FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best T3 OneWorld Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653179-best-t3-oneworld-lounge.html)

plaintalk May 12, 2022 5:24 am

Thank you guys. Will probably check out both QF and CX lounges, and most likely skip the BA lounge.

Markie May 12, 2022 6:08 am

The CX F lounge was the busiest I have ever seen it yesterday morning. Very noisy passengers enjoying the alcohol available. Very less than the tranquil haven it used to be.

krispy84 May 12, 2022 6:10 am

Originally Posted by Markie (Post 34243312)
The CX F lounge was the busiest I have ever seen it yesterday morning. Very noisy passengers enjoying the alcohol available. Very less than the tranquil haven it used to be.

If both CX lounges are at 50% or more capacity, I prefer the J lounge.

sethMCOflyer May 12, 2022 6:25 am

I’m flying BA for the first time ever tomorrow, I’ll have a pretty long layover flying into T3 and out of T5. What business class lounge gives the best shot at having an available shower? I was reading on some of the T5 lounges and a lot of people were saying the showers are always busy.

After a TATL flight the only thing I really care about is a shower and some coffee. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

The _Banking_Scot May 12, 2022 6:33 am

Originally Posted by sethMCOflyer (Post 34243353)
I’m flying BA for the first time ever tomorrow, I’ll have a pretty long layover flying into T3 and out of T5. What business class lounge gives the best shot at having an available shower? I was reading on some of the T5 lounges and a lot of people were saying the showers are always busy.

After a TATL flight the only thing I really care about is a shower and some coffee. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi

Whilst with a long layover you could clear security in T3 use the lounges in T3 then take the flight connections bus to T5 and clear security again then go to T5 but I prefer to shower after the bus and security .

I found that T5B showers were quieter than those in T5a

Regards

TBS

Globaliser May 12, 2022 6:36 am

Originally Posted by sethMCOflyer (Post 34243353)

That's OT for this thread, which is about T3 lounges.

But I reckon that the answer to your question is probably the T5B lounge. However, there are some issues about using this lounge that you need to know about in advance, in particular about how to get from there to an A gate or a C gate if you need to. There are bear traps that could cause you to miss your flight if you were to fall into one. And I've only seldom had any problems getting a shower in a T5A (main building) lounge.

sethMCOflyer May 12, 2022 6:45 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot (Post 34243369)
Hi

Whilst with a long layover you could clear security in T3 use the lounges in T3 then take the flight connections bus to T5 and clear security again then go to T5 but I prefer to shower after the bus and security .

I found that T5B showers were quieter than those in T5a

Regards

TBS

Thanks, I was thinking that if I was arriving to T3 and connecting I wouldn’t be pushed out of the secured area but it sounds like I will be, similar to arriving in a Schengen country and connecting.

The _Banking_Scot May 12, 2022 6:51 am

Originally Posted by sethMCOflyer (Post 34243407)
Thanks, I was thinking that if I was arriving to T3 and connecting I wouldn’t be pushed out of the secured area but it sounds like I will be, similar to arriving in a Schengen country and connecting.

Hi

Arrivals and departures are separate at lhr and Flight connections security is separate from main security ( ie after check in to go into departures) Transferring airside between terminals will still involve a security check

Regards

TBS

sjoh1271 May 12, 2022 12:22 pm

Which lounge is best for breakfast + champagne, CX or QF? Travelling as a group of 6…

Confus May 12, 2022 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by sjoh1271 (Post 34244439)
Which lounge is best for breakfast + champagne, CX or QF? Travelling as a group of 6…

QF has some large tables, more space and is generally brighter, so with a group I’d definitely go there. CX J lounge would be a good second, particularly if you sit at the tables opposite the noodle bar (the rest is designed more for individuals/small groups). Or do 3/3 and swap over half way through :D

megaloman May 12, 2022 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot (Post 34243417)
Hi

Arrivals and departures are separate at lhr and Flight connections security is separate from main security ( ie after check in to go into departures) Transferring airside between terminals will still involve a security check

Regards

TBS

Visiting T3 lounges after arrival into T3 would require going through security twice - to enter T3 departures, and then to enter T5 departures.

Hazgreen1 May 12, 2022 11:39 pm

What times are Qantas serving a la carte food so I can not miss the squid?

scottishpoet May 12, 2022 11:48 pm

Maybe i just got lucky but I have never had to wait for a shower in the T5B lounge

Smid May 13, 2022 2:52 am

Originally Posted by sjoh1271 (Post 34244439)

Well, unless things have changed, only CX serves champagne, QF serves sparkling wine, so CX is the only option there.

GOTBound May 13, 2022 5:01 am

Originally Posted by Smid (Post 34246024)
Well, unless things have changed, only CX serves champagne, QF serves sparkling wine, so CX is the only option there.

QF serves champagne in the dining area during lunch and dinner time, e.g. when the Á la carte service is available. It’s hidden under rosè.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...0c3572771.jpeg