FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best T3 OneWorld Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653179-best-t3-oneworld-lounge.html)

aceman Sep 27, 2017 7:19 am

Originally Posted by florens (Post 28864193)
Damn. So no luck for my flight on Nov 3rd.

Im flying on 22nd November in F from T3 and the way things work I suspect I'm cutting it fine!

to be honest I was last in the business CX lounge last month and it was great

megaloman Sep 27, 2017 7:26 am

Originally Posted by florens (Post 28864193)
Damn. So no luck for my flight on Nov 3rd.

25th Nov for me... will be a tough choice - breakfast at CX F or QF... ;-)

florens Sep 27, 2017 7:28 am

Originally Posted by aceman (Post 28864297)
Im flying on 22nd November in F from T3 and the way things work I suspect I'm cutting it fine!

to be honest I was last in the business CX lounge last month and it was great

Originally Posted by megaloman (Post 28864330)
25th Nov for me... will be a tough choice - breakfast at CX F or QF... ;-)

Lucky guys!

mcgahat Jan 10, 2018 1:38 pm

So, will find myself at T3 on Saturday at about 11.30 for 4 hours for my connection to a light to PRG. Any thoughts on any lounge being more or less busy during that time frame? Also, any of them have any better or worse options for a quick nap? Wife and I are both Emerald so should be able to hit the F lounges.

corporate-wage-slave Jan 10, 2018 1:46 pm

That time on a Saturday normally all of them will be fairly quiet, perhaps Flagship less so, with a LAX, MIA and ORD going out. I suspect Cathay is a good place to start due to the long chairs along the window, there won't be many Cathay passengers in there from 11:00 hrs until 15:00 hrs or so.

mcgahat Jan 13, 2018 7:05 am

We are sitting in the QF lounge now after having lunch and a shower at the CX lounge. We obviously dont have the same tastes as others.........

Found the CX F lounge is more inviting of course but it got full really quick and at that point it loses its shine. The service at the restaurant was particularly bad as they seemed to not be able to handle all the customers, it was about 50% full. I found the waiters English very difficult to understand and I consider myself pretty good with people who have English as a second language. The showers were fine with good water pressure and amenities. I found the ladies working the front desk to be very pleasant which is a good thing but you get a good deal of traffic and conversation in that area and it funnels right into the F lounge are and could be distracting if working etc.

We settled into the QF lounge for more peace and quiet. It is actually a touch boring (on second floor) but quiet. The food offering seems fine for what it is and service has been very good.

Honestly, I can deal with any of the lounges (CX, QF, BA and AA) and will just pick whichever one is less busy. They are so close it is limited effort to switch.

Not sure CX will be my first choice

d3vski Jan 21, 2018 1:58 am

Cathay Lounge T3 - highly recommended.

why would anyone go to the BA lounge?

currently in the First section, positives are:

1) lovely airy Ambience. GF is too dark.

2) really good crispy bacon - ordinarily would go for the dim sum but on a low carb diet.

3) agreeable Baron de Rothschild champagne.

4) good views of the Landing runaway - currently 27L.

madfish Jan 21, 2018 2:00 am

No disrespect but there are many similar threads already to this, do we need one each time somebody goes into the CX lounge? They are getting like the old QR is better than BA threads.

d3vski Jan 21, 2018 2:05 am

Just accentuates how bad BA have become but I get your point.

Mods - feel free to transport this over to the nearest appropriate thread.

Tobias-UK Jan 21, 2018 2:09 am

... and perhaps better suited to either the CX or oneworld forum.

Airprox Jan 21, 2018 2:41 am

Seems to me like this review of the CX lounge should be in the CX forum.

Phil the Flyer Jan 21, 2018 2:45 am

Originally Posted by d3vski (Post 29319439)
why would anyone go to the BA lounge?.

Have to agree with you. Last Sunday in LHR T3 Mrs PtF and me visited, in order, CX F, QF and BA F lounges - that’s the same order in which we both rated the lounges. In fact we both thought the BA lounge was simply not up to the standard one would expect from a major airline’s home base - as if to demonstrate this point we visited HKG’s CX F Wing and Pier lounges this past Thursday; what a difference!

Of course the LHR T4 QR lounge is better than all the LHR T3 lounges, because ‘QR is better than BA’. :)

d3vski Jan 21, 2018 3:04 am

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer (Post 29319531)

Have to agree with you. Last Sunday in LHR T3 Mrs PtF and me visited, in order, CX F, QF and BA F lounges - that’s the same order in which we both rated the lounges. In fact we both thought the BA lounge was simply not up to the standard one would expect from a major airline’s home base - as if to demonstrate this point we visited HKG’s CX F Wing and Pier lounges this past Thursday; what a difference!

Of course the LHR T4 QR lounge is better than all the LHR T3 lounges, because ‘QR is better than BA’. :)

i would rate the T4 QR lounge as the best in the world.....even better than their al mourjan in Doha!

NickB Jan 21, 2018 3:30 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 29319459)
... and perhaps better suited to either the CX or oneworld forum.

Not necessarily. Discussing whether a particular lounge choice avaible to BA passengers and frequent flyers at BA's main hub is far from being OT on the BA board. OTOH, what is true and why we probably do not need this thread is that the topic has been done to death and the OP seems to just be re-inventing the wheel (although, to be fair, the BA board does seem to relish going over and over and over the same topics with exactly the same arguments each time on a regular basis).

Tobias-UK Jan 21, 2018 3:44 am

Originally Posted by NickB (Post 29319611)
Not necessarily. Discussing whether a particular lounge choice avaible to BA passengers and frequent flyers at BA's main hub is far from being OT on the BA board. OTOH, what is true and why we probably do not need this thread is that the topic has been done to death and the OP seems to just be re-inventing the wheel (although, to be fair, the BA board does seem to relish going over and over and over the same topics with exactly the same arguments each time on a regular basis).

That is so, but the OP is not about choices available, it's more of a review of the CX lounge and therefor more appropriate for the CX, oneworld or even the new Airport Lounges forums.