FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best T3 OneWorld Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653179-best-t3-oneworld-lounge.html)

wantan Apr 4, 2016 9:37 pm

arriving T3 with BA, and departing T4 with MH.

any chance of using the T3 lounges as Oneworld Sapphire as I'm arriving before the MH lounge opens at 6pm.

N1120A Apr 4, 2016 9:45 pm

Incidentally, the CX lounges are closed until June or July for construction. CX is currently sending people to the No. 1 lounge, including putting a staff member there, though one can just go to BA or AA instead.

Originally Posted by wantan (Post 26437843)
arriving T3 with BA, and departing T4 with MH.

any chance of using the T3 lounges as Oneworld Sapphire as I'm arriving before the MH lounge opens at 6pm.

No. They are for use on departing flights and you can only use them with an OW departure. That said, MH is a member of SkyTeam and you should be able to use the very nice SkyTeam lounge, which was formerly the CCR space.

Rami Tamimi Apr 4, 2016 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by N1120A (Post 26437862)
Incidentally, the CX lounges are closed until June or July for construction. CX is currently sending people to the No. 1 lounge, including putting a staff member there, though one can just go to BA or AA instead.

No. They are for use on departing flights and you can only use them with an OW departure. That said, MH is a member of SkyTeam and you should be able to use the very nice SkyTeam lounge, which was formerly the CCR space.

MH is not in SkyTeam and MH pax can't use the SkyTeam lounge (only elites departing on QR flight in Y can use that lounge.

EdC Apr 4, 2016 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi (Post 26437884)
MH pax can't use the SkyTeam lounge

That's what I thought too, but the Oneworld lounge finder now says different:

Qatar Airways frequent flyers (Platinum, Gold and Silver), oneworld Emerald and Sapphire customers, and First and Business class passengers when traveling on Qatar Airways or any oneworld member airline.

Hartsa Apr 4, 2016 11:11 pm

I'll be transferring through T3 on Saturday at around 09:30AM - 11:30AM. Now that the CX lounge is closed which of the BA or AA lounge is better foodwise at this hour? It looks like I will just miss the BA breakfast.

As OWS I have access to business class lounges.

lkrt Apr 4, 2016 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by Hartsa (Post 26438090)
I'll be transferring through T3 on Saturday at around 09:30AM - 11:30AM. Now that the CX lounge is closed which of the BA or AA lounge is better foodwise at this hour? It looks like I will just miss the BA breakfast.

As OWS I have access to business class lounges.

I suggest the AA one. Was in the BA Galleries J just over a week ago and there was literally nothing but fruit salad and cookies to eat at that time... Drinkwise it's better.

Hartsa Apr 4, 2016 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by lkrt (Post 26438114)
I suggest the AA one. Was in the BA Galleries J just over a week ago and there was literally nothing but fruit salad and cookies to eat at that time... Drinkwise it's better.

Thank you. So it'll be a mini-lounge-hopping then. First food at AA and then drinks at BA :)

hiima Apr 4, 2016 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by Hartsa (Post 26438125)
Thank you. So it'll be a mini-lounge-hopping then. First food at AA and then drinks at BA :)

Food in BA T3 is actually pretty good during meal time. They have curry, pasta, salad, and potatoes. Food in AA is like cafeteria food. Liquor is definitely better in BA. Showers are better in AA.

Hartsa Apr 4, 2016 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by hiima (Post 26438173)
Food in BA T3 is actually pretty good during meal time.

Nice to know but my visit will unfortunately be off meal times.

Rami Tamimi Apr 5, 2016 12:27 am

Originally Posted by EdC (Post 26438011)
That's what I thought too, but the Oneworld lounge finder now says different:

I would say it's a mistake,because QR has a contract with the Skyteam lounge for it's own pax [in addition to their own lounge for J/F] and MH has it's own lounge.

mentor of monty Apr 5, 2016 2:11 am

At the risk of it all kicking off... any experience here of the No1 lounge at t3?

wantan Apr 5, 2016 2:23 am

thanks for the info on CX lounge.

MH is in OneWorld. I will be landing in T3, but planing to spend 2/3 hours in the OneWorld T3 lounges before heading over to T4 when the MH lounge opens at 6pm. Is this possible ?

My experience of the Qatar Lounge in T4 has been hit and miss even with a Business class ticket on MH (ie: been denied entry).

cynicalmoose Apr 5, 2016 3:10 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 24460283)
For the same reason - and for the benefit of anyone else searching here in the future - you cannot do this if entering T5 from landside, this only works if you are on a connection, and a non Domestic-Domestic one at that.

Presumably starting from T5 airside you can (if you really want to) ride the shuttles to T5C, remain on them back to T5B (now in the arrivals flow), take the bus to T3, and then return to T5 as you describe (albeit that your ready to fly status will be strange, but probably corrected by somebody at T5 flight connections).

Myself I'd find this far too much effort, but then my target arrival time at T5 is typically 55 mins before departure.

BA6501 Apr 5, 2016 3:59 am

How do you get back from T3 departures however?

sxc Apr 5, 2016 4:43 am

In T3, there is a sign saying that if you want to go shopping in Prada (or Louis Vuitton or whatever brand name shop that isn't open in T3) and you have more than 2 hours til your next flight to see the information desk and they will help you get to another terminal.

Does anyone know what terminal that is, and maybe it's a way to get to another lounge?