FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best T3 OneWorld Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653179-best-t3-oneworld-lounge.html)

BertieBadger Mar 14, 18 5:02 am

Originally Posted by mjh0 (Post 29522822)
Hot breakfast buffet in CX Business as I recall. Both Western items and I'm fairly certain some Asian breakfast items such as buns and congee.

Perfect, thanks ^

eefor jfp Mar 14, 18 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Knickam (Post 29521585)
First time in T3 in a couple of weeks flying AA to Miami on the 09:45 flight.
Would there be a preferred route to take around the lounge circuit before boarding.

Since you're BA Gold per your profile, you have access to the first sections of all the lounges. I liked the CX Chinese breakfast (dim sum, congee, etc.) though they also have an English breakfast and you can get the side of dim sum. I also like the AA Flagship lounge for breakfast--eggs Benedict, avocado smash on toast, etc. The BA First lounge has a very nice standard English buffet plus a sit down section with a menu. The Qantas lounge has a sit down section downstairs with one or two choices that the staff will bring you and a buffet upstairs. In some ways, breakfast is breakfast and the differences are minimal, so you can't really go wrong. The service seems slowest at CX, so if you're running late, that may be a factor in pushing you to the buffet. Remember it's a pretty long walk to the end of the pier where the AA flights to Miami leave from so allow 10-15 minutes from the lounges depending on your speed. Finally, if you're in First on AA make sure to save room for the LPGS they are serving. If in business, then the lounges probably have better champagne than you'll get onboard.

Smid Mar 14, 18 11:58 am

Originally Posted by eefor jfp (Post 29523488)
Finally, if you're in First on AA make sure to save room for the LPGS they are serving. If in business, then the lounges probably have better champagne than you'll get onboard.

Are you saying they serve LPGS in the AA First lounge? I popped in for the brekkie, but didn't notice the champers. Or do you mean onboard F?

eefor jfp Mar 14, 18 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by Smid (Post 29524282)
Are you saying they serve LPGS in the AA First lounge? I popped in for the brekkie, but didn't notice the champers. Or do you mean onboard F?

onboard. sorry if that wasn't clear. they had Tattinger Rose in the lounge a week or two ago.

Knickam Mar 14, 18 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by eefor jfp (Post 29523488)
Since you're BA Gold per your profile, you have access to the first sections of all the lounges. I liked the CX Chinese breakfast (dim sum, congee, etc.) though they also have an English breakfast and you can get the side of dim sum. I also like the AA Flagship lounge for breakfast--eggs Benedict, avocado smash on toast, etc. The BA First lounge has a very nice standard English buffet plus a sit down section with a menu. The Qantas lounge has a sit down section downstairs with one or two choices that the staff will bring you and a buffet upstairs. In some ways, breakfast is breakfast and the differences are minimal, so you can't really go wrong. The service seems slowest at CX, so if you're running late, that may be a factor in pushing you to the buffet. Remember it's a pretty long walk to the end of the pier where the AA flights to Miami leave from so allow 10-15 minutes from the lounges depending on your speed. Finally, if you're in First on AA make sure to save room for the LPGS they are serving. If in business, then the lounges probably have better champagne than you'll get onboard.

Thank you

Will be there in plenty of time to sample the CX, Qantas and AA lounges, Not sure of the actual locations so just want a logical route in the general direction of the boarding gates.
Not too worried about the BA F lounge as probably similar to the T5 one which I have been in a few times.
Flying in J so will no LPGS for us, And don't worry as we will be at the gate in plenty of time. The better half will see to that.

KARFA Mar 14, 18 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by Knickam (Post 29525320)
Thank you

Will be there in plenty of time to sample the CX, Qantas and AA lounges, Not sure of the actual locations so just want a logical route in the general direction of the boarding gates.
Not too worried about the BA F lounge as probably similar to the T5 one which I have been in a few times.
Flying in J so will no LPGS for us, And don't worry as we will be at the gate in plenty of time. The better half will see to that.

The lounges are all along the same corridor and within 100m of each other. You could start off at CC, then work your way through QF, BA., and AA, with the AA one being marginally closer to your likely gate.

CloudCoder Mar 16, 18 2:54 pm

If you're gonna Lounge-Hop anyway, then you should allow enough time to visit BOTH the First Class and Business sections of all the lounges. Otherwise you've only seen half of the available lounges.

Knickam Mar 17, 18 2:12 am

Originally Posted by CloudCoder (Post 29533094)
If you're gonna Lounge-Hop anyway, then you should allow enough time to visit BOTH the First Class and Business sections of all the lounges. Otherwise you've only seen half of the available lounges.

Turns out I am going to be back at T3 flying with RJ 3 weeks later. 50 odd years and never been there and now twice in a month so will be able to visit any I missed first time round.

Smid Mar 17, 18 7:20 am

Originally Posted by CloudCoder (Post 29533094)

I'd really not suggest you visit the business version of BA or AA, unless you want to view how bad things could be...

FlightNurse Mar 17, 18 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Smid (Post 29535291)
I'd really not suggest you visit the business version of BA or AA, unless you want to view how bad things could be...

AA's flagship lounge is pretty good.

Smid Mar 17, 18 11:20 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse (Post 29535865)

Which is their F lounge. I said business. Unless they let BA Silvers into their F lounge like they do in the US.

Amil Mar 17, 18 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by FlightNurse (Post 29535865)

is there a flagship business like LAX? last time i was there in September it was pretty nasty compared to the other available lounges.

megaloman Mar 17, 18 5:03 pm

DELETED

CloudCoder Mar 18, 18 4:55 am

Originally Posted by Smid (Post 29535291)

The attraction of these two lounges is that they are YUGE. So ... walk in ... experience the hugeness ... then leave quickly.

KARFA Mar 18, 18 4:58 am

Originally Posted by CloudCoder (Post 29538233)
The attraction of these two lounges is that they are YUGE. So ... walk in ... experience the hugeness ... then leave quickly.

and experience the superfast wifi in the AA lounges! but otherwise I agree head somewhere else. I usually head to the CX lounge and don't move :)

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/8...924/LzTHof.jpg