cathay Business seems the obvious choice as I'll be there over lunch.

madfish Mar 8, 2018 1:27 am

Originally Posted by Peter Ould (Post 29499079)
Thanks - I did a quick search but didn't bring anything up. That link is really useful!!

And in your own opinion, which lounge would you go for? Cathay Business seems the obvious choice as I'll be there over lunch.

Simple. Do both :)

Food in CX is better as you have the noodle bar. The gin bar in the Qantas lounge is also popular (although I’ve not tried it!)

Peter Ould Mar 8, 2018 1:29 am

Originally Posted by madfish (Post 29499102)

Simple. Do both :)

Food in CX is better as you have the noodle bar. The gin bar in the Qantas lounge is also popular (although I’ve not tried it!)

Noodle bar it is!!! Once Lent is over, I'll go back and try out the gins.

Peter Ould Mar 12, 2018 2:20 am

Hi folks,

Just a quick report back to tell you that the CP lounge at lunchtime was absolutely magnificent!! Thank you for your recommendations. Cannot wait till I get my BA Gold shortly and can then try the CP First lounge.

I'm flying out of T3 in a few weeks time, this time getting into the terminal at breakfast time. Any recommendations as to which lounge I should use then?

Frequent flyer 101 Mar 12, 2018 2:56 am

Originally Posted by Peter Ould (Post 29513559)
Hi folks,

Just a quick report back to tell you that the CP lounge at lunchtime was absolutely magnificent!! Thank you for your recommendations. Cannot wait till I get my BA Gold shortly and can then try the CP First lounge.

I'm flying out of T3 in a few weeks time, this time getting into the terminal at breakfast time. Any recommendations as to which lounge I should use then?

CX again. Full English breakfast until noon.

gliderpilot Mar 13, 2018 2:18 am

Hi folks,

glad you had a great time. I’d say CX again. English breakfast with dim sum side order :-) however the QF lounge does a mean barista coffee.

Have they got the green ant gin back yet?

Amil Mar 13, 2018 2:24 am

How's the food at the new Qantas lounge?

Frequent flyer 101 Mar 13, 2018 3:58 am

Originally Posted by Amil (Post 29518244)
How's the food at the new Qantas lounge?

The stuff they have out most of the time is just ok. There are proper food options for a few hours prior to each qantas flight so you need to time the visit right to get that.

BertieBadger Mar 13, 2018 4:09 am

Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101 (Post 29513616)
CX again. Full English breakfast until noon.

Hi, quick question - is this true of the CX Business Lounge or just First? Travelling through T3 around 6am this Saturday with MrsBertieB and 2 non-status friends. Only 1 GCH, 1 SCH so we're restricted the business lounges (we're staying as a group)
Thanks

Knickam Mar 13, 2018 5:58 pm

First time in T3 in a couple of weeks flying AA to Miami on the 09:45 flight.
Would there be a preferred route to take around the lounge circuit before boarding.

Amil Mar 13, 2018 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by Knickam (Post 29521585)
First time in T3 in a couple of weeks flying AA to Miami on the 09:45 flight.
Would there be a preferred route to take around the lounge circuit before boarding.

start with Qantas and Cathay then before flying try out the ghetto AA lounge and head to your flight

BigEyedFish Mar 13, 2018 7:57 pm

Hi folks,

My preference is either BA or AA for eating breakfast in the First Lounges....... I think I'm in the minority. I've had breakfast in the CX FL and it's not really my cup of tea (both ambience and food). Sitting in the lounge area drinking champagne afterwards and watching the planes, it's CX, but for the eating, either avocado toast with poached egg at the AA FL, or some kind of breakfast sandwich at the BA FL (or smoked salmon and eggs).
Although, that's the First lounges - no clue about the regular lounges........

mjh0 Mar 14, 2018 3:55 am

Originally Posted by BertieBadger (Post 29518396)
Hi, quick question - is this true of the CX Business Lounge or just First? Travelling through T3 around 6am this Saturday with MrsBertieB and 2 non-status friends. Only 1 GCH, 1 SCH so we're restricted the business lounges (we're staying as a group)
Thanks

Hot breakfast buffet in CX Business as I recall. Both Western items and I'm fairly certain some Asian breakfast items such as buns and congee.